Slow re-veg of the stable yields fresh seed order and grow log.

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

Slow re veg of the stable yields fresh seed order and grow log
This first pic shows my entire keeper family.
Current keepers are still Alien Rock Candy, White Fire.
Provisional keepers are THCBomb, WhiteWidow X Skunk, & BlueVenom. I was forced to take these cuts after the plants had gone three weeks into flower. It's been a month and these clones are rooted and slowly growing re-veg. The slow progress on this critical cloning task caused me to panic thinking that I may have lost my entire stock. I did loose my pre98 Bubba Kush that had been in my garden for over two years. I loved that plant, but never could get much of a yield.
I bought some seeds from meduser in Vancouver and started many of them over the course of two weeks.

1/22&28/2014 ...4 BubbaKush X DC by Cannacopia
........................5 UBC Chemo (wide) by Woodhorse
........................4 JillyBean by TGA
........................7 DeepPurple by TGA
........................4 Rocky Mt. High by Motarebel
........................4 TrainWreck X WilliamsWonder by Motarebel
I mistakenly reported to Chris that the LillyBean were dead, but it turns out that two of them did make it, though very slowly.
So pictures 2 & 3 demonstrate an effort to bring all the seedlings to the same level of development by moving the smaller plants into the flower space daily in order to speed up growth. This is working nicely, and I think another week or two and I will have them all the same size.
Slow re veg of the stable yields fresh seed order and grow log 2 Slow re veg of the stable yields fresh seed order and grow log 3
When a plant gets as big as the others, it is placed in slow veg with the others.
I'm intending to top at 5th node and veg these until my flower space opens up in about ten weeks. I will be culling males and attempting to keep the plants even by augmenting light on smaller plants for what is looking to me like a long veg.
Slow re veg of the stable yields fresh seed order and grow log 4
This is a shot of the flower area at seven weeks. I'll probably harvest at 9 or ten weeks.

So in review we have a two part log: slow re-veg and long veg seedlings.

I the future I will individually identify the seedlings we can share in the effort to identify morphological identifiers of the different lines. The easy ones at this stage are the UCB Chemo and JillyBean.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Looking good man, I wish I had a few of those strains in my stable , nice work .

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

Yah me too!!

Nice strains man,gonna be a good show...
Good work on the babies getting them going!
Lg

Dunge

Dunge

Two week update.
On the subject of the slow reveg a reminder that these cuttings were taken when the plant had been under flowering conditions for over two weeks, so each cutting had that characteristic white floret of pistols.
The cuttings rooted normally but reveg was very slow. At my original post the clones were six weeks from cutting and the primary production was smooth edged single leafs all curled up and growing in thicket form about the stem. At this writing, five plants (upper right) had started growing normal veg so I trimmed all the clutter away and all but one seem to be taking the shave well.
At this point they are eight weeks from cutting and normal growth still seems a distant prospect for some of these.
DSCN3816

The girl on the extreme left can be seen to have normal growth and will get trimmed up next. As you can see, all the flower parts have been subsumed by reveg tissue.

Next are the seedlings.
I'll include a full spread of thumbnails with the thought that morphological features might be traced to their origins.
DSCN3806 DSCN3807
DSCN3808 DSCN3809
DSCN3810 DSCN3811
DSCN3812 DSCN3813
Labels are obvious and mostly visible in most cases.
I up-potted today into super soil.
DSCN3814
Here is another shot of that last tray containing the smaller seedlings still playing catch-up under brighter lighting.
So many pictures, why not one more.
My gardening pall Pixie.
20140131 145723

Dunge

Dunge

Forced to take an unexpected direction with the garden.
I am starting a flower cycle today and decided to force my seedlings to show their stuff earlier than planned. It's this, or face an over-crowded veg space in two months.
As the seedlings are un-sexed, I will probably up-pot the girls as they show.
I would like them much bigger, sexed, and ready to take cuttings from.
Recent success with re-veg has encouraged me to run these seeds to completion, then re-veg any I wish to run again. Starting these seeds was impulsive and now I pay for it.

To the log:
DSCN3823

Re-veg is coming along.
Larger plants on left are trimmed and placed outside center lighting to slow them down a bit.
Re-veg tissue is packed tightly about the stem in many cases. I lost one plant trimming this veg. Shocking.

This is the too full confusion starting flower.
DSCN3824ann

Two mite damaged WhiteWiddowxSkunk are in there as a personal challenge. This particular mite is being kept in check with Neem soap, Caps foliar, and a few 50% isopropyl sprays.
The Rock Candy is a proven favorite and should put on a great show.
AKX are two clones that came back to the garden from a test grow of seeds off last summers big Haze male and a favorite Kush keeper. The mothers to these plants put out some wicked flowers. We are still trying to figure out how good it is. Strong cerebral, very amusing, and floaty body. How's that for a description?

For the record: seedlings on the grow.
DSCN3826ann DSCN3827ann DSCN3828ann

Dunge

Dunge

Did a bit of pruning today and thought to attempt a before and after.
The one I lost was about this level of pruning. The sealant could have saved her.
DSCN3830 DSCN3831 DSCN3832
This re-veg flower cutting is over two months old.
Growth should proceed normally form here out.

Dunge

Dunge

Re-veg cuttings are all at 11 weeks from cutting. (Cut taken at three weeks flower)
Three retards are showing new growth, but not enough for me to feel safe trimming off all the junk tissue. The big one was harboring mites. Neem detergent spray seems to have reduced them.
All but these three have made it through into nicely vegging plants.
DSCN3834

All of the bigger plants here are re-veg winners.
DSCN3835

Ten female seedlings were placed into flower at six weeks age.
All of the flowering plants have been under 12/12 for three weeks now.
Flower development is as expected, with the smaller seedlings being behind a bit.
DSCN3838ann

I ran into a 'new to me' sexing phenomena with the seedlings.
Ordinarily I expect to see male stamen growth as a single pod growing from the stem and cull it quickly. In this case there were three seedlings that grew one of these pods, but the plants are clearly mostly female. I have removed the offending male organs and plan to keep a close eye on these plants for any further sign of sexual ambiguity.

All in all I'm satisfied with this garden. Humidity is a bit low, and I can find a live mite if I look hard enough. I made it through the previous flower cycle by keeping mite populations low enough so they don't seem to hurt (much).

Vigilance looking for mites and nanners will be the theme for the next six weeks.

Last edited:
Dunge

Dunge

I hope this works. I have inserted the url of my 'before' picture, and here hope to display it against my 'after' shot.

DSCN3839

Well, that didn't work.

Last edited:
Dunge

Dunge

First up is a two week update on the slow re-veg remainders, now 13 weeks from cutting
DSCN3845

Lots of new growth, but they still look like crap.

DSCN3843

The flower space is 5 weeks into 12/12.
Some buds are fattening up better than others.

This is a Rock Candy bud shot.
DSCN3844

Room looks on track for a nine week harvest. (4 more weeks)

All re-veg plants will be ready for flower after next harvest.
Gnats and mites are being held in check via environment, biologic, and entrapment methods.

Dunge

Dunge

Good day farmers.
If I were writing this tomorrow, this will be a two week update.
Plants in flower are at 7 weeks 12/12.
DSCN3848
This is my big Alien Rock Candy that I am counting on to make this a good stash grow.
DSCN3850
All others are experimental or unknowns.
After harvest I will attempt to explore details of each of the seed grows.
DSCN3847ann
I have attempted to circle the "slow re-veg" most slow girls.
They are still well behind all the other re-veg, but will be ready to go into flower in 2-3 weeks.

DSCN3848
DSCN3848
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is that dark stuff on the stalks Tanglefoot or something similar?

Dunge

Dunge

Pre harvest update.

Three days short of nine weeks and some of it will be harvested soon.
Took down the WWxS plants last week. Never was expecting much from them and got to take advantage of the space.
DSCN3878ann

I will attempt to isolate plants and flower close ups in pairs.
DSCN3879DSCN3886
ARC is one of only two previously grown plants in this round.
She is a preferred product in all ways and I can see this one plant filling many jars.
Next up:
DSCN3880DSCN3887
AKX is my pollen chuck. Learning to love her.
Starting the seed grows:
DSCN3881 DSCN3888
RMH (Rock Mountain High)
Followed by:
DSCN3882 DSCN3889
Jillybean
And the well known:
DSCN3883 DSCN3890
Train Wreck
Then the strangely named: (at least to me)
DSCN3884 DSCN3891
Deep Purple
And last and in some ways least:
DSCN3885 DSCN3892
UBC

Most of these will not be ready to harvest in three days.
I will probably harvest what I can to make room for the re-veg plants waiting to go into flower. Leave the room over full in order to allow some of these unknowns a fair trial. That is, I don't want to cull a plant for long flower times she's grown from seed. I'm one of those who believes a properly prepared clone will start flower and finish faster.
It's also noteworthy that many of these flowers are not showing trichome development so much as others. Still trying to figure that out.

DSCN3879
DSCN3887
DSCN3887
DSCN3884
DSCN3885
Last edited:
Dunge

Dunge

To finish this update I present the veg space.
All the re-veg plants are nicely fitted into their bags with a layer of live worms thrown in just to see how they get along. This space is lit with less than 300W of LED. Seems about right for my needs.
DSCN3894

This is a shot of the White Widow X Skunk that I harvested early. It looked done enough, had many small flowers, and didn't offer much improvement with letting them take up space in flower.
DSCN3895 DSCN3896
What can I say? Never have gotten her to perform.
She is out of the lineup.

DSCN3895
DSCN3895
DSCN3896
DSCN3894
DSCN3894
DSCN3894
DSCN3894
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yep, no sense in wasting time, space & money on something that just isn't up to snuff. That's how I felt about the Jillybean I ran. Yours looks a good bit better than mine, will she be a keeper?

Dunge

Dunge

will she be a keeper?
Stay tuned Sea.
In three weeks I'm faced with judging six new lines, some with multiple plants.
This is going to require help from friends.
They are all skilled consumers, but not very trustworthy when judging gift pot.
How do the pros judge competitions? (serious question)
Unlike wine, spitting doesn't help.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I honestly have no idea how cannabis is judged in competitions. I smoke far too much to be a good judge of much with regards to type and quickness of high onset. Because of the snakebite, I can't detect scents as well as I once could and in fact can miss quite a bit. But based on the amounts smoked I find myself wondering how cannabis is judged. I would think you'd want someone who smokes a fair amount or after the first couple of hits they'll be obliterated. But! If you use someone like me who smokes quite a bit, then the opposite will be true and nothing will have a truly noticeable effect.

All I can really say with any... reliability, is that it smokes well or harsh, that I like the flavors *I* can detect or not, that sort of thing.

I'm flummoxed.

Dunge

Dunge

When it will burn, it will burn.
DSCN3901
Had to leave a few behind for another week.
DSCN3898
The plants on the left are flower mates to the hangers.
Train Wreck, Jillybean, and Rocky Mt. High all wanted a bit more time.
So I snugged the next round in, and will spread them out once I can clear the room.
The Rock Candy tree I was so bragy about had 11 full size heads. All perfect.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Can I see some closeups of your Jillybean?

Top Bottom