Slow Growth ,Slight Wilt, And Wrinkles ??? HELP!!!

• Thread starter MCDOOGLE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MCDOOGLE

Ive got 4 plants, 2 different Strains and 5 weeks old. Started from seed in 1" cube Transplanted into 4" cube. I am feeding 3 times a day 100ml shots. 2 hours after light comes on, mid day, and 2 hours before light shuts off. 18hr light cycle Growers choice ROIe720 that i started out at 25% and have moved it up 35% at height of 36 inches above top of plants. Using full line Athena Blended nutrients. IPM w/ stack drench twice a week during dark times.
Nutrient solution RO water EC 1.6 Temp 68F. Ph 5.6
Tent Temp 76-78F 45% humidity. Good airflow Battling humidity.
No co2 but have fresh outside air
The Plants have weird wrinkles on leaves and plants are droopy some times and seem to have slowed to a crawl in Growth I wonder if I am over watering or under watering?? By 3rd feed 10% run off is achieved. I also topped one plant to experiment Maybe too early. i also weigh before feed usually some where around 120 grams betwwen feeds and 220 grams after each feed of 100 ml They seem to be drinking between feeds. Run off Ec is 3.0- 3.3 after 3rd feed.
Slow growth slight wilt and wrinkles  help
Slow growth slight wilt and wrinkles  help 2
Slow growth slight wilt and wrinkles  help 3
Slow growth slight wilt and wrinkles  help 4
Slow growth slight wilt and wrinkles  help 5
Slow growth slight wilt and wrinkles  help 6

tobh

tobh

Supporter
you also are having too much dryback. your runoff is entirely too high, bump up your volumes a bit. max you should be seeing 1.8 EC coming out in runoff. that high of runoff EC indicates too much tension in the media and the plants can't uptake the water they're asking for.

M

MCDOOGLE

Thank you all very much I appreciate the input. @tobh so I've bumped temps up to 82 and humidity to 65 and added 50ml to each watering ill adjust water per needed after measuring EC runoff. thank you all for the help I'll be back in a couple days to tell everyone how it's going. @GNick55 @PK1 Thank you

M

MCDOOGLE

@PK1 @GNick55 @tobh So after a day already see improvement learned to condition the room the tent is in so the environment is equal. Seems to work for me I’m at a steady 81 and 63% so vpd is around 1.32 I going to try and get it to .94 to .76 and see what that gets me. Runoff is around 2.1 now switched to 2 waterings a day 150ml dryback seems good. Should I be cutting off all this lower foliage now or just let it go ? I trimmed a couple big leaves because of the vpd issues which may have hurt me but it’s trial and error all I have is time. The strain is girl crush and the great both photo hybrids thanks for everyone’s help I know it won’t be the last time needed

10C2D1AD 3AC6 449B 91E8 75A93AE6CA7A
5AAC514B 083B 4505 97CD 4200AB3CD338
B1DFD72D 995D 4C5C 82FB E19E1EC8E21E
791882E0 008B 4B07 AC47 1271BC4DBE0F
ADC3D139 53BA 4B80 B827 D18E0F4B603D
F23D6ACE D4FC 405E 9AA4 5714BF2CEF77
FAA5443E 5DAE 4E2F 8FB8 83F0928264C7
DE696DFB 34C8 44B7 8B72 A77A2398A6DD
833EF85A 55D0 42AE 8D4B 843BF5D03DBC
69F55444 71DC 4C79 96B2 3E99CEF1F4C1
324779AF 8CE6 45F4 BD55 2A008DE8CA86
PK1

PK1

Supporter
here is a chart i try to follow to get the temps and humidity right.
How much are you feeding that the runoff is 2,2ec? That's quiet high number for this stage if its correct. Try grabbing a syringe and remove some water from the cube and test the water that you are taking out of the rockwool. The cubes need proper drybacks and feeding.

I notice that my smaller plants in 4" cube need watering every five days while my bigger plant in 4" cube needs water everyday.

Plant enviroment
M

MCDOOGLE

here is a chart i try to follow to get the temps and humidity right.
How much are you feeding that the runoff is 2,2ec? That's quiet high number for this stage if its correct. Try grabbing a syringe and remove some water from the cube and test the water that you are taking out of the rockwool. The cubes need proper drybacks and feeding.

I notice that my smaller plants in 4" cube need watering every five days while my bigger plant in 4" cube needs water everyday.
Im at 1.6 ec feeding twice a day 150ml i may wait a couple days since my dry back was too much from my vpd issue I may have had a salt build up run off was 3.0 - 3.2. I will be testing today at last feed. every 5 days? What volume are you feeding them? maybe I'm confused about dryness of the blocks or just let the blocks dry out too much from the get but I don't think my plants will survive 5 days. If your right it would explain the issues I'm having. no better way than trying it out on one of them. I am Waiting on a flood and drain bucket system to show up its apparenlty "stuck at the port". so, my top watering knowledge may be for nothing because flooding from bottom is going to change things dramatically.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I don't know how much roots there are in the cubes and my seven days was an example on my seedlings. I also mention my bigger plants need water everyday.
I find a good practice is to pick the rockwool up after it is watered to see how heavy it is and than let it dry back and fine tune this timing so that the rockwool is never too wet and or too dry.
I'm actually working on this right now myself

M

MCDOOGLE

I don't know how much roots there are in the cubes and my seven days was an example on my seedlings. I also mention my bigger plants need water everyday.
I find a good practice is to pick the rockwool up after it is watered to see how heavy it is and than let it dry back and fine tune this timing so that the rockwool is never too wet and or too dry.
I'm actually working on this right now myself
took your idea of syringe and got some water to my surprise meter skyrocketed to orr past 5.0!!!!!! quick meter cal test its good. Im lost!! i upped my volume of 100ml to 150ml to flush the cube out better it somehow it made things worse. i guess worst part is i just did the last watering of the day. if i flush with ph'd ro water will i just overwater it at this point or its it my only option? in past experiences things havent moved so slow. the stems on these are 3/8" wide too and only 10 in tall seems to be just me causing the issues the plants are hanging in there doing thier best. @tobh @PK1

PK1

PK1

Supporter
took your idea of syringe and got some water to my surprise meter skyrocketed to orr past 5.0!!!!!! quick meter cal test its good. Im lost!! i upped my volume of 100ml to 150ml to flush the cube out better it somehow it made things worse. i guess worst part is i just did the last watering of the day. if i flush with ph'd ro water will i just overwater it at this point or its it my only option? in past experiences things havent moved so slow. the stems on these are 3/8" wide too and only 10 in tall seems to be just me causing the issues the plants are hanging in there doing thier best. @tobh @PK1
apperently you can't overwater rockwool. also, 150ml is not much i would assume for that stage of your plant if it has allot of roots.
Your mixture should be about 1ec i would say and ph at 5.5/5.9 and flush the rockwool until your run off is the same as your input. Than do a syringe test and see where the levels are at again and that's just to be sure. I do have to admit that your plants do look good so 5ec sounds a bit wrong

M

MCDOOGLE

is this calibrated properly?
it measures 2.7 in the 2.7 solution. maybe my understanding of rockwool isnt correct or im overthinking it myself . by the last watering i should have 10% runoff correct?? i dont know where i heard that but it sounded right to me and i figured it would be a start. that's what i based my volumes on really once i moved them into the 4" cubes. my understanding of it may be leading to excess dry backs causing tension in media and high ec runoff. when i upped the volumes it wasnt enough and pushed everything to bottom of cube is my guess. man what a ride!!! but its enjoyable to say the least . im going to figure out if you can overwater rockwool today and ill let you know lol!!

M

MCDOOGLE

if i followed that run off rule do you think it would be 10% of the last 150ml shot or 10% of the total 3 shots. ive been going off 10% of the last shot which might be my issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom