Shark Shock

• Thread starter jaredman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaredman

jaredman

I used to get the dankest weed ever back in the early 2000's called great white shark, which I think at the time was the same as this shark shock. Anyone grown it before? Any special tips or special requirements this plant likes would be really appreciated, also what pheno expressions are desired. What should I be on the lookout for?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

It's a white shark cross I think but every pic I've seen of it is so impressive

jaredman

jaredman

it actually is great white shark renamed because of drama, however this is the original real deal. However, I am looking for info on pheno expressions and what to look for and maybe any tips on really making it shine, ie heavy or light feeder, stretch, does it like topping or training, things of that nature.

fractal

fractal

This one used to be called Peacemaker wasn't it? Dankest stuff I ever smoked at that time back in the late 90's was Peacemaker. The resin clogged up the joint so bad we could hardly smoke it. And the high was insane like an out of body experience. Lots of couchlock and laughing.

R

richdash

I am growing some GWS from seed right now. I have yet to flower it all the way and only have one small plant in flower at about 3 weeks right now. I will update when I get farther...

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

GWS was all over my area in the uk a good few years ago, then disappear completely. Was awesome smoke.

StocktonT

StocktonT

I do believe that the Shark Shock is a remake to create a similar strain to the classical Great White Shark. Why do I say this? Well I came across both these names during the past year. I was gifted a very old seed that was bought in Amsterdam in 1997 by one of my childhood friends and had been in semi-bad storage ever since. I got a few old seeds from him to try and germinate and the only one that germinated and got flowered was the 1997 Greenhouse Seeds (still have the marketing tag that came with the seeds too) Great White Shark. This was a strain my friends grew out a lot from 1997 and onwards. It is a stellar cross made by Shanti of a Super Skunk and his White Widow male. The plant I got last spring was a flashback to the 90s indeed and the super skunk mixed with that nasty potent flavour of the Widow, totally dripping in big fat resin glands. Acrid sticky super skunk funk almost like the face being hit with ammonia when opening the jars, nothing sweet or smooth about her.

Now I didn’t take a cutting due to life circumstances (still kicking my stoner ass for that) but I got to try some of the Shark Shock, masterfully grown by another local pot farmer and I read up on Shanti’s description of this one. It says clearly on the Mr Nice information boards that the Shark Shock is a Skunk#1 x Black Widow cross. This was evident from the first smoke. This Shark Shock is way smoother, softer and calmer terpenes and way more earthy and creamy skunk that the old super skunk acridity and sticky foulness. Now don’t get me wrong, I really liked the nice flavour of the Shark Shock, but if looking for that horse kick in the forehead that the 90s GWS was, this ain’t it. Mostly I think the old Super Skunk is the missing link in this one, hard to switch that acrid nasty skunk infused with Afghani with the much more smoothed and earthy flavours of the Skunk#1 (and I get the feeling this skunk used is not the 1991 Skunk#1 but a later filial generation). I don’t know about the Black Widow as I have not seen it grown nor have I tried it like we did with the very nice 90s White Widow from Shanti and Greenhouse back then. I don’t know if todays Black Widow is different from the 90s legendary White Widow, I have read it is not but also have a feeling it might be…

All in all the Shark Shock was nice but it is not that old GWS with raw potency and nasty terpenes… also take my rant for what it is, I didn’t grow 100s and 100s of seeds only a small sample viewed through my subjective and biased perspective.

My buddy got some more Shark Shock so time will tell if we can find something nasty in this new breed of an old legend.

Anyone tried Shanti’s G13/Skunk? Also a remake of an old legend, I have a feeling this one is worth a look through…

clutch419

clutch419

My shark shock liked to pop banana curls about week 5. I didn't keep her around

MT bucket

MT bucket

Me Big buddy put down 10 from MR.Nice and got 3 average lookin males, 7 females. One F smells like green crack and the other smells like someone came at ya with a fruit basket to the face.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Yup, shark skock is the real great white shark, it was also known as peacemaker, same strain. Stay away from gh, theres are knock offs of shanti. Heres some shots, smells of tropical fruit, starburst, and hairspray.
20151108 232436
20151108 232619
20151108 232729
20151109 001539

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

And last thing ill type here, everything from mr nice is the original work from gh, shanti took his parent tock when he left in 98, white wid is black wid, el nino is la nina, red devil is devil and so on. Heres an afghan haze and a mango haze im running as well. Get yourself some mr nice gear for sure.
20151109 000158
20151109 013436

80sHippy

Anyone tried Shanti’s G13/Skunk
Yes I have grown it and keep trying to get seeds again, it is the heaviest body effect most of my freinds and i have ever had it is total worth doing what you have to get this strain as I am still trying to get it back now.

Top Bottom