severe upward curl in my sour diesel - help

• Thread starter MImedMJpatient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MImedMJpatient

It looks like heat stress IMO....... raise you lights. add a fan or two.

The vast majority of the curling is a foot and a half from the light already and I never broke the 79 degree mark in any of my tents. I also already have three fans in there. I don't think that circuit can take any more amps, personally.

S

SSHZ

I keep my lights a minimum of 24 inches away, and sometimes certain strains (a perfect example is Sweet Seeds Mahan Ram) are more sensitive and more distance is needed. I'm at 30 inches with my 1000 watt HP horizontal shields. It is a heat problem- that's a no brainer- raise your lights a minimum of 6 inches or more- and it will improve.

Also, too many fans along with the heat from the light will dry the leaves out eventually and this can contribute to your issues. It's all a fine line sometimes.....

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

I use BM on all my indoor grows and have never had it do anything quite like that... although I have some clones at the moment that look very similar, but I believe it is from a Ph issues caused by the Black Gold soil I'm in.
.5ml / gal is what I normally use on Sour Diesel and have great results. Use it at the start of 12/12 and do it 2-4 times consecutively. Too much and you'll end up with some extra hairy nuggzzz. Good luck homie.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the pics on the 1st page are heat/humidity related not a ph issue. if u dont have a fan blowing over the tops get one and also raise your lights just a bit.

M

MImedMJpatient

I keep my lights a minimum of 24 inches away, and sometimes certain strains (a perfect example is Sweet Seeds Mahan Ram) are more sensitive and more distance is needed. I'm at 30 inches with my 1000 watt HP horizontal shields. It is a heat problem- that's a no brainer- raise your lights a minimum of 6 inches or more- and it will improve.

Also, too many fans along with the heat from the light will dry the leaves out eventually and this can contribute to your issues. It's all a fine line sometimes.....

So the fact that the newest growth shows no problems (the newest growth being, of course, closer to the light than any other part of the plant) does not enter into this? Do the tips have more moisture in them, allowing them to remain green? It sounds like that would have to be the case in order for the leaves one and two sets down from new growth to be the ones that are showing signs, if this is truly a heat issue.

Funny, my Afghans sit a lot closer to the light but show no such signs, and I would have thought a sativa dominant strain would like higher temps than my other plants, all of which are indica dominant.

I HAVE moved the plants down a bit and in about three weeks the Afghan is coming out of that tent so I will have more space to, say, start pulling the longer flowering diesel's top cola (or what there will so far be of a cola) toward the sides of the tent, encouraging distance from the light and interior growth.

It is not LST per se and I doubt that I will bend, when it is all done (over the course of a week or more), more than thirty or forty degrees and I may have to wrap it around a bit. It will share the 4x4 Grow Lab with a White Widow for all except the last week or so if its own flowering cycle.

I have read that training is best finished by week three of flowering but should this small and gradual bending be a problem? It seems called for if this plant is having issues already. This lady should have another seven weeks of flowering left!

Most importantly, though, and as I asked above: does the fact that the newest growth looks pristine bear on this at all? Does it take time for heat symptoms to manifest?

M

MImedMJpatient

When was the last time you flushed them?

Well they get a flush in between each feeding and I am in a rhythm, now, of feed, wait two days, flush, wait two days, feed, etc. Because I did not know what I was dealing with I just yesterday gave it a half nute feeding but included some bee pollen on top of the soil (contains magnesium and calcium) so I hoped to get it what it was missing while cutting back on whatever might be burning it.

I flushed two days before that so altogether, three days ago. It will be dry enough for another flush by tomorrow, probably.

M

MImedMJpatient

I use BM on all my indoor grows and have never had it do anything quite like that... although I have some clones at the moment that look very similar, but I believe it is from a Ph issues caused by the Black Gold soil I'm in.
.5ml / gal is what I normally use on Sour Diesel and have great results. Use it at the start of 12/12 and do it 2-4 times consecutively. Too much and you'll end up with some extra hairy nuggzzz. Good luck homie.

Maybe, then, I can continue applying Bushmaster (heard Sour Diesel reacts real well with it) and won't have serious space issues in a few weeks after all, as long as I can get a grip on the current problem!

Maybe I just did by taking the plant down by the height of one milk crate.

M

MImedMJpatient

the pics on the 1st page are heat/humidity related not a ph issue. if u dont have a fan blowing over the tops get one and also raise your lights just a bit.

So hovering between forty and fifty-five percent humidity is not good?

M

MImedMJpatient

According to Sunleaves, my use of its Guano qualifies as a heavy feeding schedule. Could I be experiencing a salt induced nute lockout? I DO flush thoroughly but I am currently using a combination of Jamaican bat guano (3 TBSP per gal tea) and General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus Concentrated Organic Enhancer. Occasionally I use a little Superthrive or dress the top with earthworm castings.

M

MImedMJpatient

According to Sunleaves, my use of its Guano qualifies as a heavy feeding schedule. Could I be experiencing a salt induced nute lockout? I DO flush thoroughly but I am currently using a combination of Jamaican bat guano (3 TBSP per gal tea) and General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus Concentrated Organic Enhancer. Occasionally I use a little Superthrive or dress the top with earthworm castings.

This is right about when I started having some issues with my first grow - about three weeks into flower.

Also, there is almost no potassium in Sunleaves' feeding program. The ppm is 1 or less for the entire cycle.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
some rooms can handle it some cant. say your veg area is bone dry and then u stick them in your flower room that's 40-50% humidity it could cause a reaction. when they curl upward like that they are trying to make a smaller area either from to much moisture or to much heat. over time in bloom it may disappear completely. i don't think its a life threatining issue and if you raised your lights 6 inches and have a fan blowing over the tops you may see it go away faster.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
This is right about when I started having some issues with my first grow - about three weeks into flower.

Also, there is almost no potassium in Sunleaves' feeding program. The ppm is 1 or less for the entire cycle.

right about 3 weeks into bloom they have just reached thier peak stretch thus putting them right under the light in a very short period of time. next time raise your lights 6 inches from were they are now and see if you have the same issue

1st.artuning

some rooms can handle it some cant. say your veg area is bone dry and then u stick them in your flower room that's 40-50% humidity it could cause a reaction. when they curl upward like that they are trying to make a smaller area either from to much moisture or to much heat. over time in bloom it may disappear completely. i don't think its a life threatening issue and if you raised your lights 6 inches and have a fan blowing over the tops you may see it go away faster.

My girls were doing the same thing in high humidity...

Top Bottom