• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
1/21/23 - The thickening begins! finally feels like I am in flower - Stems thickening and the stretching is coming to a slowdown. Catgrass is going well enough I started some more, put all the clones that are alive into solo cups and they chill in the day with the tent then they goto my little light in my closet to stay on 24/7 lighting.

Starting to hit the peak I want for temps around 80F - night time is going to high 60's which is way more of a drop than I want but hoping I'll get some purple out of that naturally.

IMG 6260
IMG 6263
IMG 6259
IMG 6262
IMG 6261

IMG 6264

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
1/23/23 - Bracts* are getting nice and chonk and pistil development at top of cola's are getting more prominent. Smell is beginning to develop into a slightly stronger but almost sweet earth smell?

Cat grass is ready for the kittehs

Raised lights higher - trying to keep at least 20" inches from tops to light as I've turned it up to 90% light almost at top but i think it will work out just fine. will do significantly more bending of main stalks next run.

added timer for humidifier so it turns off right before lights out and on 30 after, I am allowing the tent to drop to cooler temps to try and bring out some colors - don't want to get too much moisture

a couple lower fan leaves showed initial development of cal def (small spot or two orangish) so I doubled calmag feeding today.

(wiring set up is from a post earlier today about fire safety - i think adding in how you manage your electrical components should be a part of your journals. )

using a watering can is showing a difference as my watering practices are now slowly watering each one on top - no more "dents" from pouring and I've noticed way way way less runoff. also with less runoff the plants seem to be drinking more, my watering scheduled has lost the proper 1 day from it's veg watering's.

thank you for the watering advice @SchwiftyGrower

*as i learn more and more I realize i incorrectly quoted the bract's as a calyx. upon reading i noticed they have calyx cells but no truly defined calyx. Learn something new everyday.

is there a peak temp in flower i don't want to surpass? I do keep a small c02 bag but i wouldn't rely on that enough to really push high temps.

IMG 6299

IMG 6297
IMG 6293
IMG 6295
IMG 6294
IMG 6298
IMG 6300

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
1/28/23 - Starting to see some trichomes coming in on all the plants - moved light up a couple inches almost to it's max height

I have only been doing super lite pruning - taking leaves that are in the super dark at the bottom and ones that are squished together making contact with bud sites

i am probably going to do a full prune here next week and take a good chunk of the lower fan leaves off.

Been giving full force nutes for flower and having almost no burn for the levels I'm using, makes me wonder if fox farms has done a little better with the "trio" or if I'm just doing better this run. I had questions on the genetics as google the breeder doesn't give a lot of the best results, but when it comes down to complaints - sometimes it's not the unicycle, but the clown riding it so i figured I'd give them a fair shot - plus they can be purchased locally at a hydro store with no med card so the availability was intense. I also LOVE runtz , hoping to get a sweet stinky s1 was the goal. it looks like they're all a similar pheno, the one up front was a little more stubby but overall grew identically almost.

IMG 6320
IMG 6325
IMG 6324
IMG 6326
IMG 6323
IMG 6322
IMG 6321

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
2/1/23 - Slight tip burn on the Tiki-Tom so I dialed back my nute feeding to about 1/4 except the silicia boost

swapped in the medium sized humidifier as at higher temps it's dropping it way to low. Been positioning the thermostat around the spot, probably better to just get a couple more. bud sites are starting to get frosty and it's got a while to go so I am pretty excited to see how crusty these guys will get

How do you guys place your temp readers?

IMG 6338
IMG 6343
IMG 6341
IMG 6340
IMG 6339
IMG 6337
IMG 6334
IMG 6332
IMG 6331
IMG 6333

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
2/6/23 - Took some pics before lights off - Did a bunch of lower canopy defoliating and pruning. I know it's not as extensive as some but I'm taking a couple here and there every day. Making sure to move leaves for better mid level lighting and airflow. starting to use string to bend down area's who are touching and will only get worse with development. been struggling keeping the temps down with 85%+ strength on the light so I am going to be rocking 80% and it lowers it to a perfect 75ish temp when sealed up.

noticed the tiki tom had some nute burn but the Runtz didn't, so i made the mistake of lowering the nutes in 3 feedings for all the plants not just the tiki tom and got some light yellowing on the largest runtz plant so I am back to full strength until I plan to flush at the end.

so far the genetics have been good and strong, taken all my bends and cuts - enjoying this grow. hoping for the ultra stink to come soon. I might look for a cheese strain after this grow to achieve that ultra nasty stank

PS - look at the last picture. idk why it makes me chuckle he survived the top and lived a long a frosty little life lol

IMG 6372

IMG 6361
IMG 6363
IMG 6362
IMG 6369
IMG 6368
IMG 6360
IMG 6365
IMG 6370

IMG 6373
IMG 6371

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Is there a better spot for my co2 bag? I really don't like it on the light but I lost the clip that holds it up.

I was going to put it on the floor but figuring that co2 is heavier than air so probably wouldn't go up properly.

View attachment 1319269
They dont do much but the best luck i had was placing itvon the floor near my air intake. It also worked best when my temps were high, closer to 90.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
2/14/23 - 33 Days after flip - Great progress IMO for how fast this grow has been in the flowering stage. really excited to see what they come out too. The tiki-tom although much smaller than the runtz has an amazing limey sweet diesel smell - i am super stoked. happy to see more growth picking back up in my plant that was having temp issues

removing silica from grow going forward.

IMG 6440
IMG 6443
IMG 6444
IMG 6445
IMG 6447
IMG 6448
IMG 6449
IMG 6450
IMG 6451

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
2/17/23 - I usually don't post a second update in a day but randomly decided to roll a couple joints and do some last minute stuff. I really want them to be at a spot where i can leave them be for the last month or so and with my smallest plant (Tiki-Tom) kinda falling over from it's buds developing I figured now was the time to take em out and tinker with things.

went from putting in 2 stakes to support a couple branches and went ham - plants smelling great and i also like working on the floor when i pull plants out because it gives a nice viewing angle of under them - looking for issues requires using all perspectives.

molly decided i needed a cat break halfway through - this sour diesel energized the shit out of me!!! Can't wait to see her in a week 🤤

IMG 6476
IMG 6493
IMG 6491
IMG 6480
IMG 6484
IMG 6485
IMG 6496
IMG 6495

IMG 6474
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
2/18/23 - 37 days since 12/12 flip

noticing thicker frost on the ladys and some buds are hardening up a little and getting plump. still feeding as usual and the plants seem to enjoy the warmer night time temps.

tiki tom took very well to all the tugging and pulling i did - i think im about at the phase where I am not doing much else for the next 4 weeks :)

timed this right I should be able to harvest on my bday next month woooot!

IMG 6503
IMG 6502
IMG 6501
IMG 6500
IMG 6499

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Flushing is controversial around here it seems. I did my own test behind the curtains and flushed 2 and didn’t flush the other 2. They’re still curing so I can’t give my opinion yet, but so far the smell is the best on the ones I didn’t flush. I’m going to run this test again once I find my winning mother and can run clones. This will give me more accurate results to form an opinion since my last grow was seed ran and had diff pheno types

Either way, your progress is looking great and girls are looking b-e-a-utiful

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Flushing is controversial around here it seems. I did my own test behind the curtains and flushed 2 and didn’t flush the other 2. They’re still curing so I can’t give my opinion yet, but so far the smell is the best on the ones I didn’t flush. I’m going to run this test again once I find my winning mother and can run clones. This will give me more accurate results to form an opinion since my last grow was seed ran and had diff pheno types

Either way, your progress is looking great and girls are looking b-e-a-utiful
please let me know those results - i don't care if it's either way i just want to know the effort i put in is resulting in a positive benefit.

i am amazed at how well the grow went and i feel lucky. i really need to understand how to SCROG properly as i ended up cuttin my net down confused. i think i got the wrong size delivered but still i now and then take the plants out to do a 360 inspection. i need to find a middle ground on that.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
I finally found a use for these cigars - they will be my first blunts from the harvest. excited to load those bad boys up. i find this part of the grow the hardest - i need to find a way to stay out of the room for a day or two at a crack.

i wonder how much i can fit in one?

IMG 6513

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
2/22/23 - 42 days since flip

thinking about adding some molasses to the grow - pretty sure the late stage of the plant it's not going to benefit much, but if i plant to starve it for nutrients the last week i wonder if that will help the uptake and consumption of already available nutes.

smells in the morning when i go to check the lights and open the flaps is getting intoxicatingly good. strong skunk and a super low sweet scent underneath it.

need to get a usb microscope soon so i can track how the trichs react on the different plants.

nute feedings are heavy on almost full doses of tiger bloom, 1/4 doses of calmag, 1/4 dose of silica boost, on 3/1 going forward i will reduce the feedings to 1/4 of what they are now and with the following feedings most l likely drop to plain PH'd water

IMG 6524
IMG 6528
IMG 6526
IMG 6529
IMG 6527
IMG 6532
IMG 6531
IMG 6530

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

These still have aways to go. I would keep feeding as normal. Molases is best used in teas, you can add it to soil but do so very sparingly. Things are looking good, i would just continue as you have been, till most of the white hairs have turned and started to recede

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
These still have aways to go. I would keep feeding as normal. Molases is best used in teas, you can add it to soil but do so very sparingly. Things are looking good, i would just continue as you have been, till most of the white hairs have turned and started to recede
i was thinking 1 tsp / gal and lettting that sit overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom