Shipping Container Grow

• Thread starter Gen3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gen3

Gen3

does seem like a big first setup:cry: but hit me up if you get it goin ill be keen for looksy:smoking:

What exactly do you mean big first setup? And ya, I have all the resources to pull it off, knowledge, time, funds, desire. So the only reason I would be backing out of this is if I decide it is not worth it or something like that, which at this point I think its worth it. i will be posting it all on here, everything. Going to also have a friend of mine make an extensive video series on the entire setup and grow, with a lot of how to stuff and addressing all of the issues i run into with it

bicky studs

bicky studs

What exactly do you mean big first setup? And ya, I have all the resources to pull it off, knowledge, time, funds, desire. So the only reason I would be backing out of this is if I decide it is not worth it or something like that, which at this point I think its worth it. i will be posting it all on here, everything. Going to also have a friend of mine make an extensive video series on the entire setup and grow, with a lot of how to stuff and addressing all of the issues i run into with it
well multiple containers is no lill grow..... ill pull up a swappa crate n enjoy the show then :smoking:

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Here’s how I laid out my 40’ high cube
View attachment 813984 View attachment 813985 When I first built mine all my buddies w their big shops scoffed at my idea....
After the first harvest they all wanted me to build them one..... sure, 50k not a dime less. No hotter than a steel clad building, of course you must insulate it just like any other climate controlled space. I framed mine in w 2x4s 24” OC rockwool r14 batts in walls r22 ceiling and sheeted w osb and coated w about 10mil of elastomeric[/QU

P

PharmHand

NICE that looks good, how many watts?
also, how's the heat with those reflectors/ballasts?
se or de lamps? just trying to get a feel for what's working for you to gauge if mine is planned well
10.6k nano 630cmh, 5ton York package unit. No heat issues whatsoever ,5ton is way overkill. I built one for a friend that’s 15k SE HPS with the same ac and it keeps up but the ac is working hard. If you’re gonna bury it flip it upside down before dropping it in the hole

Gen3

Gen3

10.6k nano 630cmh, 5ton York package unit. No heat issues whatsoever ,5ton is way overkill. I built one for a friend that’s 15k SE HPS with the same ac and it keeps up but the ac is working hard. If you’re gonna bury it flip it upside down before dropping it in the hole

Not going to bury it, but wondering why flip it upside down?

P

PharmHand

Not going to bury it, but wondering why flip it upside down?
The floor is far stronger and designed to support weight for shipping. It’s got channel iron floor joists and cross members with some kind of super tough Asian hard wood better able to support the weight from above. The ceiling strength is mostly on the corners for when they’re stacked for shipping even a heavy snow load can cave em in

Gen3

Gen3

working on laying out the power so when I actual install it ill know where everything goes and there wont be a giant mess of wiring

Power
Gen3

Gen3

Question: what do you guys think about titan controls? All the controls i picked out are titan, just wondering if anyone has anything positive/negative to say about them. Are they quality? They seem to be, I have some of their apollo timers at home and never had a problem with those, but this is a bit larger equipment than a timer so wanted to get some opinions. I'll post the details on exactly what I chose from them later.

K

kansabis

Exactly why I was going to say that if anyone desires to bury a shipping container,do your research first because the weightof the surrounding earth can cave them in fairly easy and the moisture eventually becomes a problem too. QUOT"PharmHand, post: 2154379, member: 82216"]The floor is far stronger and designed to support weight for shipping. It’s got channel iron floor joists and cross members with some kind of super tough Asian hard wood better able to support the weight from above. The ceiling strength is mostly on the corners for when they’re stacked for shipping even a heavy snow load can cave em in[/QUOTE]

P

PharmHand

Question: what do you guys think about titan controls? All the controls i picked out are titan, just wondering if anyone has anything positive/negative to say about them. Are they quality? They seem to be, I have some of their apollo timers at home and never had a problem with those, but this is a bit larger equipment than a timer so wanted to get some opinions. I'll post the details on exactly what I chose from them later.
They seem well made but idk these grow equipment manufacturers always put bright green lights on all their shit. I get it it’s green but enough green will most definitely mess up your dark cycle. It’s just unnecessary to put these indicator lights on stuff IMO

Gen3

Gen3

They seem well made but idk these grow equipment manufacturers always put bright green lights on all their shit. I get it it’s green but enough green will most definitely mess up your dark cycle. It’s just unnecessary to put these indicator lights on stuff IMO

Thanks for the input. Luckily the lights wont be an issue for me, the control equipment will be in the front area, separated from the grow by a wall/door. I'll post more renderings later to show what I mean.

P

PharmHand

Exactly why I was going to say that if anyone desires to bury a shipping container,do your research first because the weightof the surrounding earth can cave them in fairly easy and the moisture eventually becomes a problem too. QUOT"PharmHand, post: 2154379, member: 82216"]The floor is far stronger and designed to support weight for shipping. It’s got channel iron floor joists and cross members with some kind of super tough Asian hard wood better able to support the weight from above. The ceiling strength is mostly on the corners for when they’re stacked for shipping even a heavy snow load can cave em in
[/QUOTE]
A friend notched out the hillside in his backyard dropped a container then built two retaining walls in front and behind it out of railroad ties then built a platform above it to keep the dirt off the top plus had it away from the hillside so it was only touching the dirt on the bottom. There was a stealthy entrance in the outer retaining wall that just looked like part of the wall. Another thing u can do ,for guys worried about neighbors complaining ,is buy a motor home shelter big enough to cover the seacan completely. Can’t complain about that, well depending on your neighborhood I suppose

indonesia

indonesia

looks awesome. i manage a few tierIII producer lisences in WA state. we were 100% organic certified field grown last season. had no place to test a bunch of new strains. so we did a couple phenohunt test runs in a 40' container. We set it up with 4 4'x8' flood tables on top of pitched, plumbed benches. transported water over when needed.(pain in the ass...didnt have any irrigation set up) 9k watts DE. it stayed 74degreesF with a commercial hvac framed and installed lol best of luck brotherman

Gen3

Gen3

Anyone have any advice on anything I'm maybe overlooking or anything that looks wrong with the setup?

Gen3

Gen3

Ok so here is the latest update on the equipment list, a few things left to decide on still. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, opinions are highly appreciated negative or positive. Really looking to see if anyone has anything bad to say about any of this stuff before a lot of money gets spent on it.

lights:
-sun system ac/de fusion 8 inch air cooled fixture #906602
quantity: 8
-sun blaze T5 HO 48 - 4 ft 8 lamp - 240 volt #960384
quantity: 16
bulbs:
-growers choice 3K 1000W DE CMH #GC1000W3KRCMH
fans:
-8 inch max-fan pro series #340720
-10 inch max-fan 240 volt #340530
quantity: 2
-10 inch HO can fan #340055
quantity: 4
-hurricane pro high velocity oscillating metal wall mount fan 20in #736474
quantity: 16
filters/scrubbers:
-can filters can 125 #358705
-can filters 10" flange #504116
-can filters 10" intake filter #359106
-can filters 10 inch can fan collar #350304
dehumidifier:
-quest dual 225 pint overhead dehumidifier
-quest supply air duct collars for overhead dehumidifiers
quantity:2
-quest overhead hanging bracket
qauntity: 4
chiller:
-surna 2T chiller 27K BTU #1-24-01
quantity: 1
-surna ice box 8 inch
-flotec centrifugal pump 2hp
-surna coolcoil nutrient cooler
-surna reservoir 150 gallon
-surna resistat
-surna watergate solenoid valve
trays:
-botanicare od 3'x6' tray black #GTOD70X34X6B
-botanicare od 3'x3' tray black #GTOD34X34X6B
RO system:
- growonix EX200-KDF
controls:
-titan 2 tank co2 regulator #702717
-titan hyperion 1 wireless environmental controller #702620
-titan hyperion data transfer module #702878
-titan hercules 2 50 amp high amperage controller #702770
-titan apollo 2 cycle timer with photocell #702740
-titan 3p/120v 50a relay #310745
-titan hercules low voltage contact module #702764
-titan apollo 11 240 volt digital timer #734155
-titan apollo 7 one outlet digital timer #734112

Gen3

Gen3

Latest renders, cant do a full render with everything showing my computer cant take the abuse lol.

Green lights co2 watering system trays
Intake exhaust chiller dehu lights
Intake exhaust chiller dehu lights curtain
Power controls
Gen3

Gen3

What about cooling? Besides the chiller?? Air flow?, I’m an hvac contractor so I was wondering if the chiller is enough air flow. Fans will move static load but you still need to introduce cooling load to maintain flow and laminar air flow.
Or is the container going to be “bunker “ buried design? I been kicking around the same idea for a while. Rented a refer for drying this cycle. Buying 4 , perfect ac / humidity control with that.

Could you please explain what you mean by fans moving static load but still needing to introduce cooling load to maintain flow and laminar air flow. I'm just trying to understand so I can make sure its setup properly. Thank you.

Top Bottom