Should I Transfer Them? (1st Grow)

• Thread starter FelixTheCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Let it build roots in that... Ditch the 2 and go to 7
Another option and something i've done a lot in the past is to let the plants grow out in smaller pots (i like square ones). If you notice after a while the roots really spinning around in the bottom, slice a 1/2" or so off the bottom and do the same for the sides. If all else is in check, this really doesnt stress your plants out much. At least that's been my experience. The benefit is that it creates a more robust root ball. Again, this is my experience and has worked for me. There's many ways to grow. Use whatever works for you! Try different things. Cannabis is a pretty fucking hearty plant.
thanks a lot! well my plan was to have them in 2 galon before 7 so I can keep at a good amont in there for a longer time so I can hopefully tell what's female in order to pick 4 to keep until flower

jguit

jguit

Supporter
That said, You can go quite a way in small containers before you'd have to prune the roots. Your plants will let you know for sure. Just saying the option is there. Dont go chopping your roots if you dont need to! I can't really see what size your pots are but you should definitely be able sex them in that size. I'd typically prune roots of my mother plants to keep them in smaller containers. It should be obvious but i would never recommend pruning roots in flower. lol

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

That said, You can go quite a way in small containers before you'd have to prune the roots. Your plants will let you know for sure. Just saying the option is there. Dont go chopping your roots if you dont need to! I can't really see what size your pots are but you should definitely be able sex them in that size. I'd typically prune roots of my mother plants to keep them in smaller containers. It should be obvious but i would never recommend pruning roots in flower. lol
pruning roots? i've havent heard of that yet lol
i was just planning on transferring them to 2gallon than 7. they're like in small plastic pots right now, they're smaller than red cups

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

they are 3 weeks old today
his morning some plant were completely drooped. Im sure its fro being thirsty as it happened before and after I watered they cane back to normal. I was just wondering if this cause stress tho?

IMG 2432
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
they are 3 weeks old today
his morning some plant were completely drooped. Im sure its fro being thirsty as it happened before and after I watered they cane back to normal. I was just wondering if this cause stress tho?
I like to stress my plants

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

I like to stress my plants
how come?
makes me feel better lol
im just worried bc they are bagseeds and I read somewhere that stress can push them to be turn male. not sure how accurate this is tho

Toaster79

Toaster79

20180205 205841

20180205 210421

This is when I usually transplant. About 6-8 weeks in that little pot. They just about started telling me they're hungry so instead of feeding them they got new shoes. I could keep them much longer in those little post but would need to start feeding them..

dan1989

dan1989

Next time cut the bottom of those pots off and tape them back in place before you fill with soil. Once you're ready to transplant, pull the tape off and bury the whole pot. Then you don't have to worry about the soil crumbling or disturbing the roots. Only my opinion, worked for me.

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Next time cut the bottom of those pots off and tape them back in place before you fill with soil. Once you're ready to transplant, pull the tape off and bury the whole pot. Then you don't have to worry about the soil crumbling or disturbing the roots. Only my opinion, worked for me.
smart

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

So Ive been noticing some yellowing on the bottom leaves. I thought they were jsut not getting light on it but apparently its a nute def.
Should I transfer them or add nute?

IMG 2459
IMG 2460
IMG 2461
IMG 2462
M

Mikerobiolik

They are 2 weeks old today (since the day they popped out of the soil). I've been feeding ph controlled water only. They Have been under 24h of light (except for the last 3 days I switched to 20/4.

My question is: should I transfer them to their final pot with new soil? I don't see any roots coming out in the bottom, but don't want to wait until they're root bound

here's a pic (any other feedback is also welcomed!)
ps: they're just bag seeds. not auto

:smoking:

M

Mikerobiolik

should I transfer them now? 19 days
i still dont see rots coming out in the bottom

:smoking:
When you transplant use inoculants if possible. Mycorrhiza/ put a little dirt in bottom of pot sprinkle some granulated mycorrhizae place plant roots water a little cover rest of the way with dirt . This will help with root development and give your plant a good head start. Soil microbiology is so important esprit roots don’t skimp your babies of a strong childhood

M

Mikerobiolik

When you transplant use inoculants if possible. Mycorrhiza/ put a little dirt in bottom of pot sprinkle some granulated mycorrhizae place plant roots water a little cover rest of the way with dirt . This will help with root development and give your plant a good head start. Soil microbiology is so important esprit roots don’t skimp your babies of a strong childhood . Ps they look healthy.

Top Bottom