• 🎅 Christmas Sale - 25% Off All Seeds 🎄
    Use Coupon Code At Checkout: XMAS25

Should I top these ???

canuk seeds - Cinderella 99 FAST
These are a few weeks old. I’ve never topped before. Are these too big to top ? Should I have done that sooner ? Might just let them do their thing. They look pretty healthy so far. I think haha
Are these autos?

I have never run them full blast during VEG. Does it make that much of a difference if I turn them on ??
Are your outside lights the 1200W aglex lights? That’s what they look like to me and is what I run. In full they only run about 230W, so with only the cobs on each light is only pushing 100W.

I run a 2000W in a 3x3 and 4200W in a 4x4. Wouldn’t hurt to have more wattage on them

Are your outside lights the 1200W aglex lights? That’s what they look like to me and is what I run. In full they only run about 230W, so with only the cobs on each light is only pushing 100W.

I run a 2000W in a 3x3 and 4200W in a 4x4. Wouldn’t hurt to have more wattage on them
Yes they are the aglex 1200 w. I had good success on the last grow when I used them. Didn’t run them full blast though. If it’s not going to hurt them then I might crank em full blast.

Thanks man. Was thinking about doing 1 or 2 and see what happens. To be honest I’m a little scared to top em hahaha
Nothing to be scared of. Top before lights out and by lights on you won't even know you did. They will droop for a little right after.

If you are going to top then top all or none. The point is not only to break apical dominance but also keep an even canopy for good even light distribution. For indoor this is important.

These are a few weeks old. I’ve never topped before. Are these too big to top ? Should I have done that sooner ? Might just let them do their thing. They look pretty healthy so far. I think haha
Looking good! Normally when the growth has reached the fifth node I top them above the third node, good luck!

Hey guys. So just throwing down a little update here. Here are a couple pics of the results from the FIM. Used the FIM technique instead of topping. Some defoliation was just recently done. Also bent some branch’s down for a more even canopy. What do you guys think ?

I’m in a mood to share some knowledge so I’m gonna get all geeky on you fellow growers. Those plants are expressing strong apical dominance, you can tell by the poor side branching. The apical meristem has a hormone called auxin that sends signals to the rest of the plant to suppress side branch growth so all its energy goes into growing the tallest. So in order to break the apical dominance, you top the plant by removing the apical meristem. By topping or pinching, you remove the apical meristem which the hormone (auxin) is produced in, therefore, releasing the side branches from “dormancy.” So yes, I would top those :)

I’m in a mood to share some knowledge so I’m gonna get all geeky on you fellow growers. Those plants are expressing strong apical dominance, you can tell by the poor side branching. The apical meristem has a hormone called auxin that sends signals to the rest of the plant to suppress side branch growth so all its energy goes into growing the tallest. So in order to break the apical dominance, you top the plant by removing the apical meristem. By topping or pinching, you remove the apical meristem which the hormone (auxin) is produced in, therefore, releasing the side branches from “dormancy.” So yes, I would top those :)
Good explanation!

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out