small brown spots on a small plants? need advice

• Thread starter bstilwell1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

that's probally def. a difference in water

Yeah, the water is cleaner (under 100 ppm) at the new place then the old and I have plenty of Ca and Mg in my nutrient formulation. The environment sure is different though.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

So Wut do I do with the water situation. I was filling 5 gallon jugs with r.o. water but just recently vying purified water by the gallon.. this pissed me off I already hate where I live now due to other reasons but the fact that this move has caused every plant I've grown to show these bad signs just tops it off

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

So Wut do I do with the water situation. I was filling 5 gallon jugs with r.o. water but just recently vying purified water by the gallon.. this pissed me off I already hate where I live now due to other reasons but the fact that this move has caused every plant I've grown to show these bad signs just tops it off

Sorry if you already answered this question, but where is your tap water and nutrient solution at in terms of EC??

Do you have a pH and EC meter?? If not, then it can be very hard to pin point the issue. You can get both on Ebay for about $120, thats 90-$100 for the Blue Lab Truncheon EC meter and about $20 for the Milwaukee pH meter.

With the knowledge of how much EC and the pH of what goes in and out of your media, you can diagnose deficiencies easier. IMO without those tools just grow organic with super soil.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

I don't use tap water. And I do have the ph meter u recommended. And I am using all organic nutrients....

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't use tap water. And I do have the ph meter u recommended. And I am using all organic nutrients....

Damn, I'm stumped :banghead:

There might be an imbalance of nutrients that are causing a lockout, but I have no idea which one or how many.

Take a look at all your nutrients and figure out the actual ppm using a nutrient calculator on cannastats.com, there might be too much or too little of one or more nutrients. Thats about all I can think of now.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh shit!! I just thought of something, you said your RH is usually around 20%, right?? That could be the problem because when the RH is too low, then it will close the stomata on the leaves and photosynthesis will dramatically slow down. So that could be a possibility to why you having these deficiencies.

Check out VPD (vapor pressure deficit) on Google and I'll even post a chart for you.

VPD Chart

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

I bet your right lex... I just bought a humidifier and am still using an airstone in a bucket of water.. things don't seem to be worsening so I'm praying that was it. I'm gonna buy another humidifier for the actual room that the tent is in so I can get.humidity to at least 40%. Right now its averaging 30%

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I bet your right lex... I just bought a humidifier and am still using an airstone in a bucket of water.. things don't seem to be worsening so I'm praying that was it. I'm gonna buy another humidifier for the actual room that the tent is in so I can get.humidity to at least 40%. Right now its averaging 30%

Good idea, bring it up to 45-55% and it will hopefully help. Now if you put the humidifier in the room the tent is in then it really wont be as efficient as putting it in the actual tent itself. But if thats the only way you can do it then yo should get a one that can bring the room up to 70% so the intake on your tent will pull it in and the tent should end up around 50% or so. Hopefully it works out for you like that, good luck brotha.

Oh yeah, and as soon as you have enough money to buy a Blue Lab Truncheon EC meter, do it. IMHO it helps me to be able to diagnose deficiencies, or even catch deficiencies before they have time to show based on the EC going in and out.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Quick question lex. Wut is optimal humidity % during veg and then flower?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Quick question lex. Wut is optimal humidity % during veg and then flower?

Depends mainly on your temps, cultivar and system. For veg 60-65% is optimal IMHO. Then drop it about 5% per week after week 2 of flower so it ends around 40% RH. If you don't have the controls to slowly drop it per week, then you can just bring it down during flower to around 45% consistently.

This is just my opinion and the temps will greatly influence where your RH should be.

mr green jeens

mr green jeens

adding ca yo your feeding may not fix your problem...tes i also think that is a ca prob ,,,ocean forest stuff fox farms has plenty to start with ...but my need some added durring bloom or even half way thru veg,depending on how demanding and big the plant gets......your problem may be due to LOCK OUT...atr you useing tap water? R O h2o is always best..if you have been useing tap h20 ,try flushing with half strength or 1/4 strength veg food,,,,2 gals for every 1 gal of soil..

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

All r.o water. My humidity is now at 45.and.plants.are looking.great

Top Bottom