Show Us Your Ultrasonic Foggers And Vdp Systems

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

1st off im gonna says thanks to Cannabis John for shedding some VDP light in my eyes. he brought it up while helping me with my A/C issues. thanks again!!

so I ended up pulling the trigger on an ultrasonic fogger system from John (owner) of The House of Hydro (thehouseofhydro.com). I first bought the 6 disc (20mm) kit, fogger, spare discs, float, and power pack. unfortunately the power pack took a poop after 1 days use 5/1/5/1/5 on/off, then off in dark period). so he sent me a replacement system and he upgraded me to a 9 disc unit and a new power supply and 9 extra discs. thanks again for the great customer service.

fan speed at 4.5v = 52% r/h stable at 1+hr
fan speed at 6v = 62% r/h stable at 1+hr

parts list:
1x 9 disc ultrasonic fogger 1900 ml/hr
1x float
1x power supply
1x 80mm waterproof fan
1x fan speed controller
1x 18 gallon tub
3" hole saw/dril bit
various pvc piping to get the mist where you would like it
drill
silicone caulk--buy the good caulk, not the cheap crap
weather proof door/window seal (used to seal lid to container gap)

I went from a 42% r/h at 84* to running 62% r/h at 80-81* in my tent consistent from midnight until 9am when I rechecked things.

pics below. ill get a few more pics tonight. I also have video, but my cell phone has a max of 20mb, so im trying to shrink it a bit.

tonight ill add a 3' section of pvc to bring up the mist above the plants and see if it woks better. im still playingaround with height, and fan speeds

Show us your ultrasonic foggers and vdp systems
Show us your ultrasonic foggers and vdp systems 2
Show us your ultrasonic foggers and vdp systems 3
Show us your ultrasonic foggers and vdp systems 4
Show us your ultrasonic foggers and vdp systems 5
Show us your ultrasonic foggers and vdp systems 6
Show us your ultrasonic foggers and vdp systems 7
Show us your ultrasonic foggers and vdp systems 8
Show us your ultrasonic foggers and vdp systems 9
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

ill post some more pics tonight (plants are a lot bigger) and ill see if I can get a few videos as well.

F

FooDoo

I use the same thing but the 12 disc in my 10x10. Those things crap out often. I'll be looking into whole room humidifiers from box stores next.

But congrats on taking the right steps to becoming a better grower. Proper VPD is going to show you growth rates you've never seen

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

im in a 5x10 and I see no reason why I cant get this up to 80%, why would you need to upgrade to a larger big box humidifier? you cant get the rh any higher?

and do you run yours during lights off?

F

FooDoo

Btw since you are in veg you want an extra wet VPD of .08 kpa.

At 82 degress, which is 28 Celsius a .08 kpa VPD would be a RH % of 75-80

IMG 20150922 123016

Then in flowering 1.0 is ideal with a more dry 1.25-1.5 kpa when are lights off

F

FooDoo

im in a 5x10 and I see no reason why I cant get this up to 80%, why would you need to upgrade to a larger big box humidifier? you cant get the rh any higher?

and do you run yours during lights off?

Not larger, just different style. Those ultra sonic heads go bad fast and frequently. My first 12 head stopped working a week after warranty period. Luckily the owner was cool and still replaced it for free, but the second one went out a month later too. They cost $200+ each time and its not an expense I want to keep reoccurring

shemshemet

shemshemet

I once tried to use an ultrasonic fogger as a rooter.....craziest roots hairs I've ever seen.

Source: I've never run hydro.....

F

FooDoo

I once tried to use an ultrasonic fogger as a rooter.....craziest roots hairs I've ever seen.

Source: I've never run hydro.....

They are def a cool device to have in a growers arsenal. My buddy killed one of my moms. So I cut everything off her except 3 stems with a few bottom nodes. Put an ultra sonic humidifier right under her. Figured she was lost forever. But once humidity made it up to 100% and there was beads of water on the stems, it only took two days for new healthy green growth to start popping out

IMG 20150922 115749670

Just need to get one good Clone off her in a few weeks and the genetic is saved and I'll re-mom the new cut.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I forgot to turn my timer from 24/7 to times. been hitting 99% since 11am this am. lol

ill crank the fan speed up another notch tonight when I go back to work and see what that speed can put out. I have to be careful thought, my a/c 600 hood, 2 x 4' 4 bulb t8s and 1x 2 bulb t8 is close by. I don't want an electrical short from the humid air or my 600w hood to blow up.

I forgot to post the VDP chart in my earlier post. I have it taped to my wall.

I run about 50-60% in flower, seems perfect for me, since ive ran this way for 4+yrs. and im really afraid of bud rot as my plants get large and packed in.

VDP chart
F

FooDoo

I forgot to turn my timer from 24/7 to times. been hitting 99% since 11am this am. lol

ill crank the fan speed up another notch tonight when I go back to work and see what that speed can put out. I have to be careful thought, my a/c 600 hood, 2 x 4' 4 bulb t8s and 1x 2 bulb t8 is close by. I don't want an electrical short from the humid air or my 600w hood to blow up.

I forgot to post the VDP chart in my earlier post. I have it taped to my wall.

I run about 50-60% in flower, seems perfect for me, since ive ran this way for 4+yrs. and im really afraid of bud rot as my plants get large and packed in.

You won't get bud rot , trust me. just make sure your lights off VPD is more dry . say your temp is still 28c lights off, a 1.5 VPD is 60%rh.

Get Good air circulation and you'll be primo

Also, from your chart, 50-60% ideal VPD says 64 degrees

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

my flower room is a nice and cool 73* lights on and 73-75 lights off daily

then id have to buy another fogger kit or a humidifier for the flower room

edit:

I forgot to add to the title for all to post up your ultrasonic fogger systems. if a mod could edit it for me it would be greatly appreciated. it may light a fire under some growers on the importance of VDP and what it is and does for your garden.

thanks

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
my flower room is a nice and cool 73* lights on and 73-75 lights off daily

then id have to buy another fogger kit or a humidifier for the flower room

edit:

I forgot to add to the title for all to post up your ultrasonic fogger systems. if a mod could edit it for me it would be greatly appreciated. it may light a fire under some growers on the importance of VDP and what it is and does for your garden.

thanks
Better?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

thanks SK!!!!!

it leaves it open for others to show their systems, and not feel like thread-jacking.

ken dog

ken dog

Wondering how that ultrasonic kit has been lasting... it looks excellent.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

9 disc unit took a shit...again
John took care of me, overnight shipping and everything

Free upgrade to 12 disc, new power supply, and about 20 spare/new discs. Made a new container from a 20 gal food grade barrel. Saves on preschools plant space. Lol power hungry sob I tell you that. Could run a 1k at 120v for the same amp draw.

ken dog

ken dog

9 disc unit took a shit...again
John took care of me, overnight shipping and everything

Free upgrade to 12 disc, new power supply, and about 20 spare/new discs. Made a new container from a 20 gal food grade barrel. Saves on preschools plant space. Lol power hungry sob I tell you that. Could run a 1k at 120v for the same amp draw.

Very cool... I'm getting a fogger myself, but I didn't want to go the kit route for the first one.

Almost had to go that route though, as there is only one person making them right now that isn't $600 or more.

Sounds like the customer support that you are receiving is excellent... Good to hear.

Top Bottom