SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

This grow will be in a 2x4 tent with 2 Spider-Farmer 1000's. It's the smallest tent we have and we needed a second SF1000 to fill it out with light, now we have a pair.

Soil:
Roots Organic LUSH.

Amendments:
Earth Dust:

Recharge:

Add-On:
Sticky Icky:(During Flower)

We will be using 3 gal fabric pots with holes in the sides for the soil probe. I have seen many people that have trouble with their soil probes. If you have the 3-in-1 probe, it is likely defective. We use this one and have nothing but good things to say about it.

To amend your soil:
Fill the fabric pot 98% full with LUSH. You want the soil about a fingernail height below the lip of the pot. (unless you have long nails) Finger width.
Add the amendments according to directions. Get your hands in there and mix it for a good 5 minutes or more. Top to bottom at least three times. At the same time you are mixing, watch for things that should not be there. I've never seen anything, but I heard mice do happen, along with Fungus gnats (they come with the organics it seems)
You may want some D-Earth to spread a nice layer of. A full cup of clean sand is also fine but not really needed as that soil has more than enough.
Place the pots in the tent and water them. Let them sit for a week (watering correctly in the meantime) and then,

Germinate the seeds. When they have decently long taps, plant them in the pots.
Get a pencil and stick it in the soil to a depth 125% of the tap length so that the seed is just under the soil. Make sure the tap root is pointing down into the hole you made with the pencil. Gently water and start it running VEG mode.

We also use a basic carbon filter to clean our water. It may be considered safe by the local gov, we don't want to drink it. Why would we give it to our plants?
The filter does not change anything really. It just removes a lot of stuff that could possibly cause problems.

We will be doing another round of GDP's from ILGM. We will do a 1/3 harvest.
When the plants are just starting to turn milky, we take 1/3 of them. Then wait for maybe 10% amber and take another third. Then take the rest at 50% amber for the pillow lock. There are days when some extra inducement to rest is needed.
I've added some GDP pix from as past grow.

I hear a tent calling to me. (All replacement parts are here.)
Growers! ASSEMBLE!
As far as the carbon filter goes can I leave tap water out for a day or so until the chlorine breaks down or is the carbon 100% necessary? My tap water PPM is usually at least 400+ but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s a big deal for an all Organic grow like this.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

As far as the carbon filter goes can I leave tap water out for a day or so until the chlorine breaks down or is the carbon 100% necessary? My tap water PPM is usually at least 400+ but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s a big deal for an all Organic grow like this.
Good question. Most people on city water do not need to let the water sit to evap the chlorine. There just isn't that much of it in there.
But we filter our water anyway. It tastes nasty to us and if we don't like it, we won't give it to our plants. Filtering also helps to prevent issues that might arise from water contaminants. It doesn't adjust pH or anything else. A basic water filter like I posted also removes chlorine. No waiting for the water to cure.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The soil is cooking! Dinner will be served in 4 months.
We reuse part of the last soil, so we do not need to cook it as long as normal.
@BionicKroniK is selecting seeds for germination right now.

Soil Cooking
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Well, the one is moving along nicely. I have had the light dimmed and distant on purpose. I was hoping the runt would catch up but I think its dead.
So, Lights back to normal and I pruned a temp mother for Durban Poison. The GDP growing now will be a temp mother also.

I hate to do this but:
I will not do business with ILGM any longer.
We have too many runts, dead seeds and just junky genetics overall.
I will give credit to their customer service that has done all it can to keep customers happy, but free seeds are not acceptable when it's the seeds that are the problem in the first place.

Who has quality genetics with high THCv?
And a great GDP and a Chocolope would be nice as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom