Slow re-veg of the stable yields fresh seed order and grow log.

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

Can I see some closeups of your Jillybean?
No problem, Sea.
DSCN3903 DSCN3905 DSCN3906
She is a strange girl.
Doesn't seem to want to finish, and those leaves just wave all over the place.
I have a good clone from her, and look froward to growing it out again to see if I get the same structure.
I also am very hopeful that I like this flower as much as others report.
Just now saw her on a list of "favorite flowers" in a thread here.

Dunge

Dunge

P.S. Here is the Jillybean clone.
No leaf strangeness at this stage.
DSCN3907

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No problem, Sea.
View attachment 404546 View attachment 404548 View attachment 404549
She is a strange girl.
Doesn't seem to want to finish, and those leaves just wave all over the place.
I have a good clone from her, and look froward to growing it out again to see if I get the same structure.
I also am very hopeful that I like this flower as much as others report.
Just now saw her on a list of "favorite flowers" in a thread here.
Thanks for those close-up shots there. That's exactly how she grew for me in the great Sierra Nevada outdoors from seed. Blown out buds, I pretty much hate her. I'm going to just strip down the whole plant, jam that into a bucket and dump a shitload of Everclear on top of that, then cook it off. I can't say she smokes all that great, either. My Larry Berry, though? Oh man! (Lemon Larry x Blueberry) The Lemon Taffy and Mandarin Fog, and the The White x Pimpslap, oh, and the Agent Orange x LSD? All wonderful ladies, really good-to-great smoke (the AO x LSD), all performed very well given their late start.

Dunge

Dunge

All of the seed plants are cut and curing. (harvested over three weeks)
DSCN3920
Early testing is problematic in that they all seem very good, for a wet taste.
I'm trying to come up with a better way of evaluating smoke tests.
I had an experience last week where I handed a joint to a friend, and it went around the fire pit before coming to me.
It was pre98BubbaKush, and this gave me a chance to smell it as clearly as ever before.
I still don't have the brain or vocabulary to describe the smell, but that's another problem.
Once I sample, I am so saturated that I can no longer be a reliable reporter.
This suggests a 'third party observer' method of smell testing.
When attempting to note efficacy, I will often select a line to smoke for the day exclusively.
Harshness and bad tastes are never hard to identify, but we don't grow that shit, so judging between the very good is hard.
The smaller plants hanging have taught me the folly of sending plants to flower before they have a chance to fully root their pots.
The clear winners in the plant structure and bud size test are two Rocky Mountain High, and two Train Wreck plants.

All the slow re-veg plants are firing on all cylinders, and a little over one week under 12/12.
DSCN3916ann
This picture also shows a few additional trials I'm working on in different threads.
First is the hempy bucket grow in the front right. (This is the only plant in flower that was not a re-veg.)
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...grow-results-from-compelling-testimony.62885/
The second trial is the two other front row plants.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/how-valuable-is-my-tea-in-super-soil.63548/
They are matched clones with the one on the left getting water only while the rest will get tea through harvest.

Subscribe now and don't miss the fun.

Dunge

Dunge

7 weeks 12/12.
Two weeks to harvest.
DSCN3988
This will be a big harvest so long as I can keep the buds off the floor.

One thing I have learned is that some of these re-veg stems need lots of external fixation (stakes & pipe cleaners).
The stems are not as strong as an un-compromised plant.

Dunge

Dunge

A long thread drags it's ass across the finish line.
DSCN4034

All in all the re-veg saved some valued plants, but look at the time it took.
It's July! Some of this shit was re-vegging in February.
So that's the story of slow re-veg.
It's slow.

Top Bottom