Siamese Mutant

• Thread starter leafy2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

leafy2

Hi, recently germinated a couple of seeds using the damp paper towel method. As soon as they sprouted they were placed in "Root Riot" blocks. at this point they appeared totally normal. However, after a couple of days growth one of them (An SAD from Sweet Seeds) took on an appearance completely different to any I'd seen before. As you can see from the attached photo, it put up not one but TWO shoots! I should add that there is no way this can be due to my inadvertently planting two seeds by mistake. Not only did I purchase 3 seeds and have 2 left, I actually looked at them through a magnifier before germination and nothing untoward was spotted.
Assuming that this IS a known phenomenon, my real question is what I should do about it. Should I try splitting the root ball in halfhttp://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/attachment.php? when it attains a viable size or let it be? I also wonder what effect it might have on development (As I write, about 4 days after the photo was taken, the other seed, admittedly of a different strain, seems to be developing more rapidly), not only as regards potency but also sex (Feminised seed). Any thoughts would be really welcome. Thanks.
Mutant1

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Wow! I have seen this just recently from DNA genetgics LA WOMAN FEM.....It grew two seedlings out of rapid rooter but one of mine is being dwarfed by the other:( not sure but curious myself. Also my "twin" was always about 25% the size of its sister even the "water leaves". Were as yours seem to be identical in size and health.

M

Mr_SLaTe

if you want to try and grow them both NOW is teh time to seperate them very carefully i have run across this alot over the years....i have a grendel that did it, and one was male and teh other was female...i still have the female...very vigerous....and next up i have shark shock that was double ...two differnt times....both turned out males...i am about to cross the male shark with the female grendel and see what happens...

subcool had a strain that he releaased that there was many folks getting two plants in one seed...i think it was the jack teh rippers(dont quote me)...have fun with it

D

Donk Frog

Had a batch of pandoras box do that on me last year two plants from every seeds...and yes seperate now

C

chuckyoufarley

Premium Member
Supporter
is that 2 stems or just 2 heads on 1 stem cant tell from the pic

0MEGA

i had one kinda similar to that
it grew the single leaf though and it stopped growing for about a week, next thing you know the 2nd pair that was comming out was growing 2 tops.

Top Bottom