Should I start over completely?

• Thread starter 420ReBeLGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Different strokes, for different folks. I trim to the stalk or main branch. 😎
I figure I will just wing it and focus on light penetration and airflow :-) From what everyone is saying, I am hopeful that i won't shock the hell out of her... HOPEFUL!

Thanks again for all the help

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I figure I will just wing it and focus on light penetration and airflow :-) From what everyone is saying, I am hopeful that i won't shock the hell out of her... HOPEFUL!

Thanks again for all the help

original url ==> What are Popcorn Buds?

And now; for the rest of the story . . .

What Are Popcorn Buds?
Popcorn Buds Do Not Have Proper Access To Light

Popcorn buds are essentially small, light, spacious flowers that do not have a chance to fully develop. Normally, they are found low down on a plant under the canopy where light does not penetrate. This tends to be because these low bud sites are blocked by fan leaves or other branches. By harvest day, the lower areas of a cannabis plant can be full of popcorn buds that are of a much lesser quality and size than the main buds.

Cannabis plants prioritize the top buds because they have easy access to the light above them. The plant focuses its energy on its highest flower through a hormone called auxin, which is what gives it an apical structure. The plant's multiple colas reach up towards the sky, ultimately shading the lower areas of the plant also trying to grow. Removing popcorn buds can help to direct more of the plant's energy to the larger flowers, resulting in larger yields overall.

The Causes Of Popcorn Buds
Popcorn buds appear mostly due to being in the shade. Other than a lack of light, popcorn buds can also develop because of high temperatures. When loose flowers like this grow, plants are potentially overheating and perspiring at a faster rate. Air flows more easily around the plant when buds are not as dense, allowing it to stay cooler.
. . .

Good Day! 🍻

original url ==> What are Popcorn Buds?

Last edited:
420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Just wanted to share an update. I went ahead and did some trimming... Well... A lot of trimming cause this plant was crazy.

I basically cut a bunch off over the course of 6 days, cutting and then waiting a day to rebound. She is done being cut up and wanted to share the pics...

IMG 20201128 182827533
IMG 20201128 182806028 HDR
IMG 20201128 182753790 HDR

Badchoice

Badchoice

Wait... um in the one pic I see a ice bottle “”chiller didn’t you get hydro guard?

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Yes, I use hydroguard but I also try to keep the water cool. Its just another step to help keep things safe (at least, that's what I was told to do)

Badchoice

Badchoice

Yes, I use hydroguard but I also try to keep the water cool. Its just another step to help keep things safe (at least, that's what I was told to do)
It is if your res will get real hot but I’ve let mine run 74 75 with no problem you’ll actually see the plant want to eat and drink more and with hydro guard and no light leaks you ain’t gonna worry about growth. If anything I’d say if your that worried about heat make some PH ice cubes and toss them in when needed.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

so, I did a reschange 3 days ago with all new water and nutes and such, and within 3 days it has drunk 2.5 gallons of water! Refilled with nutes and such today with the 2.5 gallons. Just amazed at how quickly it went through the water.

I believe the rule of thumb is once you have refilled more than 3 Gallons, you should dump it all and start fresh with a new 5 gallon batch yes? I've yet to go past 3 gallons,. but i have a feeling that during flowering this guy is going to drink a TON of water.

Badchoice

Badchoice

so, I did a reschange 3 days ago with all new water and nutes and such, and within 3 days it has drunk 2.5 gallons of water! Refilled with nutes and such today with the 2.5 gallons. Just amazed at how quickly it went through the water.

I believe the rule of thumb is once you have refilled more than 3 Gallons, you should dump it all and start fresh with a new 5 gallon batch yes? I've yet to go past 3 gallons,. but i have a feeling that during flowering this guy is going to drink a TON of water.
Actually once the change is done and your ph is static or falling your ec is falling and water level falling that’s perfect conditions so at that point just top off with fresh ph water till you hit the 7 days for the next feed schedule. You don’t wanna go putting too much extra nutes in water and causing sock issues

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Crap, I have always added back the nutes with each refilling of my res. I always thought you wanted to refill nutes when you replaced water to keep them going.

I need to re read my notes haha

Badchoice

Badchoice

Crap, I have always added back the nutes with each refilling of my res. I always thought you wanted to refill nutes when you replaced water to keep them going.

Nah always top off with fresh ph water, if the plant if super hungry and eating like crazy maybe a extra gallon on standby on nutes might not hurt but in a 7 day span I doubt your plant will consume all PPM so it’s just water but I could be wrong it wouldn’t be the first lol

sambapati

sambapati

I'm proud to be a Rebel 'cause the south's going to do it again. Did you say you are going to re read your nutes or sing your notes. Either one is OK by me.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

Are you changing out the entire 35/40 gallon rez each week?

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

My RES is only 48Quarts and I fill her up with about 8 gallons each RESCHANGE.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

But, yes, I do change out the entire RES after 7 days. I'll be sure to only use pH'd water until the 7 day mark. It explains a lot of why my leaves are looking like they do right now.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Welp, a little worried now cause my babies may have gone back into Vegging. Is that possible being an auto flower?

After all the cuts over 6 days, it just doesn't seem like she wants to flower now. She was getting ready too, but I may have cut to much and caused her to stall or something.

I'm on day 62 now with no flowering :-(

Latest posts

Top Bottom