Slow Growth and yellow leaves

• Thread starter Bim024
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bim024

Hi Guys,
Thank you all for the Tips and Tricks you gave me, because when I looked in the Grow Box today my little Pricess looked like this. I think it looks a lot better than two days ago. Yes the leaves are still yellow and the cotyledon are as good as dead. But I see some Progress and I think the little seedling will survive.
The bottle looked quite dry so I sprayed it again and as you guys recommended I sprayed the soil a little bit too.
Of course I hope from this point on I won't be that dumb and won't have as many problems again.

For any of you who are interested what will happen next, I will post the Progress here.

Thanks y'all 🙏

20231113 074016
20231113 073944
Last edited:
B

Bim024

Ok, I am back earlier than I wanted. But now I am just confused. So yesterday I sprayed some water in the Bottle and on the soil again. And today morning the first set of leaves were dropping a little bit and the second set of leaves were curling upwards. I know that the leaves "look" up in the direction of the light, but usually they don't curl towards that.
Is this some light or heat stress? Does anyone know ?

20231114 061436
20231114 062108
C

chitownglass

Too much light it looks like. She's praying too hard. Also that medium just doesn't look right. I think it needs more perlite and has way too much wood chips in it. Doesn't look very rich imo.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ok, I am back earlier than I wanted. But now I am just confused. So yesterday I sprayed some water in the Bottle and on the soil again. And today morning the first set of leaves were dropping a little bit and the second set of leaves were curling upwards. I know that the leaves "look" up in the direction of the light, but usually they don't curl towards that.
Is this some light or heat stress? Does anyone know ?
IMG 9481

N

namnam

Yeah I know you said that before. The Temps are in the 25°C-26°C. Humidity was raised (I don't have a humiditymeter, so I don't have a exact number). And the Light was set on the lowest setting, about 7.500 Lux. And today I raised the lights a bit higher. So the light is hopefully not as strong as before.
It's a very good investment instead of guessing. 🙂 At that temp. I would have around 70 in humidity at this stage.

B

Bim024

It's a very good investment instead of guessing. 🙂 At that temp. I would have around 70 in humidity at this stage.
I know and I probably will buy some humiditymeter really soon.
I really wanted to begin growing as fast as I could, so I didn't inform myself good enough, what I really need. And now because of that I fuck up my first grow 🥲

N

namnam

I really wanted to begin growing as fast as I could, so I didn't inform myself good enough, what I really need. And now because of that I fuck up my first grow 🥲
Almost every one fuck up the first grow..😉🤛 environment is key for a good start. Keep low on nutrients/water and light. Light can be a bit hard to figure out without experience with the light. Unless you have something that measure it correct. But they don't need much light in the start and if they stretch at this stage. The need more light. Keep in mind that DLI (daylight intensity) also is important. How many hours of light compared to the amount of light. There is a app called ppfd meter and you can get a uni-t ut383 bt luxmeter. It's the cheapest way to get a ok reading of the amount of light and DLI. It's not perfect but still a good tool unless you want to spend alot more money. 🙂

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

no you learned a method of how not to grow. We’ve all done it.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Rule of thumb for most soils... don't need to feed a seedling for at least 30 days... some can go 45 days before needing nutes

B

Bim024

A quick question:
Do you guys use humidifiers or dehumidifiers? If yes, which would you recommend for a small growing space?
If not, how do you control the humidity in your growtent?

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

A quick question:
Do you guys use humidifiers or dehumidifiers? If yes, which would you recommend for a small growing space?
Humidifiers or dehumidifiers, whichever your set up requires, are a must have unless you're outdoors. I don't have any recommendations but I'm using a Vornado humidifier from khols. It works wonders only con is I'm having to purchase and replace the water filter. Try to find one that doesn't need replacing parts besides replacing the water lol youtube product reviews and you get to see the units in use in real time and get some nice feedback. Don't forget to get a thermostat/hygrometer meter first to determine whether it's the humidifier or dehumidifiers you need. Where i live the weather affects this where some days are dry and some humid. It's best to purchase one that gives a daily high low reading, really helps to know the swing. Mine can read high 60% but can show currently low 45% in the same day, could mean my water res for the humidifier is low or too many door and windows open. It's awesome to have these gadgets. They are like workers you don't have to pay and they stand there watching your crop all day. Unless you wanna do that 😂

Last edited:
N

namnam

A quick question:
I use dehumidifier and humidifier (the first weeks) My dehumidifier (20l/24h)is with a HEPA air filter. But it also add some heat. So keep that in mind. 🤛

Madbud

Madbud

A quick question:
I use a small ultrasonic or a wick style one. Never have a problem with white powder residue (calcium) with either one. If i see a top fill model i might buy it, filling a one or two gallon reservoir bottle from the faucet is a pita everyday.
Plant looks good so far👍

Top Bottom