Sixstrings Led Cob Builds

• Thread starter sixstring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tpahydroguy

real nice build man :cool:
Thanks, built 2 of these for a couple 2x4 tents with RDWC grows in them. Used 3500k cobs, larger sink and cut the frame on a miter saw. The frame has screen slots so I used them to hide my wires in and the main wiring is all hidden inside the frame. Finished a grow in each tent so far and LOVE using cobs now. Plenty of build sites to show how it's done. Had a problem with 1 in that it kept throwing the breaker. Tore it apart and found a bare spot on a wire touching frame. Fixed it and no more issues. Power bill is lower too.

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
@sixstring bro I have been looking at some PLC gear the 6.2. It’s not on their website which chips they run. What’s the difference in their lights and the diy ones we did.

I run 350 watts of Cree 3590’s. The driver is 400 watt capable.
E676DAE4 BA1D 4821 A209 2CD5772BDE80

Love ur shit on QB’s. Keep doing ur thang.

sixstring

sixstring

@sixstring bro I have been looking at some PLC gear the 6.2. It’s not on their website which chips they run. What’s the difference in their lights and the diy ones we did.

I run 350 watts of Cree 3590’s. The driver is 400 watt capable.
View attachment 839671
Love ur shit on QB’s. Keep doing ur thang.

Nice setup. Plc is using the higher voltage veros now,best bang for your buck plus they run real well at 100w or less.where the cree shines at 50w or less , Vero does it at like 120w down to 50w. Would love to get my hands on that 6.2, you should email plc if you really want that fixture. I believe they are in production now as qell as the 300w bars

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Yea the bars are sweet. That 6.2 was looking hard to beat. Just got me thinking how I could beef up my light. I’m getting a ich lol. Cree is good 50 watt down. Would u suggest adding another cob? Which meanwell driver would u use at 120v. As always thx bro

sixstring

sixstring

Well at 120v I think the best 3 drivers are 185,240,and 320 . But it's been a while since I looked at data sheets.i wanna say the first 2 don't drop much but the 320 loses a bit more unless it's used on 240v
Yeah I have the plc 420 and it rocks,I would imagine the 6.2 is bright as fuck

stonestacker

stonestacker

How's it going no longer a mod Six?
I always miss the shit show.
Probably a good thing.
It seems like we just keep running people off.
To many snowflakes...

stiffneck

stiffneck

Nice setup. Plc is using the higher voltage veros now,best bang for your buck plus they run real well at 100w or less.where the cree shines at 50w or less , Vero does it at like 120w down to 50w. Would love to get my hands on that 6.2, you should email plc if you really want that fixture. I believe they are in production now as qell as the 300w bars

I love mine. They are THE SHIT. I want three more. :)

IMG 20180228 083612
stanfiem

stanfiem

Hey I am sorry to bother you but i am looking at using some CLU048 97cri 4000k (I saw you hate citizen chips. I wanted to basically do the same thing you are doing. I wanted to mount them to some aluminum heat sinks. I was wondering which would be the best driver I can run series or parallel depending on the driver I select I guess. and i have 14 currently to play with in a 4x4x10. No budget.

I dont want to use all 14 in the tent unless you think there could be some advantage. I am going to eventually scale up i have a 12x12x20 room to play with.

If you are not aware of this particular chip: approx.
test current at 1080ma 6500lm
max current 2700ma
max voltage 57v
max wattage 175w

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/clu048-1812-97cri-4000k-and-add-spectrum-qs.100983/

F

FreeTheBud

I have really enjoyed reading this thread, lot's of ideas! Thank you to all who have contributed, I am sad to see that the postings on this thread have slowed way down. This is my third grow, indoors, and every time, like anybody with this as a hobby, I am constantly upgrading. It is because of threads like this one that led me to HLG and their Quantum Boards. I have four of the QB288 V2 triple combos. Two of the QB96 Elite V2 Engine's on a light mover. Those QB96's are f-ing bright. In second week of flower, stretch is starting to pick up. Things look good so far.

DSC 5989
DSC 5991
DSC 5994
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have really enjoyed reading this thread, lot's of ideas! Thank you to all who have contributed, I am sad to see that the postings on this thread have slowed way down. This is my third grow, indoors, and every time, like anybody with this as a hobby, I am constantly upgrading. It is because of threads like this one that led me to HLG and their Quantum Boards. I have four of the QB288 V2 triple combos. Two of the QB96 Elite V2 Engine's on a light mover. Those QB96's are f-ing bright. In second week of flower, stretch is starting to pick up. Things look good so far.
Great setup you ave there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom