Since Strains Got Stronger Throughout The Years, Riddle Me This???

• Thread starter greenboot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenboot

greenboot

No Definitely agreeing there's weak strains that's what Common Hemp is. But I'm saying the potency was always there just more of it now, instead of Just in the Hindu Kush Valkey
i'm not talking about common hemp.. I'm talking about a seed that came from a potent strain that doesn't have the same amount of potency or flavor as the mother that produced it… Some of the seeds that come from the same plant will be as just strong as the mother. Some seeds will actually be stronger (more potent) than the mother. And some of the seeds will turn out to become weaker and not as flavorful as the mother it came from...

greenboot

greenboot

i'm not talking about common hemp.. I'm talking about a seed that came from a potent strain that doesn't have the same amount of potency or flavor as the mother that produced it… Some of the seeds that come from the same plant will be as just strong as the mother. Some seeds will actually be stronger (more potent) than the mother. And some of the seeds will turn out to become weaker and not as flavorful as the mother it came from...
my theory on plant improvement throughout the years has everything to do with a person who knows what phenotype to look for in a seed before deciding to breed with her as far as taste, potency, yield, and ease of growth.. i believe that there are plenty of good knowledgable growers who know these rules for improvement who have been the reason weed is stronger and better tasting today than years ago… but i also believe that most long time smokers wouldn't be able to notice or appreciate these type of growers or these new strains for what they truly are, because there tolerance is so high from smoking strong medicine for so many years.. after a while with age our brains just doesn't release the same amount of (feel good chemicals) that they used to release when we were younger and when we first started smoking… aka (high tolerance)

cannakis

cannakis

Exactly. I agree. That's why breeding is so integral with Any crop, To keep the best of Any seed generation. We are in agreement. I just call week shit common hemp because that's what it will eventually become if left to its own devices.

greenboot

greenboot

Or maybe it's the fact that we smoke dank everyday all day and back in the day dank was few and far between and everyone and there momma wasn't growing weed on every corner.. Try smoking a joint after a 30 day health break and I promise you will have a head rush and do the "electric fish" on the ground. So in short the answer is : we smoke dank and dab all day enough to drop a horse and expect to get as high as when we were teenagers. I call it tolerance.
i agree with you 1000%. i don't know why that logic doesn't seem to resinate with theses old heads.. Oh i know,, there brains are fried.. from smoking all these years…lol

greenboot

greenboot

Exactly. I agree. That's why breeding is so integral with Any crop, To keep the best of Any seed generation. We are in agreement. I just call week shit common hemp because that's what it will eventually become if left to its own devices.
Nope… we only half way agree,, where we disagree is where you claim that the strength can only be matched but not improved upon. because let you tell it.. the maximum strength has always been there.. that sounds to me like you believe that generations of living things cannot get better, stronger and more adaptable throughout history .. i believe that every living creature has that ability to be improved upon when nurtured and cultivated in the right environment and placed in the perfect circumstances and bred with the best genetic additions…. for example if your family was highly susceptible to catching cancer and and your wife and her family was (immune) from catching cancer, there is a probability that some of your future children to also become immune to catching cancer.. and if your cancer immune children have children with other cancer immune children,, there would be a greater possibility to have a greater percentage of cancer immune children =(stronger genes)…. Just like life has a form of genetic drift, you can also have genetic enhancement,, based off of who you decide to breed with.. I believe that the same rules apply to plants and many other forms of life on this planet… thats where you and i differ...

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

i'm sorry it's just that i've witnessed too much evolution in life to think any differently when it comes to pot. Just because my tolerance may have increased, doesn't mean the strains didn't get stronger over time,, i think it would be foolish of me to think otherwise..
Weed has definetly "evolved" to b more potent.survival of the fitest has just been replaced by mans quest for the strongest phenos has resulted in a "survival of the most potent & tastey"
strains used to b like 8% and even that was considered the good stuff.some shits reported to be over 30% these days although im not sure if thats to do with the weed rather than new methods of testing or some shit.but weed atleast SEEMS to b evolving.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I can't argue love them all. But just because your cousin is beautiful dosent mean your kid won't have one ear and three eyes. Too shallow of a breeding pool is never good
But thats not wat we,r talkin about.the genetix of mammals cant be compared to they way pot is bred.that statement proves shits strong these days as your obviously melted out yir scone.but dont sweat it,around here thats the aim of us all.lol.

chronic68

chronic68

But thats not wat we,r talkin about.the genetix of mammals cant be compared to they way pot is bred.that statement proves shits strong these days as your obviously melted out yir scone.but dont sweat it,around here thats the aim of us all.lol.
It was a joke man but you gotta admit the breeding pool is way too shallow and my basic point is the quickest way to fix it sometimes is to go back to basics instead of every thang being made out of the same 3 strains

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

It was a joke man but you gotta admit the breeding pool is way too shallow and my basic point is the quickest way to fix it sometimes is to go back to basics instead of every thang being made out of the same 3 strains
Oh yeah for sure but the fact is breeders are only giving out wat sells.so u could say og kush or u could say lemon thai x kush or watever the fuck it is but the majority of people are looking for cookies,chems and deisels ect so most breeders are moving even farther away from useing your landrace strains now.all except Bodhi who is starting a new company called supernatural that only does pure landrace crosses.so pure genetic f1.no bullshit so theyr gonna be some real vigorous strains coming from the supernatural lines.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Well that only holds true for certain things. I for one am to the point where I don't need every strain to have 71% thc. Take Jack Herer for example. Think it tested at 9% and high in cbd. That cut is dank. Pleasure to smoke. Wonderful flavor (to me). I would say it's a contender with a lot of the new stuff. I def don't judge stuff by flawed thc lab tests.

chronic68

chronic68

Oh yeah for sure but the fact is breeders are only giving out wat sells.so u could say og kush or u could say lemon thai x kush or watever the fuck it is but the majority of people are looking for cookies,chems and deisels ect so most breeders are moving even farther away from useing your landrace strains now.all except Bodhi who is starting a new company called supernatural that only does pure landrace crosses.so pure genetic f1.no bullshit so theyr gonna be some real vigorous strains coming from the supernatural lines.
Tottaly agree .......bodhi rocks I'm running their tigers milk super stable love the plant I haven't heard of their new landrace endeavor so thanks for the heads up and making my day

cannakis

cannakis

Nope… we only half way agree,, where we disagree is where you claim that the strength can only be matched but not improved upon. because let you tell it.. the maximum strength has always been there.. that sounds to me like you believe that generations of living things cannot get better, stronger and more adaptable throughout history .. i believe that every living creature has that ability to be improved upon when nurtured and cultivated in the right environment and placed in the perfect circumstances and bred with the best genetic additions…. for example if your family was highly susceptible to catching cancer and and your wife and her family was (immune) from catching cancer, there is a probability that some of your future children to also become immune to catching cancer.. and if your cancer immune children have children with other cancer immune children,, there would be a greater possibility to have a greater percentage of cancer immune children =(stronger genes)…. Just like life has a form of genetic drift, you can also have genetic enhancement,, based off of who you decide to breed with.. I believe that the same rules apply to plants and many other forms of life on this planet… thats where you and i differ...
Haha alright Eugenics professor. They stopped preaching eugenics like 80 years ago.

Yes well then I Completely disagree. We can Not progress into a Utopia. Nothing new under the sun my friend. You know the Egyptians had Electricity right.!?

The usage you say is essentially Monsanto and every other wicked conglomerate, I mean "savior" conglomerate that Only wants to "help the world" but Of Course make a profit while doing it and creating Poisons. They promote a Culture of Death, Not life.

And Because of the over abundance of GMO crops infesting the Heirloom pollination and genetics of varieties that were grown for thousands of years, NATURAL Varieties that Each have their own attributes from drought resistance to nematode resistance, we are Now having a massage resurgence of Heirloom crops Ones that have been I existence for thousands of years. Ones that don't need round up and the multitude of other chemicals.

These new "evolved" species have Developed More problems than they were preventing. That's why the new "super bugs and weeds" are popping up on the new Monofarms and guess what they have to go back to old time work of pulling shit up and killing By Hand!

And I like your "cure" for cancer. How many generations should it take? Should we just start a Genetics Commission and have elected, I mean Selected "officials" tell me and you who to marry, I mean "procreate" because marriage is just white mans way of keeping people down right.?!

If someone had a susceptibility to Cancer or Disease and the other didn't, from Everything I've seen the cancer or disease Usually IS A DOMINANT GENE and and will win over the Recessive genes giving the child the disease or cancer.

But that's what "free" healthcare is for right, I mean free "insurance". I REFUSE to buy insurance, because the only thing I'm insuring is that I WILL get sick. I Am paying for a disaster To happen! JESUS CHRIST IS THE GREAT PHYSICIAN and HE Is my insurance.

Oh sorry I know that since HE is mention this post will be immediately deleted. Don't want any of those peaceful migrants violently attacking the thcfarmer servers!

cannakis

cannakis

Weed has definetly "evolved" to b more potent.survival of the fitest has just been replaced by mans quest for the strongest phenos has resulted in a "survival of the most potent & tastey"
strains used to b like 8% and even that was considered the good stuff.some shits reported to be over 30% these days although im not sure if thats to do with the weed rather than new methods of testing or some shit.but weed atleast SEEMS to b evolving.
Seems is the key word there. Just like Theory in science. It's not Fact and sure as Fuck ain't Law. Theory is Merely general Hypothesis.

cannakis

cannakis

Exactly.! That goes back to Eugenics. Do we really all want to be Goobacks?!

cannakis

cannakis

Man I got hardcore into the landraces and honestly Everyone I had turned to Shit. World of Seeds I think...

The landrace bandwagon has been kind of old, Everyone hopped in a few years ago, it will die out soon I feel like. Until someone Truly locates the Best landraces that are on par with the hybrids of today.
Well that only holds true for certain things. I for one am to the point where I don't need every strain to have 71% thc. Take Jack Herer for example. Think it tested at 9% and high in cbd. That cut is dank. Pleasure to smoke. Wonderful flavor (to me). I would say it's a contender with a lot of the new stuff. I def don't judge stuff by flawed thc lab tests.
boom you said FLAWED LAB TESTS!!!! You can send the same fucking sample to lots of places and they'll All give you different results. And THC is NOT the end all be all of it all that's why it ONLY makes up 27% At Most of the Resin Cannabinoid Compounds, many of which haven't been identified and separated. Actually I want to say some souther University in Alabama maybe I don't know, Just discovered a Couple new Cannabinoids.

greenboot

greenboot

Haha alright Eugenics professor. They stopped preaching eugenics like 80 years ago.

Yes well then I Completely disagree. We can Not progress into a Utopia. Nothing new under the sun my friend. You know the Egyptians had Electricity right.!?

The usage you say is essentially Monsanto and every other wicked conglomerate, I mean "savior" conglomerate that Only wants to "help the world" but Of Course make a profit while doing it and creating Poisons. They promote a Culture of Death, Not life.

And Because of the over abundance of GMO crops infesting the Heirloom pollination and genetics of varieties that were grown for thousands of years, NATURAL Varieties that Each have their own attributes from drought resistance to nematode resistance, we are Now having a massage resurgence of Heirloom crops Ones that have been I existence for thousands of years. Ones that don't need round up and the multitude of other chemicals.

These new "evolved" species have Developed More problems than they were preventing. That's why the new "super bugs and weeds" are popping up on the new Monofarms and guess what they have to go back to old time work of pulling shit up and killing By Hand!

And I like your "cure" for cancer. How many generations should it take? Should we just start a Genetics Commission and have elected, I mean Selected "officials" tell me and you who to marry, I mean "procreate" because marriage is just white mans way of keeping people down right.?!

If someone had a susceptibility to Cancer or Disease and the other didn't, from Everything I've seen the cancer or disease Usually IS A DOMINANT GENE and and will win over the Recessive genes giving the child the disease or cancer.

But that's what "free" healthcare is for right, I mean free "insurance". I REFUSE to buy insurance, because the only thing I'm insuring is that I WILL get sick. I Am paying for a disaster To happen! JESUS CHRIST IS THE GREAT PHYSICIAN and HE Is my insurance.

Oh sorry I know that since HE is mention this post will be immediately deleted. Don't want any of those peaceful migrants violently attacking the thcfarmer servers!
DUDE!!!!! I HEAR YOU.. And i agree with you about the politicians controlling the evil scientist, and GMO"s AND all the corruption, using intellect for selfish intentions….But just know that all scientist aren't evil or on some politicians payroll, out here practicing (evil science).. YES!! (PLENTY OF THEM ARE) practicing science fro the wrong reasons.. and keeping certain secret findings and discoveries to themselves instead of sharing what was learned… BUT THERE ARE ALSO PLENTY OF SCIENTIST AND FARMERS WHO ARE DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY, AND IMPROVING UPON THINGS for the betterment of man and life on this planet as a whole,.. ….. (only when you love what you do can it truly be improved upon)…AND THERE ARE PLENTY HIGHLY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD DOING JUST THAT….[my philosophy,] take it or leave it. Just because a man or a woman has cancer doesn't mean every last one of his or her offspring will absolutely have cancer… i'm spiritual not religious…. i don't have a problem with religious people.. if anything, religious folk usually have problem with me… on that note,, i wish you nothing but peace, love, strength and guidance along your travels… Godspeed!!!!

Last edited:
cannakis

cannakis

DUDE!!!!! I HEAR YOU.. And i agree with you about the politicians controlling the evil scientist, and GMO"s AND all the corruption, using intellect for selfish intentions….But just know that all scientist aren't evil or on some politicians payroll, out here practicing (evil science).. YES!! (PLENTY OF THEM ARE) practicing science fro the wrong reasons.. and keeping certain secret findings and discoveries to themselves instead of sharing what was learned… BUT THERE ARE ALSO PLENTY OF SCIENTIST AND FARMERS WHO ARE DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY, AND IMPROVING UPON THINGS for the betterment of man and life on this planet as a whole,.. ….. (only when you love what you do can it truly be improved upon)…AND THERE ARE PLENTY HIGHLY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD DOING JUST THAT….[my philosophy,] take it or leave it. Just because a man or a woman has cancer doesn't mean every last one of his or her offspring will absolutely have cancer… i'm spiritual not religious…. i don't have a problem with religious people.. if anything, religious folk usually have problem with me… on that note,, i wish you nothing but peace, love, strength and guidance along your travels… Godspeed!!!!
Amen brother! I love that so true! I completely agree just as there are Good Servants in every position of life. That's why I thank GOD for Forums and the Internet, and ole Nikola Tesla, none of this would be possible without His inventions, Not that Edison. But open source is what it's about, that's how you know their Good people. Benjamin Franklin didn't patent a single invention because he wanted it available to Everyone. Haha and Tesla patented everything because those greedy bastards would have stolen it from him and the people.

And amen! yes religion is rules and traditions, JESUS CHRIST broke the veil and fulfilled the law now there's No need for such repetition of tradition, we are to love GOD and love others, that's it. And we are blessed with HIS HOLY SPIRIT to Counsel us and Comfort us, THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH. But Now I'm getting off topic ; ) !

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

This is one of those chicken and egg things that has no end . when i was younger i used to smoke allot more . yes there is a wider variety of strains today . but with so many variables in the end result of the loved bud . the argument is Mute . I smoked skunk back 20 yrs ago that is way better than any skunk ive come across today . Gentics gentic drift stable strains old seed always grow slower and once refreshed pick up vigor . Around and around we go . IMO alot of taste and satisfaction (soul) is gone in alot of modern hybrids . 20yrs ago strains were very different and u know the strain from taste smell sensation . with so many kush and og crosses diffinative distinctions are getting harder to try . I think someone mentioned this but 20 -30 yrs ago a majority of weed was outdoors now the indoor probably supplys more . u can use infa red boosters and what not But outdoor weed is stronger no IMO just is . A indica smoker given a well grown outdoor bud of sativa ( good gentics) may have a hard time with the explosion of power they encounter . peace respect to all . And outdoor bud rules roflmao .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Actually i always go back to this 1986 chem dog paid $500 for an ounce !!!!! would like a bud out of that bag but we can only assume it was fucking good .

ken dog

ken dog

If you want to grow good quality Bud, get yourself a good light, good environment, some CO2, and grow indoors.

Top Bottom