Shaded's Corner - SF4000 & SE3000

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I usually do heavy LST but thought SCROG would be the best way to finish this time. But after seeing Aqua Man’s setup with golf balls I might try that on my clones after transplanting. I like the SCROG but hate that I can’t get to the back of the plant to clean up or groom. But being able to spin the pot with clips and wires in place might be a better fit. We’ll see...

A few places sell wheel platforms for buckets or plants. Easy to make too. Just get BIG wheels if rolling on carpet.

If it’s just for tending the plants in the tent try the golf ball idea. Used ones from a driving range used to be cheap.

What I've found is that it's a pain in the ass to tend to any plants once they get deep into flower in any tent, SCROG or not! 🤣 But I will say the single plant SCROG was a little bit easier to maintain compared to the jungle I let run wild previously, but it did require me laying on the floor and spending an hour or two like a pretzel while I trimmed her up.

The closet is more of an issue with the SCROGs but depending on what I do moving forward that may just be a veg chamber and a SCROG won't be necessary.

Mornin Mister!
In answer to your question, after my second topping at node two or three on the new growth from topping at node four I allow them to gain six to eight inches of height over the height of my scrog table. My table stands at 24”. It has legs but I lower it via frogs from the top. Reduces damage and allows for a spreading of the plant to open it.
Just prior to putting them under the table I fim every top that’s large enough to see enough to fim. This does two important things. One it gives you three top sites instead of one and two it takes away all of the plants need to super feed etc the main cola, by passing a lot of other nice flowers. This equals the playing field, and straight up triples the amount of top or main colas.
Clear as mud?
In answer about my top clone, I took her just before I went to flower this last harvest. So she has some age on her, and she grew like a house on fire! I literally have cut her in half and she’s still full steam ahead!
Normally, with my grow rolling as soon as I go to flower, I pop a new set and they are ready or very close as soon as I harvest. I just clean up, reset my tents and we’re off again to another harvest in 10-14 weeks.
I won’t actually go to flower in my tents for another four or so weeks, I just got an opportunity to move them from my veg room into the tents where they can throw down and do some growing. Since this reopens my veg space room I’ll take this opportunity to pop some more! 🥰

Noted. Might try the fimming on this next run! Comin through loud and clear like static on the TV :)

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

What I've found is that it's a pain in the ass to tend to any plants once they get deep into flower in any tent, SCROG or not! 🤣 But I will say the single plant SCROG was a little bit easier to maintain compared to the jungle I let run wild previously, but it did require me laying on the floor and spending an hour or two like a pretzel while I trimmed her up.

The closet is more of an issue with the SCROGs but depending on what I do moving forward that may just be a veg chamber and a SCROG won't be necessary.

Noted. Might try the fimming on this next run! Comin through loud and clear like static on the TV :)
Listen to this static, if ya trimmed em to prep for the table, the only thing that should be under that canopy is whatever your using to water with. At the time of tabling the only greenery left should be able to reach top of your table.
Well sometimes I crawl under mine to pull spent leaves 🙂 or to hide from the grand kids 😂
Can ya hear me now?😝

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Listen to this static, if ya trimmed em to prep for the table, the only thing that should be under that canopy is whatever your using to water with. At the time of tabling the only greenery left should be able to reach top of your table.
Well sometimes I crawl under mine to pull spent leaves 🙂 or to hide from the grand kids 😂
Can ya hear me now?😝

I opted to not do any lollipop trimming until week 3 of flower this last run. What a nightmare that was when it came time to crawl under the net and actually do the haircut! 🤣 what I did was cut any branch or bud site that wasn't at least reaching the net or growing passed the net height, and it seemed to work out okay in the end.

We'll figure this out CG don't you worry. I'm gonna be eating, drinking, and sleeping SCROG over the next year.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

@CannaGranny

Here's my kiddos. Now we have a reference point to look back on in a couple months :)

BA454761 B673 425A ADF3 EA7302779EC5

Recovery update of the flash-overnight mag def on this one Desert Eagle sapling.

7CAB44F7 987C 4324 A434 C837102E3C55

I'm still laughing that there are plants growing in my mechanical closet 🧙🏻‍♂️

66613AB8 7A9A 40CA B342 3A8D003DA2C2
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

@CannaGranny

Here's my kiddos. Now we have a reference point to look back on in a couple months :)

View attachment 1325960

Recovery update of the flash-overnight mag def on this one Desert Eagle sapling.

View attachment 1325958

I'm still laughing that there are plants growing in my mechanical closet 🧙🏻‍♂️
Yup we are close. Mine may be a bit bigger as I have topped them already. Ya gonna top at node 4?
I grew in a two by seven closet painted screaming white for over five years. 😊

GranniesGrams

GranniesGrams

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Yup we are close. Mine may be a bit bigger as I have topped them already. Ya gonna top at node 4?
I grew in a two by seven closet painted screaming white for over five years. 😊

Yep you are a bit ahead! That's okay though. I usually grow to 8 or 9 and then top at 5, trim everything up to 3. I don't like having branches close to the top soil and this starts me off with a really nice X shape. Closets are great my only issue is the lack of fresh air and any sort of real ventilation, but still grows buds!

Awesome looking buds that looks like a great harvest.
Hey I like your cool scrog screen. How do you have it supported?

thank you very much! nice of you to pop in

Right now the scrog is just being held up by the buds and the plant itself. As cool as that scrog screen is I probably wouldn't do it again given the option to travel backwards and I will briefly explain why:

-lack of support beams in the middle, you can see a couple pages back when I posted pics of the assembly that the only supports are 4 "legs" that come down and rest on the baseboards inside the closet corners
-inability to harvest each plant independently the way that it was all tied together so I had to pretty much destroy it to get it out of the closet

I did like the wire material that I used for the screen so that would def be used again, but I would build something with a more robust base and if I was going to do it in the closet I would make smaller, individual sized scrogs for each 2x2 or 3x2 square. Although to be fair I did kind of expect to be able to go in there, chop the stem, and pull the plant out of the bottom of the nets and that just didn't work. I ended up cutting each individual branch and then hanging them, so probably didn't need to destroy the scrog after all :)

the eventual plan was to build a better one with PVC pipe and run the wire through in a cleaner way but I prob won't be flowering in this closet any longer

GranniesGrams

GranniesGrams

Well even though it may not have worked out well for you that was a lot of awesome information. I have also been trying to think up ways to better support my scrub net. I grow in a tent but there it's not secure. Does look good👍

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

What a nightmare that was when it came time to crawl under the net and actually do the haircut! 🤣 what I did was cut any branch or bud site that wasn't at least reaching the net or growing passed the net height, and it seemed to work out okay in the end.
I did mine right before the flip as I was out of time. My nets are exactly 10” apart so anything below the bottom net was toast. I have a bad back...it took three days lying on my sides with my dog trying to sneak in and grab trimmings. 😂

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Yep you are a bit ahead! That's okay though. I usually grow to 8 or 9 and then top at 5, trim everything up to 3. I don't like having branches close to the top soil and this starts me off with a really nice X shape. Closets are great my only issue is the lack of fresh air and any sort of real ventilation, but still grows buds!

thank you very much! nice of you to pop in

Right now the scrog is just being held up by the buds and the plant itself. As cool as that scrog screen is I probably wouldn't do it again given the option to travel backwards and I will briefly explain why:

-lack of support beams in the middle, you can see a couple pages back when I posted pics of the assembly that the only supports are 4 "legs" that come down and rest on the baseboards inside the closet corners
-inability to harvest each plant independently the way that it was all tied together so I had to pretty much destroy it to get it out of the closet

I did like the wire material that I used for the screen so that would def be used again, but I would build something with a more robust base and if I was going to do it in the closet I would make smaller, individual sized scrogs for each 2x2 or 3x2 square. Although to be fair I did kind of expect to be able to go in there, chop the stem, and pull the plant out of the bottom of the nets and that just didn't work. I ended up cutting each individual branch and then hanging them, so probably didn't need to destroy the scrog after all :)

the eventual plan was to build a better one with PVC pipe and run the wire through in a cleaner way but I prob won't be flowering in this closet any longer
My method of madness will make sense in the end 😊

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Midge. You've been a great learning experience and I cannot wait to weigh you. She wanted way more food than she got but grew some massive buds despite my best efforts to stunt her 😂

Anyone need a weed stem chandelier?? 🧙🏻‍♂️

C2CD22EB D5E9 44D7 B59A 1F572FE37367
C945C854 02A1 4D0E 8E8E A7813CF65172
82DB247F 7225 444A A14D 5A56A3BF72B9

One Romulan plant left in the closet still finishing up. Now I get to take down the 4x4 and start getting things ready for the 5x10!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Fantastic job! I can’t wait for weigh in either! I think that chandelier would look lovely in my posh grow room 😂
Midge. You've been a great learning experience and I cannot wait to weigh you. She wanted way more food than she got but grew some massive buds despite my best efforts to stunt her 😂

Anyone need a weed stem chandelier?? 🧙🏻‍♂️

View attachment 1326451View attachment 1326450View attachment 1326452

One Romulan plant left in the closet still finishing up. Now I get to take down the 4x4 and start getting things ready for the 5x10!

Top Bottom