Slow growth and spots in leaves, root rot?

• Thread starter Tris
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tris

Gonna need more info on the pool shock what when how much.

In a sterile res the levels must be maintained. H2O2, chlorine, they all need to be continuously added through the grow.

Nutes do not discolor roots as I have seen posted many times. Roots do become discolored with chemicals used to sterilize, it doesn’t just kill bacteria they also kill plant cells. Balance is the key. Too much and you impact root function too little and you get root rot.
I wish I was able to give you such info, the product I am using was recommended by many growers from my country (I began to ask random people I saw posted content about hydroponics on Instagram). However the manufacturer doesn't give a lot of information about its composition, they said it's a saline solution of Mg, Ca, and Na "and others". They give a dose of 1-4 ML per 10L of water, and recommend reapplying every 5-7 days if temp is below 23°C or 3-4 if it's above.
So far my roots seem to be a bit less brown, and I'm seeing new white roots growing from both the basket and from the main root.
However one of my plants sill has the burnt leave. And I see a slower growth than the other one.
I'm not filtering water, using it straight from the tap, and I live in a big city. I'm thinking that I should get at least a carbon filter to remove some clhorine.
I have diluted the Nute solution with some plain, pH regulated water and they seem a bit happier.

T

Tris

Gonna need more info on the pool shock what when how much.

In a sterile res the levels must be maintained. H2O2, chlorine, they all need to be continuously added through the grow.

Nutes do not discolor roots as I have seen posted many times. Roots do become discolored with chemicals used to sterilize, it doesn’t just kill bacteria they also kill plant cells. Balance is the key. Too much and you impact root function too little and you get root rot.
This is the plant now, the leaf with the spot is now dead, should I cut it? Is there a way to do so?
I see lots of new roots touching the water now, and the new growth seems a bit healthier, although there is a dead spot in one small leaf that's growing.
What are your thoughts.
Thanks
20220417 221131
20220417 221209

augdawg507

augdawg507

This is the plant now, the leaf with the spot is now dead, should I cut it? Is there a way to do so?
I see lots of new roots touching the water now, and the new growth seems a bit healthier, although there is a dead spot in one small leaf that's growing.
What are your thoughts.
ThanksView attachment 1236893View attachment 1236894
Cut away dead leaves. They are simply a waste of energy for the plant. You do this with every type of gardening, not just cannabis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom