Simple 1000w vs iGrow induction light

• Thread starter WeedsterBunny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

Good pheno hunt, any comments so far about growing the Ghost Train? Is she a heavy feeder, light? I always thought GTH would be very finicky to grow, but yours seem to be loving whatever nute regimen you're giving em!

Thanks! I am using Nectar for the Gods advanced line and diluting it half - 3/4 strength once its been a couple weeks into flower (was using FF Ocean Forest for this one, trying Empire Builder for the next). So I guess that means the GTH is a mid weight feeder. It did have a tiny bit of neut burn or light burn (or both) under the HPS on one nug of the C pheno.

You should weigh them now so its more accurate because they might dry at different rates.

Nice plants.

Thanks again! I kinda thought about that but I wanted to dry them on the stem. Plus I just saw this.... too late.

WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

Ok, well again the OG plants on both sides need water today. When I checked the HPS side was a little wilty and the iGrow side was not far behind. They might just be on the same feeding schedule from here on out...
It seems like there really is not much difference in how much water they uptake, a little, but not enough to notice dramatic differences.

WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

Weights came in on the GTH#1 B, C and the A pheno is not far behind in flush mode with milky triches! The 2 plants from the iGrow side are really good looking (haven't smoked it yet) but its weight only performed 64% to the HPS for the B pheno, and 72% to the HPS for the C pheno.

Here's a few pics of the frosty frosty :D

I think this is the order the pics will appear: B HPS, B iGrow, B iGrow, C HPS, C HPS, C iGrow, C iGrow

1217 GTH B HPS 4
1217 GTH B IND 3
1217 GTH B IND 4
1217 GTH C HPS 1
1217 GTH C HPS 2
1217 GTH C IND 1
WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

Oops hit reply before the last pic was uploaded. Here's the C pheno from iGrow side

1217 GTH C IND 2
neverbreak

neverbreak

i'd remove that pesky octopus if i were you. i'm sure it's gonna consume yer harvest otherwise. ;)

neverbreak

WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

Here's a pic of 2 nugs each of the B and the C pheno, one from each light.
The 2 C phenos on the left and the 2 B phenos on the right. The 2 grown under HPS are on the ends and the 2 iGrow are in the middle.
Compara 1217

I pulled my Kali Mist out to be my Christmas tree! I'll get her decorated soon :)
IMG 0801

IMG 0787
WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

The GTH#1 A pheno is at 67 days of 12/12 with a few amber, mostly milky and a few clear triches. I might be harvesting at 70 days :) This one look likes it leaned more towards the Nevils Wreck?

GTH#1 A iGrow
GTH A IND 3

GTH#1 A HPS
GTH A HPS 1

GTH#1 A HPS
GTH A HPS 3

All of the OG plants below are at 44 days of 12/12.
Scott's OG x ?? B pheno iGrow
OG B IND 2

Scott's OG x ?? B pheno iGrow
OG B IND 3

Scott's OG x ?? B pheno HPS
OG B HPS 2

Scott's OG x ?? C pheno iGrow
OG C IND

Scott's OG x ?? C pheno iGrow
OG C IND 4

Scott's OG x ?? C pheno HPS
OG C HPS 1

Scott's OG x ?? C pheno HPS
OG C HPS 4

One thing I can say for sure about the plants under the iGrow is that they seem to be some incredibly sticky plants! I have a few little gnats buzzing around and they will land and stick to the triches a lot more than the HPS, on most every strain I have right now..
OG B IND 1

This guy was squirming, trying to get away when I took this.

WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

Ended up harvesting the GTH#1 A pheno at 73 days of 12/12 with 5~10% amber triches.
The iGrow plant on the left, and the HPS on the right.
GTH1 A 73 days

As you can see the HPS still looks like it is feeding heavier and the iGrow retains a lot of its green.

WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

Nice! The iGrow had 88% weight compared to the HPS for the GTH#1 A pheno.
I can't wait to see how the indica plants do under the iGrow for comparison!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
It appears reading through this that the HPS is producing denser, chunkier nugs. Is that your take overall?

outwest

Dunge

Dunge

Nice! The iGrow had 88% weight compared to the HPS for the GTH#1 A pheno.
I can't wait to see how the indica plants do under the iGrow for comparison!
Sorry if I missed this, but do you know the power draw on that iGrow?

WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

It appears reading through this that the HPS is producing denser, chunkier nugs. Is that your take overall?

outwest
Yeah, that's how it has been so far. The HPS nugs have been much nicer bud structure too. I haven't noticed much difference in smoke yet though... I'll get some of the comparison photos of the cured GTH#1 A up soon.

Grabbed a couple C02 exhale bags to see if that makes a difference.

Sorry if I missed this, but do you know the power draw on that iGrow?
It's pulling ~400w and a lot less heat. I have a buddy who put one of these in a little closet with nothing else but a 120-150cfm exhaust fan and gets a decent personal stash.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Yeah, that's how it has been so far. The HPS nugs have been much nicer bud structure too. I haven't noticed much difference in smoke yet though... I'll get some of the comparison photos of the cured GTH#1 A up soon.

Grabbed a couple C02 exhale bags to see if that makes a difference.

It's pulling ~400w and a lot less heat. I have a buddy who put one of these in a little closet with nothing else but a 120-150cfm exhaust fan and gets a decent personal stash.

Thanks for the prompt reply! I use those co2 bags. Not sure if they work or not. :(

It seems that with all of these newer lighting technologies, the bud strcuture/density just isn't there. But they are good at creating aroma/flavor/frost. I use an LEP as supplemental lighting and love it.

outwest

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

Are you using the plasma as a supplement to the iGROW or some other light?

WeedsterBunny

WeedsterBunny

Are you using the plasma as a supplement to the iGROW or some other light?
The only other light in the room is a 1000w HPS with an analog ballast. I'm sure they are getting some shared light so it is not an exact comparison, but I feel like the hood from the iGrow is low enough to block the direct light from the HPS, making it somewhat of a decent comparison. I would love to see a compare journal with 2 separate rooms at the same temp, light cycle, feed, with an electricity meter, etc. I couldn't pull that off with the limited space and resources I have, but still wanted to share what I got from this new light :D

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

^this is why i haven't commented much on mine, i'm not willing to run it separately for flowering due to current tight growing quarters. for any kind of serious analysis/comparison, i think these tests would need to be run in totally separate chambers. ime the large amount of IR/FR/R just bouncing around the room is swaying final outcomes considerably.

perhaps the resistance of most folks who own induction lamps to run them stand-alone should tell us something? and why aren't we all mixing in T5HOs along with hps/mh in our flower rooms? i mean there are plenty of nice bulb spectrums available in those too, right? (yes, being sarcastic, but i'm also glad to follow along and yield my opinion if anyone wants to prove me wrong.)

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

Why not prove it to yourself do and do an entire run with your induction? If you bought the iGROW system and do it like they tell you in the videos you'll stop throwing your money away on HID lamps that you have to replace and is spoiling our environment. The iGROW can do things your T5 lamps can not. We need experienced growers to push for energy efficient lights that yield and won't have to be replaced every 3 cycles.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Why not prove it to yourself do and do an entire run with your induction? If you bought the iGROW system and do it like they tell you in the videos you'll stop throwing your money away on HID lamps that you have to replace and is spoiling our environment. The iGROW can do things your T5 lamps can not. We need experienced growers to push for energy efficient lights that yield and won't have to be replaced every 3 cycles.
have you read my previous posts on this subject? the answer to that question should be pretty clear. i'm a sick guy with limited time/resources, and testing bad hypotheses just isn't my thing.

seriously Sarlacc, no offense (yet..), but you're starting to sound like a fanboy/shiller/spammer for iGrow (we know what this looks like all too well here, especially on the subject of new lighting tech). these kind of posts should prob be in that other rotting induction thread started by the indagro shillers, and leave this one for the bunny to show us his grow?

entropy99

entropy99

Excellent thread, it's really good to see side-by-side comparisons like these. How long until you pull the indicas?

Top Bottom