Should I top these ???

• Thread starter Steve705
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

canuk seeds - Cinderella 99 FAST
These are a few weeks old. I’ve never topped before. Are these too big to top ? Should I have done that sooner ? Might just let them do their thing. They look pretty healthy so far. I think haha
Are these autos?

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I have never run them full blast during VEG. Does it make that much of a difference if I turn them on ??

Are your outside lights the 1200W aglex lights? That’s what they look like to me and is what I run. In full they only run about 230W, so with only the cobs on each light is only pushing 100W.

I run a 2000W in a 3x3 and 4200W in a 4x4. Wouldn’t hurt to have more wattage on them

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

I would top three and see how the growth compares. Either way, looking great so far. Look forward to updates.

Steve705

Steve705

Are your outside lights the 1200W aglex lights? That’s what they look like to me and is what I run. In full they only run about 230W, so with only the cobs on each light is only pushing 100W.

I run a 2000W in a 3x3 and 4200W in a 4x4. Wouldn’t hurt to have more wattage on them
Yes they are the aglex 1200 w. I had good success on the last grow when I used them. Didn’t run them full blast though. If it’s not going to hurt them then I might crank em full blast.

Steve705

Steve705

I would top three and see how the growth compares. Either way, looking great so far. Look forward to updates.
Thanks man. Was thinking about doing 1 or 2 and see what happens. To be honest I’m a little scared to top em hahaha

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks man. Was thinking about doing 1 or 2 and see what happens. To be honest I’m a little scared to top em hahaha
Nothing to be scared of. Top before lights out and by lights on you won't even know you did. They will droop for a little right after.

If you are going to top then top all or none. The point is not only to break apical dominance but also keep an even canopy for good even light distribution. For indoor this is important.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

These are a few weeks old. I’ve never topped before. Are these too big to top ? Should I have done that sooner ? Might just let them do their thing. They look pretty healthy so far. I think haha
Looking good! Normally when the growth has reached the fifth node I top them above the third node, good luck!

Steve705

Steve705

Hey guys. So just throwing down a little update here. Here are a couple pics of the results from the FIM. Used the FIM technique instead of topping. Some defoliation was just recently done. Also bent some branch’s down for a more even canopy. What do you guys think ?

F4872624 4405 410C 84D6 89F8FA1754D6
E8CCDD0B 34C0 40D5 AE01 0D52380E64F9
450C9AA1 67EF 403A 8759 87ABEA16E0D9
E2952E07 80D8 4645 944E 2A631C573B57
Seraphine

Seraphine

I’m in a mood to share some knowledge so I’m gonna get all geeky on you fellow growers. Those plants are expressing strong apical dominance, you can tell by the poor side branching. The apical meristem has a hormone called auxin that sends signals to the rest of the plant to suppress side branch growth so all its energy goes into growing the tallest. So in order to break the apical dominance, you top the plant by removing the apical meristem. By topping or pinching, you remove the apical meristem which the hormone (auxin) is produced in, therefore, releasing the side branches from “dormancy.” So yes, I would top those :)

Deke

Deke

I’m in a mood to share some knowledge so I’m gonna get all geeky on you fellow growers. Those plants are expressing strong apical dominance, you can tell by the poor side branching. The apical meristem has a hormone called auxin that sends signals to the rest of the plant to suppress side branch growth so all its energy goes into growing the tallest. So in order to break the apical dominance, you top the plant by removing the apical meristem. By topping or pinching, you remove the apical meristem which the hormone (auxin) is produced in, therefore, releasing the side branches from “dormancy.” So yes, I would top those :)
Good explanation!

Top Bottom