Should I follow the feeding guide for the brand of soil I'm using?

• Thread starter CarpeDiamonds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CarpeDiamonds

CarpeDiamonds

27 is about ideal and so is 50-65% humidity aboit 60% but your good.

Light is a bit weak i always like a dark period... during the calvin cycle plants move sugars and starches to the roots this attracts and feeds beneficial microbes. Not as important if using synthetic nutes but still imo beneficial. Try 20/4. I wouldn't worry too much over it but in 12/12 you will want much higher intensity. To make up for the lack of photoperiod.

Honestly 18/6 20/4 not gonna make or break ya man.
Alright I'll give 20/4 a go then and I'll keep an eye on the humidity see if goes over 65% again. Thanks for all the help man.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

got any photos of the plants? only been less than a week, but should see some changes/responses?

CarpeDiamonds

CarpeDiamonds

got any photos of the plants? only been less than a week, but should see some changes/responses?
I'll post some new photos soon. Two of the the plants seem to be doing good, no spread visible, the other two still seem effected. There's been a lot of growth and I 'm going to start running into some space problems soon. Was planning on keeping one male one female so I can get more seeds but I can't see any signs of pre-flowering gender yet.

CarpeDiamonds

CarpeDiamonds

@Kampbe1l
Here are some updated photos of my plants. Taken today the 21st.
20201121 193837   Copy
The photo below is J1 it is the tallest and also the most damaged.
20201121 193507   Copy
The photo below is No.2 It is the second most damaged
20201121 193605   Copy
The photo below is J2. This plant was damaged by dehydration recently. Its leaves where all drooping downward. I left it too long before watering.
20201121 193650   Copy

Below is a photo of the dehydration damage caused to the leaves.
20201121 193636   Copy

The photo below is K1. It's probably the healthiest. It has a bit of yellowing on the lower leaves very minimal though but I've also noticed mold on the soil.
20201121 193744   Copy

20201121 193736   Copy

Here is a photo of the green mold. Please let me know if you know how to treat this.
20201121 193954   Copy

I've learnt a couple things so far. K1 and No.2 I realized I packed the soil too densely when transplanting. This means that the soil takes a very long time to dry out and that when I water I get minimal runoff. How could I possibly address this? should I poke holes in the soil with a kebab skewer so it aerates more.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I would just replant. Real up the soil some for more drainage or add some per light type deal.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

when i repot, i spade the soil mix into the bigger pot to about the level of the bottom of the small pot (which is being repotted from) - then water the big pot. this settles/packs the soil into the bigger pot, then i place the repotted plant (out of its small pot) onto the moistened soil mix in the bigger pot & fill the edges with more soil mix. i lightly pack the soil when i surround the small repotted plants.

Real up - additives to soil mix. maybe more perlite.

Last edited:
CarpeDiamonds

CarpeDiamonds

when i repot, i spade the soil mix into the bigger pot to about the level of the bottom of the small pot (which is being repotted from) - then water the big pot. this settles/packs the soil into the bigger pot, then i place the repotted plant (out of its small pot) onto the moistened soil mix in the bigger pot & fill the edges with more soil mix. i lightly pack the soil when i surround the small repotted plants.

Real up - additives to soil mix. maybe more perlite.
Ah ok I getcha. Do you think I should remove the two more damaged plants from my grow space and transplant the two healthier plants into bigger homes? Just worried I'm going to get two males. Was thinking of waiting till they show some sign of gender. Not too sure what to do. I read somewhere about switching to flowering 12/12 for 3 days to check for gender and then returning to veg. Do you know anything about this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom