Show Off Your Diy's!

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freshone

Freshone

@Freshone
Can you toss up a link? I have an hvac guy. I'm not worried about precharged lines ets

Thx
For you bro of course,had to fire up the laptop as i cant post links/pics from my tablet.PreCharged lines are a joke IMO,i know for some thats all they can do but dont expect pro performance from those units.
Here is a link to where i got my unit(kingersons),
http://www.air-conditioner-system.c...24NA-U1-Mitsubishi-Air-Conditioner-11707.html
There is another cheaper place called AC wholesalers but they are straight up crooks,after i ordered there they never delivered after 3 weeks so i called and canceled my order,after that i had shitloads of fraud on my card from right around the area there in,lesson learned!Kingersons will drop a couple hundred usually if you grind em.In my state you have to be a licensed tech to buy units so the internet is my only option but check in your state you might be able to buy direct from a distributor in michigan and save money and just pay a tech to install.I chose a more pricey heat pump as it will heat as well as cool,set your hi/lo temps and just put it on auto.
Everything i know about AC i learned in cannabis johns AC thread here at the farm and i also had a lot of help from blazer who graciously allowed me to ask alot of stupid questions,ive done quite a few installs for friends now so im getting my money out of the 4-500 i invested in tools.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Watering can mod

For those hard to reach areas.

Watering wand
3/4" clear tubing
2x hose clamps
Female/female connector in plumbing area
Watering can

Works great. Been in use almost 2 yrs.

View attachment 688968 View attachment 688969
This is what this thread is all about! Simple solutions to erryday problems.
My slick shit passive air intakes . My wife's stockings never looked so good ..... ;)
What else you got growing in there? Glad Im not the only one who avoids monocropping

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

top by hand lol getting ready to feel it right back up saves sooooo much space

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Not catching what's going on with all the tubes, if your hand feeding from top, are they overflow?

tubes are for the water that runs though the solo cups when watering so I don't have over flow or have to take them out and put them on a tray or something to let the run off flow

The Dawg

The Dawg

Here's My First Grow Cab That Housed A 400 Watt Cmh In A 4 Inch Super Sun I. In It Now Is My DIY WaterFarm With Attach Screen. My Light Source Is A DIY Cree CBX 3590 DD Bin 5000k 80 Cri Running On A MeanWell Lpf-90-42. When I Switch To Flower I Will Add A DIY Citizen 1212 3500K 90 Cri Running On A MeanWell Lpf-60-36 :cool:

IMG 6009
IMG 6008
IMG 6017
IMG 6007

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Had an old kitchen cabinet laying around, an LED, a reflective dashboard sunshade and a few clones outgrowing their current spots under the t8. No ventilation yet, but just a temporary thing while the flower tent finishes. Long term this may become a clone crib.

IMG 20180310 170026214
IMG 20180310 172821574
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

How about a freestanding air scrubber! Old fan from an air hockey table, 200cfm carbon filter, a tin reducer, and some shiny tape. I'm gonna start running this in the room next to me during trimming. Not much, but for what I had on hand. Diy shit is half the fun.

IMG 20180314 220431879
IMG 20180314 220404420
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I needed some more light while waiting for my QBs, so I took the diffuser globes off some LED light bulbs I had laying around; spare piece of wood, and a couple of power strips..Voila..THE IMMACULATE CONTRAPTION..LOL
View attachment 784872 View attachment 784873
Be careful when you're watering. There was a member on the Dude Grows Website asking about doing this, but Guru (Formerly known as LED Guru) highly advised against it due to safety concerns.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Be careful when you're watering. There was a member on the Dude Grows Website asking about doing this, but Guru (Formerly known as LED Guru) highly advised against it due to safety concerns.
Thank you.
It was only up for 10 days or so and way well above any possible water..I know what you mean though..
Took it apart and used the pieces for other stuff

DGP

DGP

Most LED chips make only UV light. The light color is converted by phosphor and other coatings that re-radiate the light in the spectrum the designer was targeting. If the coating on the inside of the globe was there to make the light a normal "daylight" color or convert most of the UV to broad spectrum light then you will get mostly UV. The most harmful wavelengths are invisible to you but are still there. It can be harmful to your eyes. However, if the chips themselves have a thin film coating on them to make the light the correct color then you would be alright but I wouldn't suggest anyone do this.

Everyone should be wearing UV filtering sunglasses in their grows whether HPS, LED or whatever. It can cause cataracts in a fairly un-natural short period of time. Used to work in the LED industry and we were required by our company and OSHA to wear certain PPE. If you don't like the darkness of standard sunglasses then you can get some of the orange colored glasses that are made specifically rated for UV laser exposure.

If you do modify LEDs or spend time under your lights working (which we all do) at least take precautions whether LED, HID or whatever. BTW all CFL's make only UV as well but the phosphor coating inside the tubes does the same thing......

Most prescription lenses especially plastic such as polycarbonate naturally will filter UV. High CRI COBs generally don't make much UV. I can kind of tell because my photo-gray lenses don't darken in the grow but quickly darken in sunlight. However, better safe than sorry with your eye health.

Dee

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

So, I'm tinkering with a few odds and ends laying around. Made a small scrog apparatus. The grid will be adjustable on small clips. I have to brace the vertical legs a little, but it's pretty much what it is. Lol.

IMG 20180323 211435865
DGP

DGP

So, I'm tinkering with a few odds and ends laying around. Made a small scrog apparatus. The grid will be adjustable on small clips. I have to brace the vertical legs a little, but it's pretty much what it is. Lol.

Nice, I like it when people design things that work and are resourceful (instead of just going and spending a bunch of money). As a grower you accumulate a lot of stuff as you learn and I like to reuse and re-purpose as well.

Dee

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Nice, I like it when people design things that work and are resourceful (instead of just going and spending a bunch of money). As a grower you accumulate a lot of stuff as you learn and I like to reuse and re-purpose as well.

Dee
I've been known to pull over and do some curbside shopping. With the grow experience came an eye for items that are useful. The grate came from an overhead center island pot and pan rack. Wood was in the garage and the base shelf is a removable shelf from a steel cabinet I have. The fact that the shelf and the metal grate are exactly the same size is mere coincidence. Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom