Should I move these into my room? Pics and info included

• Thread starter mpjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mpjm

hello all...here's the story.

So the room I've built in my garage is finished and I am planning on moving the plants on Monday. This is my first grow ever, and built a grow room in my garage for it...

The problem is: around 3-4 days ago just all of a sudden there are a ton of gnat like looking flying insects. I have put some hanging traps in and it's cut them down but they're still noticable.

I then noticed yesterday on the start of one plant the yellow dots on the leafs you see in the pictures below...and then this morning I looked and the diesel has the same marks on it...

So I got worried and now I'm wondering if I should take these into the room at all? should I just go get a couple clones, and start fresh while losing the last month and a half of vegging that has been done?

Or am I just paranoid about pests and this is possibly a nutrient defficiency? I've looked threw the two books I have for this and nothing has come up with the same looking pictures. I'm thinking this is the start of it and it is just getting started???

Help Farm!

Should i move these into my room  pics and info included
Should i move these into my room  pics and info included 2
Should i move these into my room  pics and info included 3
Should i move these into my room  pics and info included 4
Should i move these into my room  pics and info included 5
Should i move these into my room  pics and info included 6
Should i move these into my room  pics and info included 7
Should i move these into my room  pics and info included 8
CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Hi mpjm, sorry to break the news to you but it sounds like you have two pests. the flying insects sound like fungus gnats. The stickies are better for monitoring then getting rid of them. Gnatrol (Bt) will wipe them out.

The speckling on the leaves are from spider mites. I can see a little web even in the close up. if you flip the leaves over I bet you'll see those messy bastards. They are a real pain to get rid of but pretty common and your new clones might have them also. If your willing to spray every few days you can control them. Since your plants are in veg. you can heal them up and then bomb/clean the room and flip into flower.

A

amstercal

Don't even need to turn them over. Mostly the mites like to hang out on the cooler undersides of the leaves, but they are brazen in your garden. I zoomed in on a pic where you can see them--looks like dust or something. Definitely get rid of them before you move the plants. Mites can be really difficult to destroy. When you think they're gone, wait 3 days or so and check again. Then, maybe, they might be gone and you can move them.

Picture 4
A

amstercal

And there are about 100 threads with how to kill spider mites. I'd normally recommend Safers or another insecticidal soap, but you can see 9 mites on the far right leaf of the first pic alone, so you should go heavy and quickly. What are they in? Maybe dip them in azamax? Then alternate with something else every 3 days for a week. Persistence will pay off. Or dump them, P-bomb everything and start with fresh clones. If you're getting them from a dispensary though, chances are they will come with their own mites. Good luck!!

C

Cannibis Cajun

the gnats are eating the roots

use the azamax drench treatment in conjunction with the spray application before you turn them over. make sure to take your time and hit both sides of the leaves. keep it cool and dry in your room. also invest in ladybugs and dont forget a moist sponge for them to drink from. this will take care of both problems. do not introduce them into your flowering room until you are 100% sure you are mite and gnat free. once this is confirmed re-enoculate with micr- beasties as the gnats have been eating the roots. wait a week and turn over only if there are no mites. otherwise i would just start from new seeds in a steril room. its just not worth the trouble if you do not take ALL of the steps.

M

mpjm

Thanks all...this is a sad day for me...I'm not risking putting an infestation in my room...I'm just going gunna have to throw them away (they have to be moved into the room monday) so I guess starting from seed is the way to go? I can go get clones from the dispensary (these are from a friend) but by the sound of it they would probably have mites also?

Looks like my 1st grow is on hold until I get some seeds which I'm thinking is going to be hard since dispensary in my state don't have them...

M

mpjm

One question for everyone...is there something I can do to stop this from happening again? Or are pests just something that goes with the territory?

O

Old HAGgler

not every dispensary has mites dude.... just LOOK at your shit and interrogate before you purchase.

you could go from seed, but that would take a hell of a lot longer than just grabbing a couple GOOD clones from a dispensary. there are tons, and verified good ones, just check on this board in the area you live in.

A

amstercal

Even if it does have mites, there are solutions. I can't say whether you want to keep your current ones, as that would depend on how much plant damage there already is. Also, the heavier the infestation, the harder to rid yourself of it, and yours is serious. If you're gonna toss, P-bomb the heck out of the current area and use that as a quarantine for your room. Then dip any clones before you bring them in and monitor for a week before moving them in. Thorough checking and spraying with alternating products every 3 days for a week or two can usually kick the problem. Be sure you don't see any mites for at least 5 consecutive days before you feel at all confident in moving them in.

T

TheDrizzle

I alternate Monterey garden insect spray and Azatrol. I have seen great results with the monterey and it's a HELL of a lot cheaper than the azatrol. Check it out if you haven't.
It's available at most garden supply shops. It's organic and food grade. The active ingredient is spinosad, which I had read about a couple years ago, and bugs don't like it!
$20 as opposed to $75, I think I will thank you. Hope you drown those pesky fuckers!

Top Bottom