Should I add UVB Light?

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I think I'll wait and do some more testing I don't think Dennis would mind at all...
I assume Dennis is at solacure? If so and you are in contact with him mention we are publicly testing his bulbs on this thread and see if he wants to participate. He very well may be the guy that can give us the data we are missing. It'd be cool to talk to the manufacturer, sorta like a Reddit AMA

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well I figured it out. This is the guy with the side by side showing even the uvb in a 315 Phillips cmh bulb increases the thc.

sorry for the new rabbit hole. I need to go garden. Lights coming on now. There are results from the university of Utah somewhere out there still that show the spectrum breakdown of the Phillips cmh bulbs. Both 3100 and 4200k versions.

:-)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well I figured it out. This is the guy with the side by side showing even the uvb in a 315 Phillips cmh bulb increases the thc.

sorry for the new rabbit hole. I need to go garden. Lights coming on now. There are results from the university of Utah somewhere out there still that show the spectrum breakdown of the Phillips cmh bulbs. Both 3100 and 4200k versions.

:-)
Man that’s a long video. When I get to a keyboard I’ll check out his channel. Maybe he has the grow with parameters in another video. Nice find

Indiva710

Indiva710

I assume Dennis is at solacure? If so and you are in contact with him mention we are publicly testing his bulbs on this thread and see if he wants to participate. He very well may be the guy that can give us the data we are missing. It'd be cool to talk to the manufacturer, sorta like a Reddit AMA
Wonder if this would help any

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Man that’s a long video. When I get to a keyboard I’ll check out his channel. Maybe he has the grow with parameters in another video. Nice find

Yes there is a first video showing the grow. That is vid #2

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Starting to see signs of stress on the leaves on the UV side

Day 3 Water Change

Day 3 sample and Day 0 control

Day 3 Bud

Day 3 Control

Day 3 UV

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK growers, if you are following along, I'd love to hear some feedback.

Push the photoperiod to 1 hour for tomorrow?
After the water change, nutes?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
OK growers, if you are following along, I'd love to hear some feedback.

Push the photoperiod to 1 hour for tomorrow?
After the water change, nutes?
If it was me, i would give her a day off (cloudy or whatever) and then another day at the same level.

You want her to win! You got her attention. Let's see how she responds. Obviously she does not want damaged leaves as that ruins the capital she built up for her photosynthesis factory she needs to stay healthy enough to get pollinated to make precious precious seeeeeeds and keep them healthy enough to continue the line.

In my head.

If you are seeing stress already (and i agree), no way do you want to push it more.

That lamp is powerful af.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If it was me, i would give her a day off (cloudy or whatever) and then another day at the same level.

You want her to win! You got her attention. Let's see how she responds. Obviously she does not want damaged leaves as that ruins the capital she built up for her photosynthesis factory she needs to stay healthy enough to get pollinated to make precious precious seeeeeeds and keep them healthy enough to continue the line.

In my head.

If you are seeing stress already (and i agree), no way do you want to push it more.

That lamp is powerful af.
You are like a little genie sitting on my shoulder whispering "listen to the plants!"

I'm going to wait for others to respond, but I tend to agree letting her recover makes sense. I just don't understand how the instructions for these lamps are for 2 hours a day to start. Hmmmmpf

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You are like a little genie sitting on my shoulder whispering "listen to the plants!"

I'm going to wait for others to respond, but I tend to agree letting her recover makes sense. I just don't understand how the instructions for these lamps are for 2 hours a day to start. Hmmmmpf
To put it scientifically, the uvb hits the uvr8 and that accumulates something in the nucleus (i just wrote this down a bit back) and my point is, i think that accumulation has reached a sufficient level that we should see the corresponding uptick in the protein the UVB corresponds to the messenger rna for.

My guess is the plant cells attempt to reach an equilibrium w.r.t. that uvr8 accumulation in the nucleus at some acceptable level. Protection from the thc will lower that accumulation and so the plant cell will chill at that level. Accumulates again? Oh crap, more. Up to some local maximum dictated by genetics and the economy of resources.

If you push that too fast you get a weakened cell that just sucks at everything even if it wants the sunscreen.

This is my mental model. I'm also soaring high on haze so sorry if this makes no sense and obviously i know the science is loose w the terms but i can fix w the right terms and i think it still works the same in a basic mechanistic sense.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

No one is likely to beat that reasoning

looks like it’s gonna be cloudy tomorrow

any thoughts on nute replacement? At this point I typically start heading towards 0 PPM. After changing out 30gals I’m down to 140.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
No one is likely to beat that reasoning

looks like it’s gonna be cloudy tomorrow

any thoughts on nute replacement? At this point I typically start heading towards 0 PPM. After changing out 30gals I’m down to 140.
I would keep feeding her something until she shows she does not want it. That has not happened in my estimation.

Indiva710

Indiva710

Ya I agree take a day off and then maybe even do 45min the next day.. How many watts is the uv doing...

Indiva710

Indiva710

It depends on who you ask as some believe in flush and others don't.....

Top Bottom