Shaded's Corner - SF4000 & SE3000

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

What % power of the SF4000 light are you using for veg and bloom? trying to get some more info on how people use this light

Veg I would typically start around 40-70% intensity just to get the temps in good ranges and then hang the light around 3-4 feet away. Throughout veg they'll grow bigger and naturally get an increased PPFD. Usually about a week or two before flower I'll start slowly increasing intensity every day until 100%. After the 3 week stretch phase I'll do a finer adjustment of hanging height @ 100% intensity.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Veg I would typically start around 40-70% intensity just to get the temps in good ranges and then hang the light around 3-4 feet away. Throughout veg they'll grow bigger and naturally get an increased PPFD. Usually about a week or two before flower I'll start slowly increasing intensity every day until 100%. After the 3 week stretch phase I'll do a finer adjustment of hanging height @ 100% intensity.
I have mine sitting at 80 because of temp issues - it's pushing 82 in the room already and because it's winter not making it easy to just drop the temps in half the house

i gotta get an AC i guess :( makes me heartbroken to not use it at 100% i was hoping you had the same issue hahah :)

ty

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

@CannaGranny

Today was transplant and torture day! 😂 Narrowed it down to the final 4 and transplanted them into 7 gallon fabric pots. Oh boy does it feel good to be back in fabric pots. Most plants had 7-8 nodes. Topped at the 5th. Trimmed everything up to the 3rd. Probably removed 60% of their vegetation but they will bounce back in a week or so.

View attachment 1330289

View attachment 1330290
View attachment 1330291
Awwwwww a busy day for the Shadey One! So, which four did ya chose? I’m getting ready for the second topping. I topped at node 4 and then will again at node two on the new growth. Thinking about getting that done this evening, providing I manage to get all of my cooking done. I’m doing a weeks worth of different soups for the Hubby that just had a bunch of major dental work done and can have no solid food.
Its actually nice enough here today that I have the windows in my grow room thrown open giving those ladies a big breath of fresh air. They are growing like a house on fire.
I won’t lollypop mine until the day I go to flower, as I use anything spare for clones.
I am totally digging that tent!

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Awwwwww a busy day for the Shadey One! So, which four did ya chose? I’m getting ready for the second topping. I topped at node 4 and then will again at node two on the new growth. Thinking about getting that done this evening, providing I manage to get all of my cooking done. I’m doing a weeks worth of different soups for the Hubby that just had a bunch of major dental work done and can have no solid food.
Its actually nice enough here today that I have the windows in my grow room thrown open giving those ladies a big breath of fresh air. They are growing like a house on fire.
I won’t lollypop mine until the day I go to flower, as I use anything spare for clones.
I am totally digging that tent!

I just went with 2 of each strains - left half will be the Grape God right half will be the Desert Eagle. Not sure what edge lord picks these strain names but I hope they turn out okay. Did you get more topping done today? I'm still stressing out about what to do for a SCROG for this 5x10. Not very easy to find or get one. Hopefully the hubby appreciates and enjoys the lovely soups you made him! I always have a window cracked in the grow room - even at 20 degrees below :P fresh air is a necessity! I have a feeling over the next couple of weeks our ladies are going to take off like spaceships 🚀

I'm so happy with my new setup. Lots and lots of space! Can't wait to have the canopy all filled out and once they start budding I am going to be starstruck

oh yeah I finished trimming the last Romulan plant today. She came out to about 267g. Meaning I pulled almost the exact same amount from my closet with 2 plants as I did from my tent with 1 plant. If I didn't kill off that other plant in the closet I would have most likely snagged 750g from my closet across 3 plants. Oh well...it was a fun experiment. Nice to know what you can do with 1 plant.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I just went with 2 of each strains - left half will be the Grape God right half will be the Desert Eagle. Not sure what edge lord picks these strain names but I hope they turn out okay. Did you get more topping done today? I'm still stressing out about what to do for a SCROG for this 5x10. Not very easy to find or get one. Hopefully the hubby appreciates and enjoys the lovely soups you made him! I always have a window cracked in the grow room - even at 20 degrees below :P fresh air is a necessity! I have a feeling over the next couple of weeks our ladies are going to take off like spaceships 🚀

I'm so happy with my new setup. Lots and lots of space! Can't wait to have the canopy all filled out and once they start budding I am going to be starstruck

oh yeah I finished trimming the last Romulan plant today. She came out to about 267g. Meaning I pulled almost the exact same amount from my closet with 2 plants as I did from my tent with 1 plant. If I didn't kill off that other plant in the closet I would have most likely snagged 750g from my closet across 3 plants. Oh well...it was a fun experiment. Nice to know what you can do with 1 plant.
No topping for me last night, I had big aspirations. I was cleaning up the kitchen at 10pm. He does, my Hubby is a fantastic sort and he spoils me so darn bad. I feel much better fixing him up so he isn’t eating store bought cans of poison.
These ladies get a constant air exchange but they groove on the real fresh stuff! I learned my air e change lesson the first time I ever got PM and I never forgot it! ☹️
So, double take on one plant. Congrats!
Cmon Wiz! Build your darn tables! Mine are ugly as sin, but they work well! I would build two for that tent, so you can actually reach the middle of them. Also mine has removable legs, and I hang the table top from the tent top with frogs so I can lower it atop of the growth and spread it open with very little damage. Just an idea!
Great job Wiz, now show me what ya can really do! 🥰

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

No topping for me last night, I had big aspirations. I was cleaning up the kitchen at 10pm. He does, my Hubby is a fantastic sort and he spoils me so darn bad. I feel much better fixing him up so he isn’t eating store bought cans of poison.
These ladies get a constant air exchange but they groove on the real fresh stuff! I learned my air e change lesson the first time I ever got PM and I never forgot it! ☹️
So, double take on one plant. Congrats!
Cmon Wiz! Build your darn tables! Mine are ugly as sin, but they work well! I would build two for that tent, so you can actually reach the middle of them. Also mine has removable legs, and I hang the table top from the tent top with frogs so I can lower it atop of the growth and spread it open with very little damage. Just an idea!
Great job Wiz, now show me what ya can really do! 🥰

I still have a few weeks to go before I need to stress about it :) I was thinking of 3...but the more my brain spins the more I get a headache. If I scrog from corner to corner in this tent things are going to get very tricky when it comes time to preen or even just watering. And the tent doors don't exactly help this either...I have a door on the far left, and far right. Nothing in the middle or sides. Lend me your brain CG...

This is the tent. Blue circles are my 4 plants.

Green = doors
Gray = potential SCROG

You can see my issue. Once that SCROG goes up, Shaded no longer goes in. 🙃

Can you post a pic of how you have your table strung from the top? plz and ty

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

You can see my issue. Once that SCROG goes up, Shaded no longer goes in. 🙃
To be honest I think thats just a fact of life when SCROGing corner to corner in a tent. Have you thought of leaving 1 to 1.5ft on long side by the door to let you get better access at the cost of efficiency per sqft of tent?

This is the reason Ive only done one 3x3 SCROG, lack of access to the plants meant the plants in the back and the buds in the middle didn't get the pruning/pest scouting they deserved. But the efficiency is still higher than plants that are staked and not trellised.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Leave enough height under the screen so that you can slide on your back under the canopy and access the entire canopy. I do it with a large beach towel to help slide around. I can prune the entire underside of the canopy. One note of caution. Wear goggles and a mask! Dead weed leaves don't taste very good.

I use a grabber with a set of shears taped to the grabber fingers to clip off any unwanted leaves I can't reach on the top of the canopy. When I had the tent in the living room I had access from all 3 sides so I could access the entire footprint of the tent but now that I moved it into the office I only have access to 2 sides so the grabber will come in handy for the plants I can't reach.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I was leaning towards leaving 10-12" of space near the far wall just for access but at this point every square inch matters. I will wait for pics from @CannaGranny and then I will start game plans

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I was leaning towards leaving 10-12" of space near the far wall just for access but at this point every square inch matters. I will wait for pics from @CannaGranny and then I will start game plans

View attachment 1330796
Give me about an hr. I will have to photo the different pieces as I’m not on scrog at the moment. But I can show you what I have done. Also makes storage easy peasey requiring little to no room to store.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

My top is wire, my frame is pvc pipe with a t added at the corner rounds. The T is for the legs. I have two sizes of legs. 18” for the typical short bushy Indicas and 24 for the taller sativa leaning plants. By having removable legs, it allows me to suspend this table by attaching hangers from the top of my tent. By doing this, I can slowly lower it atop of my ladies, until it’s standing on it legs, shoving them down and opening them up under the table With minimal damage. Once my top is on I add the legs and slowly lower it down allowing me time to adjust limbs etc. I clean the hell out of my tents between grows, this makes that easy. I also run veg cycles in my tent’s and have no need for the table to be in there. As you see, basically no storage room needed just break them down and lean them against the wall.
Looking over your tent design, I can see where your problems lie. In my five by five the entire front wall zips out and windows on both sides, so I can get to all parts of my table, except the very back, but I work that from the sides. I just know you’re going to figure this out!

62F2579D A57D 445E B326 DD0479600DDA
A515A333 6EE2 4643 9221 958CFF6C07CE
DBA884C5 1560 4AB3 95EF F49EAFB27B4D
BCF7BA09 C406 4037 A2B2 54980ACF4918
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

My top is wire, my frame is pvc pipe with a t added at the corner rounds. The T is for the legs. I have two sizes of legs. 18” for the typical short bushy Indicas and 24 for the taller sativa leaning plants. By having removable legs, it allows me to suspend this table by attaching hangers from the top of my tent. By doing this, I can slowly lower it atop of my ladies, until it’s standing on it legs, shoving them down and opening them up under the table With minimal damage. Once my top is on I add the legs and slowly lower it down allowing me time to adjust limbs etc. I clean the hell out of my tents between grows, this makes that easy. I also run veg cycles in my tent’s and have no need for the table to be in there. As you see, basically no storage room needed just break them down and lean them against the wall.
Looking over your tent design, I can see where your problems lie. In my five by five the entire front wall zips out and windows on both sides, so I can get to all parts of my table, except the very back, but I work that from the sides. I just know you’re going to figure this out!
Very nice. A step up from mine. Only thing I would add/change is to offset the legs.

I don’t glue my pvc the net holds it together along with friction. So I can either remove or swing the legs in to store. Like an old card table. But I forgot to offset two legs to they hit rather than fold side by side. 🤦‍♂️

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Weekly Monday updates coming in hot 😂 is it flower time yet?? No scrog for me yet but will need to get on it soon.

191A17EE 44F3 418F B1C1 259F73E6FC40
61F444DC 860B 40F2 8BCB 2125BA42E913

7 gallon pots. Temps around 18-28c and humidity around 50-60%

Increasing my feed amounts this grow.

Per 4 week block:

4 tablespoons per gallon of GG
1/2 cup of gypsum, Epsom, and Azomite

This should take me to the end of veg for these girls 🧙🏻‍♂️

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Not exactly very scientific but you get a feel for it... About an inch of water into the bottom tray and then saturate from
the top down. Once you get a good feel for it you just do this every time the top soil is dry or the leaves start to droop.

Meant to say ~4.5L of water per 7 gallon pot* my watering can is about 10L

5L of water per 7gallon pot every 3-4 days at this point. As the plants grow and demand more you just water more frequently.

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

~weekly Monday update

Found some 5x5 AC Infinity scrog nets on Amazon for around $20. I figure that's at least how much I'll spend on PVC and other assorted costs doing it DIY so I just went that route. Should be here on the 13th and then I'll start setting the table and getting ready to flip. The 13th is when they are also up for another top dress. 1 of the DE girls was showing slight mag def so gave her a couple tablespoons of Epsom last night. Other than that so far so good on the new 4 week block feed amounts throughout veg. Flower will be a different story but I'll worry about that when we get there 🧙🏻‍♂️

DC067E70 5595 4C10 A2CB 81578599C068
C21CC8D5 01E0 4E64 818E 191FB87BE533

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom