Should i be worried ?

• Thread starter 78OzFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Straight promix is my jam, anytime you have questions dont hesitate to ask.
sweet man, thanks for that!i will take you up on that offer im sure haha. do you not add any perlite? have you tried any amendments before? do you feel there is no need ? and what nutrients do you run ? just drillin ya with the questions here sorry man haha

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

so my meter shows a number in ppm, and one is us/cm, the solution i measured was about 60 percent strength cause i added more water, and the ppm still came out at 730, and the us/cm said 1550

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

okay lol, so according to my slow research.. my meter is on the 500 scale haha.. the solution was at 1.6 mS/cm. which under the 500 scale is 800 PPM

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
sweet man, thanks for that!i will take you up on that offer im sure haha. do you not add any perlite? have you tried any amendments before? do you feel there is no need ? and what nutrients do you run ? just drillin ya with the questions here sorry man haha
I use Promix as well. I add about 20% co0mposted manure and some wood ashes, but not much else other than general 20-20-20 Jack's fertilizer every 12-15 days. I don't add any perlite as it drains well on it's own. Ive used it for decades and had great results, although there are variations that others use in regards to feeding and watering. There are as many variations as there are growers, so pick a process and make it yours!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I use promix HP (currently using proterra which is basically the same thing) with no extra perlite. I have and sometimes do amend it with worm castings and gaia green 4-4-4, but didnt this last run and I'm having even faster growth than usual for whatever that's worth. I for sure feel there is no need to amend it if you're feeding it a quality well balanced nutrient.

I run botanicare pure blend pro grow, at 1.2-1.3 ec, ph'd to 6.1-6.2 using potassium silicate. My starting water is 100ppm ph 7.2. I do feed feed water cycles and always water to 10% runoff, and only test the runoff ppm, not ph. During the "water only" cycle I bring my ppm up to 250 with calcium silicate or calcium carbonate on an alternating basis.

I'm also becoming a huge fan of using promix in squat fabric pots. Huge, huge fan. You should check out the more recent posts in my grow diary if you havent seen it. Getting wild growth in the fabric pots of promix.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

I will check it out for sure, and probably give them a try.. I debated getting the round 5 gal cloth ones.. but I will take your word ! Do you have a link to the product you used .? I am just in 7 gal plastic with good drainage . Have one in a 5 gal smart pot for a test as well...

Okay so I just ran about a gallon and a half of distilled water through the plant in question. And the runoff is around 1500 ppm :0. I'm worried.. she is already showing amber..will I be able to have it properly flushed before I am past my prime harvest window?? :(

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Ppm is getting lower as water flows out of pot.. down to 1300

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

I use Promix as well. I add about 20% co0mposted manure and some wood ashes, but not much else other than general 20-20-20 Jack's fertilizer every 12-15 days. I don't add any perlite as it drains well on it's own. Ive used it for decades and had great results, although there are variations that others use in regards to feeding and watering. There are as many variations as there are growers, so pick a process and make it yours!
Hey thanks for the reply man, I hear alot of people mention wood ashes, I will probably give it a try in my next run along with some ewc or compost. How do you like the jacks?? I hear about alot of people running it .. it sounds so simple.. I like the results I've had with the nutrients I used but It seems over priced and a pain in the ass to mix Haha.. I'd love a simpler more cost effective alternative..

Top Bottom