Sister plants.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Few of my auto's going on here, starting to get close. They are actually seeded plants, but I will invariably smoke them, but will keep the seeds, as it will fill a current need. I've got about 6 to 8 different strains auto flowering strains here, but not all the pictures turned out well. Here are the ones that did.

Sister plants
Sister plants 2
Sister plants 3
Sister plants 4
Sister plants 5
Sister plants 6
Sister plants 7
Sister plants 8
Sister plants 9
Sister plants 10
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

what i'm interested in....

what medium?
what grow lights?
how big/tall plants?
what yield?
how it tasted?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

what medium?
what grow lights?
how big/tall plants?
what yield?
how it tasted?

The medium is soil (I use foxfarms "frog") highly fortified with azomite soil mineralizer and mykos extreme, I use rapid start in the beginning, I also use an adhoc organic/chemical fert regime, of various kelp, mackrel, (fish fert), micro, root drench, sledge hammer (bush doctor) until flower, then I switch to using mineralized bat guano, in conjunction with foxfarms (open-sesame, big-bud and Cha-Ching) and at the very end, overdrive. (and does of cal-mag, as needed).

As for lights, they are Roleadro HYG05-200X10W-2W Galaxyhydro series 2000 Full Spectrum with Uv & Ir (Some of my older LED's, but decent ones).

Regarding height, these are all autoflowers, and they are very short quick growing plants, at 2 to 3 foot tall. (slight variation with genetics)

Yield is irrelevant on this run, because these are being grown strictly to increase my seed and genetic diversity. ie. Future crop development, (and inventory) so the bud created here is quite simply a secondary consideration, however, I'm always working to increase potency, and technique.

Taste?, These are still at minimum, a few weeks from checking that one, the smell is obviously different for each of the various strains I have going on here. Blue Berry auto, Blue Dream auto, Moby Dick XXL auto, AK47 auto, Unknown auto #1, Unknown auto #2, Critical Kush auto, Sweet Tooth auto, Wipe Out Express auto, VC charlie photoperiod and there might be a Bubba Kush photoperiod in there somewhere.

But the smell appears excellent, and varies much from plant to plant.

I've started de-humifying the house daily (once daily, 5 gal of water), as I like to do that at this point in flowering, I think it helps potency, flavor, and trichome production. (It also promotes vigor, and reduces pest problems). So it's going from say 50-70% down to the 20% and back up again, daily. The evenings here have been nice and cool, so that's a plus.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

what medium?
what grow lights?
how big/tall plants?
what yield?
how it tasted?

Here is the main objective, high quality, high virility, diverse, feminized and highly stable genetics. BIG healthy seeds that pop 10/10 times.

Auto Strains are the future buddy, Just like LED's, they are just starting to reach their potentials.

IMG 20200622 143126   Copy
IMG 20200622 192703   Copy
Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I run nothing but autos right now , I admire your grow but sadly disagree with that statement , autos I love , but are not the way of the future most quality growers would like to abolish them

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I run nothing but autos right now , I admire your grow but sadly disagree with that statement , autos I love , but are not the way of the future most quality growers would like to abolish them

Yea, I"m not trying to say one's "more preferable" to the other, certainly photoperiods are superior in many ways. That said, for outside growing, especially in various places around the country (I've lived all over the country) auto's have a distinct advantage.

They can be harvested in June, July or Aug as opposed to waiting for the right amounts of sunlight to induce flowering, when many of the places (like here in Seattle) get very rainy, and mold/mildew becomes a major problem. Also, in places like the mississippi river valley, they can be planted in "mud flats" created by the river each year, (simple as sowing seeds) and harvested before late summer.

Their only going to get better as time goes, so I could see a day when the quality/size might potentially be on par with other photoperiods.

There are a lot of unknowns, before the dust settles, but just like LED's everything is evolving...

These are all heavily seeded, but still look pretty amazing IMO. Even though they were placed a little too tightly together. These have all created f1's seed stock with various auto strains I've acquired while crossing them with a landrace. These are being back-crossed, with feminized (photoperiod afgan kush) pollen this time around... (for stability, and hopefully increased potency). They are remarkably stable plants.

IMG 20200707 181430 1   Copy
IMG 20200707 181449 1   Copy
IMG 20200707 181513 1   Copy
IMG 20200707 181536 1   Copy
IMG 20200707 181549 1   Copy
IMG 20200707 181828 1   Copy
IMG 20200707 181845 1   Copy
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

What's your rationale for only growing auto's at this point?

Top Bottom