• Thread starter 420ReBeLGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

First dwc attempt
Igloo cooler
Rapid rooters with hydroton

Both of the plants are getting the same nutes but one of them looked to start to get calcium deficiency from brown spots but I took care of that and it looked to have started to bounce back.. but not anymore.

I'm at start of week 5 and wondering if I should just toss them both and try again or throw the one out and try to see if it will grow on the other's nite cycle. (The woes of one cooler with multiple plants!!!)

Should i start over completely 4
Should i start over completely
Should i start over completely 2
Should i start over completely 3

Thoughts?

Odiesel

Odiesel

In my little experience growing DWC i would recommend trying to have separate reservoirs for the 2 plants. It will help if stop problems from spreading to one another.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Yep, totally understand it now. I had just seen so many people try it this way. But, prob best to have a separate container for each.

But for now, just trying to decide what to do with the failing plant. Should I just pull the wilting one and put in a new rapid rooters and start over? Or is it to late at this point since they would be almost 4 weeks apart?

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Looks like the the one plant is thriving using your method...why not just veg her out till she's as big as both those plants where gonna be? Instead of two medium sized plants just grow one large plant.
I might just do that, but these are autos so no extending the veg cycle. But, I think I will just go ahead and pull the one bad one and keep the other.

I may just throw a new rapid rooters and seed in there just for shits and giggles to see how it would turn out haha.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I might just do that, but these are autos so no extending the veg cycle. But, I think I will just go ahead and pull the one bad one and keep the other.

I may just throw a new rapid rooters and seed in there just for shits and giggles to see how it would turn out haha.
My bad, I didn't realize they where autos...I'm a complete novice when it comes to autoflower.

RR1

RR1

My bad, I didn't realize they where autos...I'm a complete novice when it comes to autoflower.
One thing about autos to remember is that some of them absolutely don't like much in the way of nutes. My buddy loves them now, but he had a hellava time getting used to feeding them. He killed a few beforw he got it right. And he is a great, old, grower.
Good luck,
RR1

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

One thing about autos to remember is that some of them absolutely don't like much in the way of nutes. My buddy loves them now, but he had a hellava time getting used to feeding them. He killed a few beforw he got it right. And he is a great, old, grower.
Good luck,
RR1
I see here and everywhere else autos are the new it. I'm still old school and probably stuck in my ways. This is my first grow of hundreds using feminized seeds... even they are hard for me to get used to. Im so used to weeding out the males to start the hunt. No more I guess...well more because I have 5 Mendo Cookies freebies (Regular) that I just put in the paper towel. Like I said stuck in my ways.

RR1

RR1

I see here and everywhere else autos are the new it. I'm still old school and probably stuck in my ways. This is my first grow of hundreds using feminized seeds... even they are hard for me to get used to. Im so used to weeding out the males to start the hunt. No more I guess...well more because I have 5 Mendo Cookies freebies (Regular) that I just put in the paper towel. Like I said stuck in my ways.
I have grown to love fems. I don't use as much space as I used to, and they make it so much easier. Can get almost any strain in fem now. And some really kickass ones. Really like Bomb Genetics.
RR1

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I have grown to love fems. I don't use as much space as I used to, and they make it so much easier. Can get almost any strain in fem now. And some really kickass ones. Really like Bomb Genetics.
RR1
Yeah I've seen in a few of your post that you mentioned THC Bomb. I'm actually just starting a couple of those beans. VERY vigorous so far. Today is just day 12 from germ. Both seeds popped in less than 16 hours and just took off. Faster than all the other strains I started at the same time. Do you grow the bomb? Or have you? Any tips? Most important...howz it smoke?

RR1

RR1

Yeah I've seen in a few of your post that you mentioned THC Bomb. I'm actually just starting a couple of those beans. VERY vigorous so far. Today is just day 12 from germ. Both seeds popped in less than 16 hours and just took off. Faster than all the other strains I started at the same time. Do you grow the bomb? Or have you? Any tips? Most important...howz it smoke?
I grew the fem version, but was impressed. Plants are high yield, and strong smoke. Plants grow easy, smoke good. I found a jar a year later that I forgot about, and it was sweet smoke. But not for the occasional smoker. I had a friend over that smokes infrequently and we used the volcano, and it flat out fucked him up.
Am growing GG#4 right now, but ordered Cluster Bomb, and Kush Bomb for next two grows. I vegged a little long for a tent and had to bend a few. I vegged in hydro 4 weeks, should've done no more than 3 or so, 8-9 flower. I'd grow it again. It was a strain even less experienced should be able to grow.
RR1

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I grew the fem version, but was impressed. Plants are high yield, and strong smoke. Plants grow easy, smoke good. I found a jar a year later that I forgot about, and it was sweet smoke. But not for the occasional smoker. I had a friend over that smokes infrequently and we used the volcano, and it flat out fucked him up.
Am growing GG#4 right now, but ordered Cluster Bomb, and Kush Bomb for next two grows. I vegged a little long for a tent and had to bend a few. I vegged in hydro 4 weeks, should've done no more than 3 or so, 8-9 flower. I'd grow it again. It was a strain even less experienced should be able to grow.
RR1

Wow! I don't wanna jack dudes thread, but thank you for the info. Strong cannabis makes me happy! I've got two THC bomb and two Made of Honor (Twenty20 Mendocino Seeds)

Gonna veg them for 2 weeks under a T5 then 2-4 weeks under my new BP3000. 5 gallon pots...pro mix hp...fox farm nutes...pretty simple. 4 big plants in the 4x4 flower area. Using the SF4000 for flower. I have no idea what to expect, as I have never used an LED light. At this point its all a gamble I guess. I'm probably gonna do a grow log. Again, Thank you for your post!

OK 420 I'll leave your thread alone.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Good luck,
RR1
I did not know this! I will def take that into consideration for my next try. I'm going to just grab the wilting plant and toss it. I';ve given it a week to recover and it just doesn't look like its wanting to. But, now hopefully my grower will start growing even faster. Fingers are crossed over here.
OK 420 I'll leave your thread alone.
All good friend! I myself didn't know about the Bomb strain and may look into it now.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Just wanted to post a little update.... Seems that pulling the wilting one has helped the growing one. She's been getting WAY too bushy (and I can't cut her since she's an auto and will take longer and hurt yeilds) but that's a good thing right??

But, I'm noticing some odd yellow spots on some of the leaves. Didn't find anything under the leaves so don't know. Hope someone can help...

Day : 51 since Germ
rH: 60-70%
Temp: 67night - 76F day
Water temps: about 68- 70F with hudroguard
Ph: 5.5-6.5
Ec: 600s

Pixlr 20201117201628570

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Any ideas guys? I read it says that it's due to a mold or something but the plant looks super healthy.

I have a lot of good air circulation and keep it about 77F and 60-70RH. So, it shouldn't be mold.

The roots looks amazing as well, so just trying to understand the reason behind it and how to combat/fix.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Just wanted to post a little update.... Seems that pulling the wilting one has helped the growing one. She's been getting WAY too bushy (and I can't cut her since she's an auto and will take longer and hurt yeilds) but that's a good thing right??

But, I'm noticing some odd yellow spots on some of the leaves. Didn't find anything under the leaves so don't know. Hope someone can help...

Day : 51 since Germ
rH: 60-70%
Temp: 67night - 76F day
Water temps: about 68- 70F with hudroguard
Ph: 5.5-6.5
Ec: 600s

View attachment 1057276

That last photo looks great, to me. Wish I could find a strain like that, as my tiny grow tent is only 2x2x4 feet and I run out of Headroom very easily. With 51 days invested, I'd leave her alone and see what she does now. I've been a victim of "Too Much Medical Care" myself, in the past lol. Looks like she's just beginning to flower (form Calyxes).

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

You sir are correct. She's just starting to take on a nice smell and is slurping up water like crazy (had to refill and ph balance today almost 2 gallons).

She's an Autoflower

Strain GHB [GreenHeadband] (my guy says its Devils' Headband on Chemdog)

Will update shortly with more photos in a week or so. She should start bursting up cause I want her to grow out (don't want super dense growth since I am a little worried about mold.)

sambapati

sambapati

Coffee filters are the 'new' normal....I use the brown ones which I learned from FRANKSTER....so many methods and tried and true 'classic' ones that work for you...Change is optional if you like the results on hand.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
In my little experience growing DWC i would recommend trying to have separate reservoirs for the 2 plants. It will help if stop problems from spreading to one another.

There are pros and cons to both. I happen to run two 40 gallon rez each with two plants. While it is true that you can treat them as individuals, you have much more time and lattitude in making adjustments and mistakes. Make a mistake measuring your nutes in a 5 gallon bucket will cause damage a lot faster than in a 40 gallon rez. I you lose one air stone, you don't lose the plant. You water temps, alk and ph are much, much easier to maintain because of the shear volume of water. As a beginner i appreciated the slack (i made, and still make a shit-load of mistakes), and over time just figured out how to work with it. Yes it takes more nutes on setup, but after that you are still add nutes to your top-off water. I try and make sure the two plants are at least the same species. Even that does not assure you that the plants will be the same or even grow the same way (unless they are clones of course).

Your plants look fine. Even if one falters it is worth the education value to try and nurse it to harvest (even if you never smoke it).

To each his own, if it works for you; go for it! Ask lots of questions and we here at The Farm will try to help you make it happen!! 🍻 😎

Happy Growing 🥂🍻

sambapati

sambapati

There are pros and cons to both. I happen to run two 40 gallon rez each with two plants. While it is true that you can treat them as individuals, you have much more time and lattitude in making adjustments and mistakes. Make a mistake measuring your nutes in a 5 gallon bucket will cause damage a lot faster than in a 40 gallon rez. I you lose one air stone, you don't lose the plant. You water temps, alk and ph are much, much easier to maintain because of the shear volume of water. As a beginner i appreciated the slack (i made, and still make a shit-load of mistakes), and over time just figured out how to work with it. Yes it takes more nutes on setup, but after that you are still add nutes to your top-off water. I try and make sure the two plants are at least the same species. Even that does not assure you that the plants will be the same or even grow the same way (unless they are clones of course).

Your plants look fine. Even if one falters it is worth the education value to try and nurse it to harvest (even if you never smoke it).

To each his own, if it works for you; go for it! Ask lots of questions and we here at The Farm will try to help you make it happen!! 🍻 😎

Happy Growing 🥂🍻
Fantastic answer AnselAdams....

Latest posts

Top Bottom