should I inform the cops of my grow

• Thread starter salsaduude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Because there is specific verbage in most leases. If you are medical that great, but finding a place that will waive the no drugs or smoking up front, not likely. Seriously, call up one of the nice chain apartment complexes and tell them your MMJ and if they will rent to you. They have the right to say no, AND they have the right to say they don't want that happening on their property, and they do have the right to say that and kick you out. Its just like getting a job. Apply for a job at some large Corp and tell them up front your MMJ and then flunk your drug test. They have the right to say, no thanks it against our policy. And they have the right to have that policy in place to say no employees that use Marijuana reguardless if they are legal or not. Now there is a movement to get that changed, but I am unaware of any movement to deprive property owners to right to descriminate against people based on drug use. Wether it is right or wrong is another question, but as I understand the law, that is how it stands. Please feel free to correct me if I am incorrect, it would not be the first time :)

T

the Rock

Never, EVER tell the cops about your grow even if you are a med grower and within your legal limits. Many cops do not look favorably on medical marijuana and do not follow medical marijuana law. Remember, having a medical recommendation can prevent you from being prosecuted, but it does not prevent the police from hacking down your plants, confiscating what ever the hell the please, and in general, fucking with you.

what he said= cops are rip offs

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

A lease is a legally binding contract on both your side and the property owner letting the space out, there are rules that prohibit landlords to immediatley terminate such a contract just like there are rules that prohibit tenants from doing so, as soon as a lease is signed. Issue #5 2009 in grow magazine (www.humboldtgrow.com) Has a very interesting article about this exact situation. Edward Forchion,a proprietor of liberty bell temple medical marijuana cooperative in LA was suddenly "evicted" when his landlord found out he was growing on premises. Knowing that the lease hadn't said anything restrictive about his 215 status and with no other options, Edward went to the police himself. Believe it or not the cops not only prosecuted the landlord for what is known as an "Illegal eviction" but also returned Edwards crop back to him unscathed! Now, I'm not saying this is an everyday occurrence (or it wouldn't have made print) but I am saying that its harder for the landlord to evict a tenant for being 215 compliant than just saying get the hell out. We just moved from our last apartment because there was a specific clause in the lease exempting 215 patients to either a) Consume marijuana on premises or B) Cultivate marijuana on premises. If guidelines are established and agreed to either verbally or on paper prior to the lease being signed then tenants must adhere to them. I personally think that most landlords will be moving to or modifying their current terms if they are blatantly opposed to the reality the prohibition is on the way out, they have a right to stipulate what they will and wont allow on their own property. But getting back to the original post.....(sorry got a little long winded) I wouldn't tell the cops a god damn thing! If not for safety then for principal (I don't send the station emails about how many squares of charmin it takes me to wipe my ass either, which is just as much there business as my garden is). Just the pennies in my pocket, stay safe and happy growing! -S0uP

F

Forest Queen

It is your 'free will' choice. I've been considering a 'Notice' in the newspaper, run it for a week. As a Secured Party and a Citizen for the sovereign union state, California, I (name with a small encircled c at the end) With All Rights and Liberties Reserved, intend to grow, process, market, sell, transport and use marijuana.

NO ONE can place Nature into the criminal realm. We have the govern(control) mente(mind) we deserve. Liberty is only attainable by claiming one's own Right.

Z

zoeronerer

Don't tell, have your ducks in a row so if something does happen you hand them a folder with your info, who your patients are (cards) if applicable, and your lawyers contact info. At a minimun have a Krogers Law phone # handy so if shit does go down, you can retain a lawyer asap.. The sooner you say, " I am a legal medical patient and other than that you need to communicate with me via my attourney", and stay silent. Even if you think its a harmless question.

ye dat :character0180:

4EVERGREEN

dont tell the police shit!!! make copys of your dr script and cover it in plastic and hang it by your plants, if they show up they will see that your medical on th espot

S

SkyHi

Because there is specific verbage in most leases. If you are medical that great, but finding a place that will waive the no drugs or smoking up front, not likely. Seriously, call up one of the nice chain apartment complexes and tell them your MMJ and if they will rent to you. They have the right to say no, AND they have the right to say they don't want that happening on their property, and they do have the right to say that and kick you out. Its just like getting a job. Apply for a job at some large Corp and tell them up front your MMJ and then flunk your drug test. They have the right to say, no thanks it against our policy. And they have the right to have that policy in place to say no employees that use Marijuana reguardless if they are legal or not. Now there is a movement to get that changed, but I am unaware of any movement to deprive property owners to right to descriminate against people based on drug use. Wether it is right or wrong is another question, but as I understand the law, that is how it stands. Please feel free to correct me if I am incorrect, it would not be the first time :)

Ok, some counties like santa cruz where there a lot of people growing i have seen them add nO GRowing or other specific sections to the lease....my lease only states no ilegal activity ...im not doing anything ilegal should they evict me theyll get sued ....

Illmind

Illmind

Tell me where it is is what you should do. Na I'm kdding don't even tell yourself.

T

theloadeddragon

most leases in California typically say "illicit drug manufacturing". If your medical, your drug is no longer illicit, voiding the clause in your situation.

Yeah don't tell cops. Be a Good neighbor, and they should be good neighbors back ;)

J

JuJu Farms

Is this thread some kind of joke.... NEVER EVER GO TO THE POLICE

U

ugmjfarmer

This is arguably the most controlled "police state" in the world. Wise up and SHUT UP. Breaking the silence is the wrong way to go about this.

S

swisscheese

Shhhhh let's not say crazy things like that. Plus the police will most likely harass you.

J

Jalisco Kid

Well I guess there is always someone going against the grain. I have twice gone to the city attorney/narc squad. The second time it saved my ass and got me a return of property order(54 lbs). My attorney pointed out I went to the DA. , city attorney, and police dept trying to find out their guideline. In each dept they told me their were no guidelines and in was a case by case basis. I live in cali so I guess you must consider your environment first. JK
Both times I encountered the police it had nothing to do with me going to City first.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

if the cops come in your door even if you have all your medi information dipped in 24 carrot gold with every patient written in bold and outlined in platinum they are still taking your plants and your shit and you will have to fight it back in court! Then is when you win and get your shit back! happen to a bunch of people i know! They usually dont fuck with warehouses though that have collectives I believe feds do random checks to make sure your within your limits though! I dont know!

666elsie

Yup! like most say shhhhhhhhhhh! silence is Golden...
fuck'em all in city hall

B

Buddy Hemphill

really?

fuck no. never talk to the cops. its bad for you.

fractal

fractal

Hi E1
thanks in advance
I tried to search this first,before I asked ,couldnt find anything
I've seen in a few articles that people have suggested going to the police and telling them youre growing, before they find out from a nosy neighbor or something . this way,they dont even bother to come find out if youre legal
I gotta tell ya,I'm from back east coast,and it goes against every fiber of my being to narc out yourself. What i want to know is, has anyone ever done this ? and how did it go ?
Thanks so much for any replies

You answered your own question man! Why would you ever take a chance like that ? Police are not exactly examples of brilliant thinking, they are reactionaries likely to chop first and ask questions later.

Hey Jalisco Kid that was YOUR pot from that case last year? What a small world it is, that case pretty much set the new standard in CA now which is no limits beside 99 plants right?

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Don't tell, have your ducks in a row so if something does happen you hand them a folder with your info, who your patients are (cards) if applicable, and your lawyers contact info. At a minimun have a Krogers Law phone # handy so if shit does go down, you can retain a lawyer asap.. The sooner you say, " I am a legal medical patient and other than that you need to communicate with me via my attourney", and stay silent. Even if you think its a harmless question.

So well put i couldnt have sed it better myself :)

Top Bottom