Simple 1000w vs iGrow induction light

• Thread starter WeedsterBunny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

Here's another photo of the Sharks Breath and Space Helmet. Saw that this one shows the light through the SB cola. See what I mean by separated and totally individual nuggets. Dense though...
IMG 2834

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Nice show Wb- Now that you've been playing with the Igrow for a year what's your take on it?

PB

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I'm done with Igrows. My last round was 1/2 pound under a light in a 4x4 space. I can't run a scrog as there is NO penetration into the canopy, even 8 inches from the bulb i'm getting larf that can't even be trimmed. When I try to run colas, I can't get anywhere near enough stretch to produce, and the lanky/stretch strains just stretch even more. The plants are frosted but nowhere near the stickiness of HPS.

They were doing pretty ok in veg (they kept up with 600w bulbs just fine), but in veg and flower both the leaf petioles were 2-3x longer than they are under any other light source, which I've always understood is the plants trying to move their leaves from areas that are too shaded. I'm using 315w CMH in veg now and they are crushing all, I definitely recommend those in any stage if you're looking into alternative/efficient lighting.

I put one igrow over my buddies pool table, makes a really cool orange/purple hue that is much more fun for billiards than plant growing. I still have a couple lying around, might try flipping one upside down and turning it into a glowing coffee table with a frosted glass top. Definitely not something I would recommend to my friends to grow under - I don't even really want to sell them at half price b/c I don't think they are even worth $600.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Wow- thats some good anecdotal evidence... would you run them summer time for heat savings? I might be interested in buying one to do some testing....

PB

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I didn't mean for that to sound so spiteful, I just feel that it's ridiculous that these are compared to a 1000w light - if I had bit the bullet and replaced my room with these I would have gone under.

I'm sure these are an awesome option for someone with a closet grow (if you can fit it in your closet) or a hobby grower but for anyone who is relying on a steady cash income out of a certain amount of space I can't recommend these. If power draw is a limiting factor I would go with the 315w (some places say they're 350) CMH in any stage, that light is awesome.

Edit to add -
I probably wouldn't run them summertime, because I'd rather have, say, 8-10 lbs vs 3 or 4 every harvest...electricity really isn't expensive enough to justify that big of a difference. Sure I feel bad about wasting fossil fuels but fuck it it's a little too late for that seeing as how friends of mine out east can light their tap water on fire b/c of fracking...

B

birdlvegas

I have six IGrow's for sale. Lost my cultivation rites here in Arizona. They don't produce like HPS, but the lower power draw and heat output were nice. No need for an exhaust set up. $600

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I'm done with Igrows. My last round was 1/2 pound under a light in a 4x4 space. I can't run a scrog as there is NO penetration into the canopy, even 8 inches from the bulb i'm getting larf that can't even be trimmed. When I try to run colas, I can't get anywhere near enough stretch to produce, and the lanky/stretch strains just stretch even more. The plants are frosted but nowhere near the stickiness of HPS.

They were doing pretty ok in veg (they kept up with 600w bulbs just fine), but in veg and flower both the leaf petioles were 2-3x longer than they are under any other light source, which I've always understood is the plants trying to move their leaves from areas that are too shaded. I'm using 315w CMH in veg now and they are crushing all, I definitely recommend those in any stage if you're looking into alternative/efficient lighting.

I put one igrow over my buddies pool table, makes a really cool orange/purple hue that is much more fun for billiards than plant growing. I still have a couple lying around, might try flipping one upside down and turning it into a glowing coffee table with a frosted glass top. Definitely not something I would recommend to my friends to grow under - I don't even really want to sell them at half price b/c I don't think they are even worth $600.

I didn't mean for that to sound so spiteful, I just feel that it's ridiculous that these are compared to a 1000w light - if I had bit the bullet and replaced my room with these I would have gone under.

I'm sure these are an awesome option for someone with a closet grow (if you can fit it in your closet) or a hobby grower but for anyone who is relying on a steady cash income out of a certain amount of space I can't recommend these. If power draw is a limiting factor I would go with the 315w (some places say they're 350) CMH in any stage, that light is awesome.

Edit to add -
I probably wouldn't run them summertime, because I'd rather have, say, 8-10 lbs vs 3 or 4 every harvest...electricity really isn't expensive enough to justify that big of a difference. Sure I feel bad about wasting fossil fuels but fuck it it's a little too late for that seeing as how friends of mine out east can light their tap water on fire b/c of fracking...

I agree 100% We Solidarity. I never used the IGrow, but did buy an Indagrow that I was told would do all kinds of great shit for my grow. All of it was BS. I'd rather grow a plant from start to finish under a HO T5 than spend the $ on expensive, overhyped Igrow/Indagrow lights.

gwheels

gwheels

This has answered my questions about the light. I will keep my mcob and my CMH 315. Thanks for taking the time to check it out and offer your honest opinion. I grow in a 4 x 4 tent and I would like to maximize the potential in that space and i think the 315 might be the way to go.

Top Bottom