Simple Question About Micro Nutrients In A Chelated Form

• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

I saw this product Bio Essentials by GHE - "it is a comprehensive concentration of micro nutrients in a chelated form, plus essential sub micro particles and an organic buffer" and was going to buy it, because its on sale.
They say this product is good because it has micro nutrients that fertilizers usually dont incorporate in their formulas. But they are talking about chemical fertilizers, right?

I mean, natural fertilizers have a good wide range of different substances... But chemical ones only have the nutrients manufacturers chose to add. So this product is useful for chemical fertilizers and not natural fertilizers. Is this right?

The product is only 4 euros for 1 liter, but please tell me if I am wasting money buying it :)

P

Pimples

Iam not sure but i think General Hudroponics Europe Organic Essentials line is the same product as General Organics (American) version of nutrients. If they are i believe the micro elements are chelated with organic chelation agents like fulvic acid and left turning amino acids. They wouldnt be organic if the micros were chelated using typical agents like edta dtpa and eddha. Dont quote me on this though...i could be all wrong. Sort of familiar with the European nutrient lines but not quite.

mdmazing

mdmazing

Iam not sure but i think General Hudroponics Europe Organic Essentials line is the same product as General Organics (American) version of nutrients. If they are i believe the micro elements are chelated with organic chelation agents like fulvic acid and left turning amino acids. They wouldnt be organic if the micros were chelated using typical agents like edta dtpa and eddha. Dont quote me on this though...i could be all wrong. Sort of familiar with the European nutrient lines but not quite.

I dont understand much about this subject, but i think you are right, its says this on their webpage "Chelates being an authorised source of microelements by organic certification, Bio Essentials can be used in conjunction with organic nutrients. "
Honestly i just read this now. Sorry :p Do you think its worth it? Maybe i will buy it, since its on sale 50% of, it says the plant gets stronger, and i have a big problem with pm/mold

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
BioAg is a GREAT company, and @Pimples while you may or may not be correct regarding the companies I believe you are 100% correct regarding the hows & whys of the chelation question.

@mdmazing -- you can also provide micronutrients with chelation by purchasing something like Azomite (I personally prefer Sea-90) and a humic or fulvic acid product (I use MicroHume with an emulsifier, it's hydrophobic and can be difficult to get mixed into a water column, but doesn't shift pH the way some liquid formulations do). I wouldn't be surprised if you'd save hella $$$ doing it that way, too. But, the price doesn't sound too bad, I think roughly converted to $US would be about $10/liter. That's far more than *I* am willing to pay, but that's my personal comfort level, not yours. :)

P

Pimples

BioAg is a GREAT company, and @Pimples while you may or may not be correct regarding the companies I believe you are 100% correct regarding the hows & whys of the chelation question.

@mdmazing -- you can also provide micronutrients with chelation by purchasing something like Azomite (I personally prefer Sea-90) and a humic or fulvic acid product (I use MicroHume with an emulsifier, it's hydrophobic and can be difficult to get mixed into a water column, but doesn't shift pH the way some liquid formulations do). I wouldn't be surprised if you'd save hella $$$ doing it that way, too. But, the price doesn't sound too bad, I think roughly converted to $US would be about $10/liter. That's far more than *I* am willing to pay, but that's my personal comfort level, not yours. :)
Just what exactly is Sea 90?? Ive heard growers mention and praise it but i dont know what it is.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A wide array of micronutrients is why I believe organic grows can taste better and test with more cannabanoids and terpenes.

Depending on your methods and medium the product you show may have great benefit. But as mentioned above it is likely not cost effective in the long term.

Seaweed extract and humic acid (I can not remember the proper ratio) has been proven to add the micros and the chelators and can be a way to introduce these elements to a hydro style grow as well. And in potting mix rock dust like Azomite adds more elements to become available.

Seaweed also has gibberellic acid on its natural form and can help seedlings root and other growth benefits.

lino

lino

my 2 cents on Micro's, This is complex stuff and way over my head.... I'm in my last contemplation stage and testing before I release my Micros. I have a problem about this. My stuff works good, very good and ppl abuse it.

DO NOT DRINK MICRO NUTES FROM GROW STORE. Period. ONLY MY STUFF IS MADE FOR THAT. No one else has nute that buff humans and plants except me,,,, DO NOT CONSUME PLANT NUTES!

Micro's are Toxic....... ! Bad for you. You can also go deficient for them also....!

BEFORE my Micro Nutes were used
My body wgt was about 215 when I started drinking my Micro's. My plants yields for this strain were 32-38 gram in a 135 day harvest.
AFTER my Micro Nutes were used
Plants yield for the same strain - 58 to 74 grams - 135 day harvest.
I'm 159.2 lbs today and quickly approaching my HS body wgt, My hair is full like it was yrs ago, My dentist noted my gums appeared to have less recess and tighter teeth, My pet has lost a limp and is more playful. My plants, pet and me bath in my Micros, I dose ingestion at 10 to 20 ml per day AND STOP FOR 8 - 10 days after 14 to 18 days of usage. I went to a Micro nute diet and put my plants and pet on it also, I went to my Dr and had my blood monitored. In skool I found out cannabis is very dangerous with micros , most weed is a little excessive with micro's,,, If your bud makes fireworks in microwave its causing cancer.
Most of the Chems ending ""ium"" not good,,, cannabis eat this up weather the plant needs it or not, animals aint cool with it either...w/o many of the chems your about to read you'll go SHOW deficient signs in plants and animals if you dont have enough either.

Anyway my belief is , If it doesnt add lean muscle mass to me and increase my libido for me and my plants, pets, family and myself, we dont consume it. My plants eat what me and my pets eat.
My plants bath in what me and my pets bath in:
Bathing in my Micros varies greatly between humans, pets and especially plants.
Humans - no more than 500ml in a normal size bath , HOT water is good and cold rinse, ice pack and watch what happens . My micros WILL KEEP YOU AWAKE! take it in the morning. Same for pets, give them 200 ml baths. When you wake up in the morning you'll have that 70's hairDoo again with BonJovi big hair like HS and grey slowly go away.
Plants- no more than 5ml unless you're killing bugs, up to 10 - 12 ml to kill bugs and mildew. My Elec zappers finish all bugs and open stomatas full with fresh ionic solution on the leaves. This is where I have the prob, sure as shit someone going to drink to much or feed their plants to much, too much of good thing is not good. The Schedule has to be followed or your plants will go toxic but still look healthy and taste good,,,, but I say to myself theres a lot worse these kids are doing to the plants....Add some mine dirt, sea mud, phytoplankton, and eat it... you'll be surprised, 1/10th of my ancient Chinese recipe : sorry amt in my potion are not public aval...
Tungsten, Germanium, Selenium, Phosphorus, Iodide, Manganese, Gold, Silver (collide is dangerous doeses must be correct), Yttrium, Gallium, Bismuth, Zirconium, Cerium, Cesium, Praseodymium, Niobium, Tantalum, Magnesium, Chloride, Sodium, Potassium, Sulfate, Lithium, Boron, Calcium, Chromium, Bromide, Carbonate, Bicarbonate, Nitrogen, Zinc, Nickel, Fluoride, Silicon, Titanium, Rubidium, Copper, Antimony (small dose only), Molybdenum, Strontium, Scandium, Vanadium, Tellurium, Barium, Lanthanum, Beryllium, Hafnium, Holmium, Samarium, Terbium, Europium, Gadolinium, Dysprosium, Thorium, Lutetium, Thulium, Cadmium, Erbium, Ytterbium, Neodymium, Thallium, Rhenium, Indium, Palladium, Platinum, Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Radon, and other elements found in mine dirt, sea mud, and bugs in sea water

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just what exactly is Sea 90?? Ive heard growers mention and praise it but i dont know what it is.
It's a product derived from sea water and they've removed a good portion of the NaCl. It still tastes salty, but doesn't behave at all like any saltwater mix I've handled (it won't get flaming burning hot if you let water drip into the bag of dry mix). I personally like to use it over kelp when in flower, and I really liked it in my aquaponic system. I have found that I can reduce my Ca needs significantly by adding Sea 90 at hydroponic rates. In soil I like to use it as a foliar, not too often as a root drench, maybe a couple or three times during the season, mostly because I don't want too much built up... actually, MOSTLY because I am really cheap.

Top Bottom