Small spots on fan leaves flowering

• Thread starter Grow4life
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow4life

Grow4life

There are some spots on the bigger fan leaves and a bit of curling on the top.

I made the mistake to have too much nitrogen rich soil and feeding it more nitrogen too. It's been 2 weeks since last feeding of nutrients.

This is my first grow so I don't have much clue what these spots are?
It's been flowering for atleast 8 weeks, but it's been very slow. It's been streching alot but buds are small and now it seems like everything slowed down. It's a hermie, but pollensacs are not opening. Light is 18/24
Strain is unknown. Smells a bit sour/fresh. Not much smell really.

Ph of tap water is around 6,9 and I don't adjust it.

Hight is 80 cm and 9 top buds
Distance from led light 15 cm
Humidity 30-45
Temperature 18-25

Sorry for second photo is bad but the lights are making it like this.

Thanks! :)

Small spots on fan leaves flowering 2

Small spots on fan leaves flowering

Small spots on fan leaves flowering 3

Grow4life

Grow4life

I mean 18/6 😅
It is flowering stage. It is an autoflowering I think. I can't really put it 12/12 because I have females that I don't want to get polenized.

How do I comfirm that it is spidermites? How do I get rid of it?

Grow4life

Grow4life

Here is some better photos with better color of the leaves. I don't think it is mites. It's a bit orange.
IMG 20191023 173020
IMG 20191023 172910

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Here is some better photos with better color of the leaves. I don't think it is mites. It's a bit orange.
View attachment 904161View attachment 904162
Sorry, but it's mites brother!

I can't help you getting rid of them I haven't fought them since the 90s with stupid ass homemade concoctions back then which didn't work :/ I'm 0-2 vs. mites

I can tell you forget about neem oil the mites drink it at happy hour; get two of the strongest products you can find and rotate them on the recommended schedule

Grow4life

Grow4life

Have you been spraying it with anything? Pesticides? Pyrethrin?

Nothing

Sorry, but it's mites brother!

I can't help you getting rid of them I haven't fought them since the 90s with stupid ass homemade concoctions back then which didn't work :/ I'm 0-2 vs. mites

I can tell you forget about neem oil the mites drink it at happy hour; get two of the strongest products you can find and rotate them on the recommended schedule

Sounds like some badass bugs :O

Get your loupe out and have a search for bugs.

Ok I will buy a loupe. For now I just removed the affected leaves and some leaves around them. Just a few leaves affected.

Thanks! :)

Grow4life

Grow4life

I really cannot find any bugs, so I guess it's fine! Leaves looks fine now too. It's stretched another 15 cm.
I wonder if this plant will ever finish.. 10 weeks flowering and still streching...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I really cannot find any bugs, so I guess it's fine! Leaves looks fine now too. It's stretched another 15 cm.
I wonder if this plant will ever finish.. 10 weeks flowering and still streching...
Spent a lot of time looking at little dots on the veins recently, when I find the thread I'll link to it, there was a few interesting things to come out of it. One of the individuals having the issue was named @Quadscrusher if you want to look the thread up yourself

Grow4life

Grow4life

Spent a lot of time looking at little dots on the veins recently, when I find the thread I'll link to it, there was a few interesting things to come out of it. One of the individuals having the issue was named @Quadscrusher if you want to look the thread up yourself

Found it! Manganese defficiency maybe?
I am not sure how to measure ph in the soil, but I tried to stuff the ph meter down 10 cm down into the soil and got the reading 6.3
The water from the sink is 6.7-6.9
Should I adjust PH down a little? Can I use lemonjuice?

Grow4life

Grow4life

I just read ideal ph in soil between 6.3-6.7
Actually I remember i used a tiny bit of orange juice 2 weeks ago because I tought I should have a bit lower ph in the water that i used for watering. That might be what caused the problem. Anyway it seems healthy now. Just claws on big fan leaves , but I think it is from past nitrogen toxisity.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Found it! Manganese defficiency maybe?
I am not sure how to measure ph in the soil, but I tried to stuff the ph meter down 10 cm down into the soil and got the reading 6.3
The water from the sink is 6.7-6.9
Should I adjust PH down a little? Can I use lemonjuice?
Not maganese.

Q

Quadscrusher

Hey grow for life, whatever the specks and clawing is im having the same problem im thinking its salt build up from to many nutes lowering ph.... just a guess im trying fix mine by flushing currently... also adding dolomite lime.... did you use nutes?

Q

Quadscrusher

Sorry just reviewed your photos you have mites bro..... my specks are orange and a i have a million. Check pic

Best way to get rid of mite for me is

1oz rosemary essential oil
1oz peppermint essential oil
2 oz neem oil
1 oz dawn dish soap...

4 liter water for strong blend for big infestation

8 litres of water for maintenance

Hope this helps

48C8EEFD 1A49 47F3 95EE 9AE1E473C3A7
Grow4life

Grow4life

Hey grow for life, whatever the specks and clawing is im having the same problem im thinking its salt build up from to many nutes lowering ph.... just a guess im trying fix mine by flushing currently... also adding dolomite lime.... did you use nutes?
Yes I used way too much nutes in an allready nute-rich soil. Mine are orange too. It's just that my camera try to make everything white.

I used lupe on all the leaves affected but I can't see a single bug. So I won't spray anything and no new leaves is affected.

Grow4life

Grow4life

A lot of leaves are turning yellow and fall off now. On the top, the leaves have brown spots. It is very close to the light, but it's not hot cos it's LED. Anything I should worry about or is it just close to harvest?
IMG 20191130 102443

IMG 20191130 102045
IMG 20191130 100953

chemistry

chemistry

Is that a male at the back? The spots look like Calcium def.

Top Bottom