Shocking a plant into flowering

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

Is it possible to shock a plant into the flowering stage? i recently put a few plants on my roof, and after moving them to a new location on the roof it is now flowering after around 4 weeks of being planted. the problem im having is my roof is located in between two taller roofs. first i had the plants in the middle of the roof, then directly next to one wall and thats when it started to flower. I now have all my plants back in the middle of the roof. they are only getting direct light from around 10 am to 6 pm, because of these huge other roofs. All the other plants are doing awesome now though. What do you think caused this?
Thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Change in photoperiod. Did you start them indoors, say on an 18/6? That would explain it right there. The direct sun period seems plenty sufficient as it's easily 8 hours.

budboy299

budboy299

I ran a couple NL#5 in my old place outside. They got direct sun from 10am till 3:30pm, the rest of the time indirect light. They budded up starting in the beginning of Sept as normal for them.

Sea has got it....the switch in photoperiods has them a little confused. More than likely they will straighten out, but if not....still enjoy the buds!

gumby420

gumby420

awesome thanks a lot guys, pretty much what i thought but wanted to verify. keeping the girls where there at as i think they will be getting the most sufficient light there.

D

djonkoman

it can probably let them flower sooner/easier, I've heard that canadian outdoor growers ensure an earlier harvest by planting their plants in bags so they will get rootbound at the end of the season

Latest posts

Top Bottom