sexing UNROOTED clones

• Thread starter Steve Z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

@ 420Gator

I think there might be something to this. I've always heard that you should lower Nitrogen before taking cuts as it helps them to root faster. Hence being 2 weeks into flower your nutrient regimen should at this point have lower nitrogen levels than it did when it was in veg.

My last indoor run I green cleaned at about 10 days into flower and in the process took cuttings from the cleaning. I had 100% strike rate. I have since FLAILED at taking cuts and I think the lower N levels have something to do with it.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I felt compelled to say this after reading Gator's post.

you should starve the moms before you take the cuts, just plain water. if u wait till they green fades to a light yellow before you cut youll get better success

J

Jsän

i use a plastic folgers coffee container converted into a BB. just a fish pump, hose, air-stone. cut some holes. run your line. a drop of super-thrive. no need to dome.
super low-tech.
No matter your cloning to sex method, switching to 6/18 after a day or two of 12/12 can speed up the process.

Here is some info on the subject that i find intriguing but have yet to grab the resources to give it a test. Hopefully someone else has heard of this and can validate it or not.

It is the presence of Red Light (680nm range) that inhibits the flower growth hormone Pr. Knowing this we can "trick" MJ to flower and still veg at 24/0. IF we switch to a Pure Blue (400-450nm) for our 12hr dark cycle. Blue Light still inhibits the Pr hormone, but to a lesser degree. So that we can induce flowering at any age without a full hormone switch. Vegetation will be slowed as well. thickening of stems instead due to the extreme in wave-length.

Seems a trade, But no cuttings to keep track of, no 10day to flower - 10day back to veg BS.
seeing how 400-450 T5HO are ALL over the reefing community (14k iirc) it just might be the new no hassle way to do things. or at least a shot :)

thoughts from The Farm?

Jsän

ps. hit me if you want my source. cant go shilling a book when i just got here.

Top Bottom