Should i harvest or wait couple days?

• Thread starter 757grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

757grower

Have a growers choice white widow in 3gal fabric pot. which says 8 to 9 week. I'm on week 11 and trichomes are looking cloudy and I see a few amber but not much. I been flushed last Friday 3gal and then today I did 4gal. Ppm is around 575.. should I get ready to harvest this wknd or so? Or should I wait longer. Any advice greatly appreciate. Or if need to post more information just let me kno.

20220524 210643
20220524 210655
20220524 182537
20220519 194035
20220519 194031
boo

boo

depending on the strain but the rule of thumb is wait for more than 60% amber trichs to get the most out of your flowers...hard to tell with what's offered up as info...

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

You should consider harvesting and quick drying a small bud to taste test. You might like the current ripeness. If you think it can improve with another week, go for it. Don’t rely solely on % amber trichs or seed type ripeness schedule.

757grower

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to growing and wana make sure do what right to get good smoke

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Let's have some closeups of the buds. If you can get close enough (and in focus) to see the trichomes, it would really help.

My thought is that it's time to harvest at least the upper buds. (Top 12-16 inches). It might not be yet - need more photos - as you may just be in the bud-fattening stage. Or the top buds may be slowly swelling while lower buds are still adding a lot of size.

But in any case you might cut one tall cola, dry it as well as you can (proper dry) and take a small part of a bud to test smoke it. (That part can be quick-dried).

If your trichomes are all clear, it's too early. If all amber, it's too late. (Your sugar leaves will also have turned brown probably). You generally have about a 2-week window for harvest, more if taking the top colas and then allowing the bottoms to grow for another couple of weeks.

Top Bottom