Show Off Your Diy's!

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm not in my flower area to take a pit. It's a 6" duct, taped to my 8" intake fan. I don't run a fully sealed room. I do of sorts. Har to explain. I use a big semi sealed room, with a built flower room with intake /exhaust. And run c02. I use 1 bottle a week at 1000ppm. Don't care if I lose a bit. Yields pay off in the end. I just tape the ac duct to the top of the fan. Like putting a 6" tube I to an 8" tube. I've had it set up this way for 4+ yrs with great results with and w/o co2. I'm upgrading to a Mini-split.

DO NOT BUY ACTIVE air dual hose 14 ac. Pile of garbage. Couldn't get a 3x600 room below 80* ambient. I rock an LG 14k and it works perfect. Even got room to 70* with 3x600 ac hoods.
got me looking at this one,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DVW6FXO/ref=twister_B01E2SEPG0?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

or this one for my house, and my grow room.. I think it will control 2 different areas...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D8YIQZ...lid=3G9MNH2I9V1FZ&coliid=I3SPEHTJTEQ9T3&psc=1

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

HD is still out of the 24k Mini-split

Bishes need to hurry up. Time a ticking.
Is that one a dual zone system? Have you ever hooked one of these up? I just went and checked installation info and it is a little work esp if you dont got gauges... We got gauges at work, and im licensed in this state to remove/add/store freon, but ive only worked with r134a and r11... There is no way i can have somebody come to my house and do this so i have to do this install myself!
Whats the link on that hd 24k?
How much you know about minispits? or did you just compute the area you needed to cool and just choose one?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

HD is still out of the 24k Mini-split

Bishes need to hurry up. Time a ticking.
https://www.comfortup.com/gree-mult...6Gmr76qrkRExZjXZWb4ulJmhnzfKrh-1JAaAnFA8P8HAQ

Gree multi24bvir202 article 1453714347379 en normal

I like it and it has 2 inside units so that i should be able to put one in my grow room and the other one in my living room and be able to control each of then separately.. I like bsing with you because you have walked this path before me and i get to piggyback off your knowledge you have gained.. Nothing worse than buying something to find out its junk or under powered... So u save me money.. Im not one of them that invested 1500 to have my buds all scraggly due to heat damage... I might make this thing my yearly expense towards the hjouse and write it off on my taxes,,,,
As business expenses lmao!!
hahaha
fuck em!

P

PharmHand

Is that one a dual zone system? Have you ever hooked one of these up? I just went and checked installation info and it is a little work esp if you dont got gauges... We got gauges at work, and im licensed in this state to remove/add/store freon, but ive only worked with r134a and r11... There is no way i can have somebody come to my house and do this so i have to do this install myself!
Whats the link on that hd 24k?
How much you know about minispits? or did you just compute the area you needed to cool and just choose one?
They still use freon in acs? Shits been banned in Canada for years. R134a only

P

PharmHand

I've found the portable acs don't cool what what they should. A one ton or 12000btu *should* be able to do up to 3k HPS. I've got a portable one and it won't even cool 2k in summer. Mr Slim makes a good decent priced mini split. My friend recently got a goodman mini really cheap seems to be working well so far, we'll see tho when summer comes. I got a Samsung works well but way overpriced

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've found the portable acs don't cool what what they should. A one ton or 12000btu *should* be able to do up to 3k HPS. I've got a portable one and it won't even cool 2k in summer. Mr Slim makes a good decent priced mini split. My friend recently got a goodman mini really cheap seems to be working well so far, we'll see tho when summer comes. I got a Samsung works well but way overpriced
well im running 1600 watts of hps now, and future is cmh315 x 5 which is pretty much the same watts... Im thinking a badass 14k portable might do it. Im in the basement and it stays cooler down there.

P

PharmHand

well im running 1600 watts of hps now, and future is cmh315 x 5 which is pretty much the same watts... Im thinking a badass 14k portable might do it. Im in the basement and it stays cooler down there.
Yea that should do ya. I used to use a portable setup very similar to demon. 12000btu it would do 2 HPS but would only take it down to 78 in the summer One thing I found helped to get maximum cooling out of the portable was to use oversized rigid ducting (8") to pipe the hot compressor air out not the crappy plastic stuff it comes with the smooth inner surface flows much better. I found a register boot at hd that fit the intake for hot air extraction and hard piped it too so as to maintain my sealed room. Keep all piping and especially bends to a minimum and insulate( I used reflectix) the hot exhaust side. Good luck man

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yea that should do ya. I used to use a portable setup very similar to demon. 12000btu it would do 2 HPS but would only take it down to 78 in the summer One thing I found helped to get maximum cooling out of the portable was to use oversized rigid ducting (8") to pipe the hot compressor air out not the crappy plastic stuff it comes with the smooth inner surface flows much better. I found a register boot at hd that fit the intake for hot air extraction and hard piped it too so as to maintain my sealed room. Keep all piping and especially bends to a minimum and insulate( I used reflectix) the hot exhaust side. Good luck man
Awesome brother i appreciate it!
I found a register boot at hd that fit the intake for hot air extraction and hard piped it too so as to maintain my sealed room...

I guess im a little confused. If you hooked ducting to the intake of the ac, then it pulls air from outside, cools it, shoots it into your room, and pipes the hot air off the compressor out?
or is there 2 intakes and 2 exhaust? As in it pulls air thru a vent and pipes that past the compressor, and out the exhaust ducting, and then another intake on the front that sucks room air in, cools it, and shoots it out a vent in front or top?

P

PharmHand

Some portables only have one pipe to blow the hot air the compressor generates out the back some have two pipes( mine only had one). On the ones with two pipes one pipe is intake one is exhaust and those are strictly to vent the hot air the ac compressor generates and Normally you'd have them both going to a window. On mine since it only had one pipe meant it was sucking stinky air directly out of my room like an exhaust which wasted my co2 and stunk. So what I did was fit a register boot over the vent at the back that was the intake for the hot air exhaust( it was 4x6" I believe) and put a short piece of rigid duct on that. So basically ac sat in my room and the hot air was piped out of the room but in order to maintain my room seal I added an extra pipe on the back of the unit. There's a separate room air intake on the front for drawing in and cooling room air. The vents and duct on the back are strictly for venting the hot air. It's got all the same parts as a split it's just combined for portability. If you get a dual pipe you can forget all that lol and just replace the shitty plastic stuff it comes with with rigid ducting. I found an 8" flange at hd that fit over the 6" existing duct outlet and used aluminum foil tape to attach both the 8" flange and 4x6" to 8" register boot to the unit. That make sense? I'm bad at explaining wish I had a pic

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Some portables only have one pipe to blow the hot air the compressor generates out the back some have two pipes( mine only had one). On the ones with two pipes one pipe is intake one is exhaust and those are strictly to vent the hot air the ac compressor generates and Normally you'd have them both going to a window. On mine since it only had one pipe meant it was sucking stinky air directly out of my room like an exhaust which wasted my co2 and stunk. So what I did was fit a register boot over the vent at the back that was the intake for the hot air exhaust( it was 4x6" I believe) and put a short piece of rigid duct on that. So basically ac sat in my room and the hot air was piped out of the room but in order to maintain my room seal I added an extra pipe on the back of the unit. There's a separate room air intake on the front for drawing in and cooling room air. The vents and duct on the back are strictly for venting the hot air. It's got all the same parts as a split it's just combined for portability. If you get a dual pipe you can forget all that lol and just replace the shitty plastic stuff it comes with with rigid ducting. I found an 8" flange at hd that fit over the 6" existing duct outlet and used aluminum foil tape to attach both the 8" flange and 4x6" to 8" register boot to the unit. That make sense? I'm bad at explaining wish I had a pic
nope that was perfect! Thanks for taking the time so that i understood completely!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@EventHorizan
HD has their Mr cool 18k in Stock now. 1460.00. May hold off for the 24k unit. 24k may be overkill for 4x315, bull I'll run open hoods, and have the option to pilot in 2 more lights.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@EventHorizan
HD has their Mr cool 18k in Stock now. 1460.00. May hold off for the 24k unit. 24k may be overkill for 4x315, bull I'll run open hoods, and have the option to pilot in 2 more lights.
im trying to get financing right now for 3 x315... We will see... As for 1500 on ac, if i go that route, then im gonna go with the dual zone system thats 18k upstairs and 12k downstairs, so i got 18k for my house and 12 k for my grow room... I only have a room ac in the window for me, so i might as well upgrade the whole house at the same time... I got a year and a half till my house is paid off, then im gonna rent it out and buy a new crib, kinda back off in a cut outside the city....
So upgrading the ac for the house will come back in another 100 a month rent... Prob get 750 a month rent now with that ac unit... but i think im gonna just buy me a 14k unit off craigslist with dual hose to vent compressor heat for $200 just to make it thru the summer...
Its all about that business plan,, you know how we roll....
Got to spend that money properly in them first few years :)

Freshone

Freshone

Couple things,a Mitsubishi Mr slim 24,000 btu will cost a few hundred more than the Mr cool but it will be MUCH more efficient and save you alot of energy over a cheaper unit,look at the seer ratings,this is the energy efficiency.
The multi air handler units will lose efficiency when both air handlers are pulling hard.You can put as many air handlers as you want but you are still limited by compressor size so you may find one room or the other suffering in high demand times,not good for a grow room.If you use a multi unit it's best to oversize to account for that.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@Freshone
Can you toss up a link? I have an hvac guy. I'm not worried about precharged lines ets

Thx
So i just said hell with it and bought a 14k port unit for a 150 off my dad, that he bought for my moms shop last year,,, she retired this year, and he said he was happy to get some money back out the expensive ass thing lol... now if growers choice gives me this financing, I will have 5 new 315's here soon :) Now i just need a 1/2 price deal on a c02 tank and valve...

Latest posts

Top Bottom