Small LED lamp to start seedlings?

• Thread starter Kuba
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

U can go to home depot and buy a high lumen cold blue spotlight for like 30 bucks, since your only using for 2 weeks on seedlings this should be adequate.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

will that affect the yield at all? cause if not then the plants staying small is great, since when they get moved outside i'll have a small greenhouse waiting. also why i chose smaller strains to grow this year
Where do you live that you'll be dropping it in a greenhouse in late Feb/March? At least in the USA, hours of darkness right now will put a plant into flower. Usually, once you drop below 14hrs of daylight outdoors, photoperiod plants start flowering. You may want to check your area sunrise/sunset times. You could need supplemental lighting.

Kuba

Kuba

Where do you live that you'll be dropping it in a greenhouse in late Feb/March? At least in the USA, hours of darkness right now will put a plant into flower. Usually, once you drop below 14hrs of daylight outdoors, photoperiod plants start flowering. You may want to check your area sunrise/sunset times. You could need supplemental lighting.
my bad, should've specified. I'm growing autoflowers, so I'll start them a bit earlier in order to get 2 harvests

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

my bad, should've specified. I'm growing autoflowers, so I'll start them a bit earlier in order to get 2 harvests
You may still want to consider supplemental lighting if the hours of darkness are too upside down. You'll still grow buds but probably won't have as much yield as your summer run. Greenhouses are tricky. They create their own environment. Watch out for condensation on the inside of the greenhouse. If it starts dripping on your plants, it can create mold and wpm issues.

Kuba

Kuba

You may still want to consider supplemental lighting if the hours of darkness are too upside down. You'll still grow buds but probably won't have as much yield as your summer run. Greenhouses are tricky. They create their own environment. Watch out for condensation on the inside of the greenhouse. If it starts dripping on your plants, it can create mold and wpm issues.
hours should be good, blooms from late april till june so i'll be aight. gotta check out the condensation issue, been planning to put a fan or sum in the greenhouse anyway tho

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

You can start growing with a 35 watt bulb, but to get big buds, you're gonna want to add a 100 watt board led after a month.

D

Drasik

Hey y'all, looking for a cheap led light that will let me start my plants indoors, doesn't need to be anything big since they'll be there for a week or 2 max. been looking at these led lamps that give me either 18 or 45 watts, full spectrum of light, timer and all that, question is, will that be enough? or should I look into something more powerfull? cheers
Its really not about lumens and and not about watts. Some of those home depot lights are great take any lights covers or guards off of them so they can shine freely. YOu really want to aim for 100 PPFD on the seedlings to keep them going. White light with a bit a blue works great

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

Even a pair of 5000k led shop lights would work just fine. Seedling stage doesn't require much. I have a 240w quantum board on mine. It's dimmed and distanced way down to about 4-5k lux right now. I'll increase intensity as they grow.

You might already have something around the house that will work for seedlings. It doesn't take much to keep them happy for the first couple of weeks.
Yup! I love those T5’s for seedlings

Top Bottom