Share your experience with Nanners!🙄😉

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

@growsince79 I’ll go first . I experienced nanners on my first grow the vent of my tent was open I had 5 plants/strains . All feminized. The plants closest to the vent had caught the light leak. One turned male I believe I seen true balls. So I killed it. Then the two ones next to it got some nanners. I wet the nanners and plucked them corrected the light leak and let them go flower for 80 more days . One of the plants with nanners never got ANY MORE . The second plant got about 6-10 nanners on it but it was a 3 gallon pot compared to the other which was a 1 gallon.

Share your experiences let’s see what the Nanners do doe!! 😎

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

@growsince79 I’ll go first . I experienced nanners on my first grow the vent of my tent was open I had 5 plants/strains . All feminized. The plants closest to the vent had caught the light leak. One turned male I believe I seen true balls. So I killed it. Then the two ones next to it got some nanners. I wet the nanners and plucked them corrected the light leak and let them go flower for 80 more days . One of the plants with nanners never got ANY MORE . The second plant got about 6-10 nanners on it but it was a 3 gallon pot compared to the other which was a 1 gallon.

Share your experiences let’s see what the Nanners do doe!! 😎
Sometimes they are impossible to see. When I do see nanners in late flower, it's usually close enough to cut. I even had full on balls in he middle of colas that were impossible to see until I trimmed.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Sometimes they are impossible to see. When I do see nanners in late flower, it's usually close enough to cut. I even had full on balls in he middle of colas that were impossible to see until I trimmed.
this aligns with my personal experience as well. i've never had a full on hermie, but i had some surface nanners show up around week 5 once and this last run there were some starting to show up at the end of week 8 on on phenotype. likely had others as well considering i also found one immature seed so far. they're not as common as some would have you think, at least as long as you're running stable genetics.

Zombierider

Zombierider

@tobh @CannaGranny @Shaded_One not sure if i should start a new thread on this, but wanted to know how long after a light leak should I expect nanners to appear, if they appear at all of course. I left my cell phone with the photone app on on the floor of my grow room, and forgot about it, and the damn thing was on for two hours after lights out before i went into check the room and noticed the light. Was fairly bright, enough to "read a book by" i think as per dr bruce budgee's standards. What do you think, would two weeks after a light interruption pretty much put me in the clear? Or can nanners from stress show up over 2+ weeks later?

I should mention im at the start of week 2 after the flip.

Moshmen

Moshmen

@tobh @CannaGranny @Shaded_One not sure if i should start a new thread on this, but wanted to know how long after a light leak should I expect nanners to appear, if they appear at all of course. I left my cell phone with the photone app on on the floor of my grow room, and forgot about it, and the damn thing was on for two hours after lights out before i went into check the room and noticed the light. Was fairly bright, enough to "read a book by" i think as per dr bruce budgee's standards. What do you think, would two weeks after a light interruption pretty much put me in the clear? Or can nanners from stress show up over 2+ weeks later?

You might get lucky, and nothing happen, I’d worry more about reveg than nanners at this point but that’s my opinion

Zombierider

Zombierider

You might get lucky, and nothing happen, I’d worry more about reveg than nanners at this point but that’s my opinion
So if i did put em into revegging with that light, that would just delay onset of flowering w/o any other undesireable effects?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Bet you would be fine Z for what it is worth. Just wanted to share my experience because I think it has some keys to why I got "nanned" and I only realized it yesterday.
So I ain't even going to say not to laugh at me because it's down right inevitable. I've tried to learn much about cultivating in the last year and I think I must just get overwhelmed in my head. Charts here charts there, literally the writing is on the wall yet I still seem to somehow veer off the path often accidentally.
Which brings me to the 2 female Purple Dragon Balls that hermed on me in like week 4 or 5. They were in a closer to the window. I was sweatin it every time heat got near 80 in flower. I stopped paying attention to what ideal temps are in flower and somehow took trying to drop RH as also teying to drop temps. So I have literally been sucking cold air in from outside with a fan inside a 8" tubing and ported as intake directly into that tent. Temps swung from low 80s light on to 60 overnight. Got nanners and tossed plants. I had a mimosa clone with them and it has been fine until week 9 and bow it is foxtailing. Went to pool tournament yesterday and spoke to very good grower I know locally and he said "wtf you doing? They love 80-85 in flower easily. You likely stressed them out".

Sooo I am sure I could be wrong but I feel my nanners and foxtailing I just got were simply both a result of me forgetting/disregarding proper vpd 😣
Ohhhhhhhh 😂🤣🥺🥴 and one more thing/clue. I did not realize that the humidifier I was using(mostly in veg and maybe 2-3 weeks into flower tops) has an led display and is fairly bright 😯😣 I fixed weeka ago by clamping bar magnets to water flap and I drape a cut up black plastic bag over the diaplay 🤣

On a good note though lmao I sampled my mimosa without really drying much or curing much and it's good 😳 or at least beats disp herb already. And it was samples from weeks 7-9 days ago so I like my odds that this last grow might work out if can dry and cure well.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

So if i did put em into revegging with that light, that would just delay onset of flowering w/o any other undesireable effects?
I believe revegging will cause hormonal changes and the plant will literally blow up like it is on roids. Isn't being a bit into flower and then revggin a form of monster cropping?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Bet you would be fine Z for what it is worth. Just wanted to share my experience because I think it has some keys to why I got "nanned" and I only realized it yesterday.
So I ain't even going to say not to laugh at me because it's down right inevitable. I've tried to learn much about cultivating in the last year and I think I must just get overwhelmed in my head. Charts here charts there, literally the writing is on the wall yet I still seem to somehow veer off the path often accidentally.
Which brings me to the 2 female Purple Dragon Balls that hermed on me in like week 4 or 5. They were in a closer to the window. I was sweatin it every time heat got near 80 in flower. I stopped paying attention to what ideal temps are in flower and somehow took trying to drop RH as also teying to drop temps. So I have literally been sucking cold air in from outside with a fan inside a 8" tubing and ported as intake directly into that tent. Temps swung from low 80s light on to 60 overnight. Got nanners and tossed plants. I had a mimosa clone with them and it has been fine until week 9 and bow it is foxtailing. Went to pool tournament yesterday and spoke to very good grower I know locally and he said "wtf you doing? They love 80-85 in flower easily. You likely stressed them out".

Sooo I am sure I could be wrong but I feel my nanners and foxtailing I just got were simply both a result of me forgetting/disregarding proper vpd 😣
Ohhhhhhhh 😂🤣🥺🥴 and one more thing/clue. I did not realize that the humidifier I was using(mostly in veg and maybe 2-3 weeks into flower tops) has an led display and is fairly bright 😯😣 I fixed weeka ago by clamping bar magnets to water flap and I drape a cut up black plastic bag over the diaplay 🤣

On a good note though lmao I sampled my mimosa without really drying much or curing much and it's good 😳 or at least beats disp herb already. And it was samples from weeks 7-9 days ago so I like my odds that this last grow might work out if can dry and cure well.

10 degree celsius difference between day and night temps is normal/approved :p not 20 degrees farenheit lol

oh my fuck

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Am I right though that I was NOT supposed to be dropping temps like that in mid flower? Honestly it was having the mindset of dropping RH in flower and whoops it turned into "hmm I should be porting this cold air into the tent from outside because that will bring out her colors and make her frosty" 😖

You can't make this shit up ffs 🥺

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I believe revegging will cause hormonal changes and the plant will literally blow up like it is on roids. Isn't being a bit into flower and then revggin a form of monster cropping?

Just keep a close watch on them. They may never appear. Good thing was it was not an interrupted period of complete dark.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I find every situation is different there’s no definite answer to your question - I’m will to bet you won’t notice anything . Even if ya do it’s just a minor setback no big deal . Imo

Zombierider

Zombierider

Whats up bro, you are on point with identifying VPD (and that dehu light) as probable causes for those hermies, coupled with genetics that arent particularly resilient to temperature fluctuations either. Man Im finding out that genetics aren't as easy as "get some good stuff for 80$ and grow awesome weed". Its like 5 out of 100 phenotypes that breeders keep. So as small timers, were basically pheno hunting and when we find a good one, honestly were lucky lol. A "good one" would be temp resilient, and good thc production. Few pheno's have BOTH potency, flavor AND resilience, so its no wonder "shit happens". Good on ya for hammering away and refining your methods. AS for these girls, Im just gonna keep it nice and chill in the room and hope they come out alright.

As for the 80-degree thing, I would say that's a decent temp IF you have really high humidity (which brings with it its own problems). In flower, we have our lights at full power (or almost). If you couple that light intensity with really high temperatures, your gonna stress em out. I like to run my room no more than 75 during flower, and i let it get maybe to like 77-78 in veg. ALWAYS following the proper humidity as per the chart after checking leaf temps. At night, I try and not let the tempuratures swing more than 2 or 3 degrees...IDEALLY. Also, the higher the tempurature, the higher the chance of some delicate terpenes will vaporize.

" Higher temperatures during flowering, drying and curing means that the evaporation and subsequent loss of terpenes can seriously alter and degrade the organoleptic properties of the buds produced."

Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

I find every situation is different there’s no definite answer to your question - I’m will to bet you won’t notice anything . Even if ya do it’s just a minor setback no big deal . Imo
thanks for the insight. I will watch em like a hawk, but end of the day nothing I can do but laugh and try not to fk up again lol.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Just keep a close watch on them. They may never appear. Good thing was it was not an interrupted period of complete dark.
Yeah I was checking the light intensity with the phone, and evidently it keeps the phone on lol. So yeah, they just got a 14 hour day I guess, vs like you say "interrupting their period of complete dark" which would be like turning it on in the middle of dark period I think? I will be watching like a damn sea-eagle 🦅If I see herms, Ima kill the herm, and just live with some seeded bud, but not gonna toss the rest cuz Im hoping, even with a few seeds, they will still give me some fire.

Top Bottom