Smart Pot Comparison

• Thread starter cannabull
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cannabull

I had a few 5 gallon smart pots laying around and decided to grow some tomatoes over the summer because it wasn't a good time to start growing the good stuff. I put one tomato plant in a regular old plastic pot to compare the results. The smart pot plants definitely grew to be much bigger but I was most impressed by the roots. Pulled them out over the weekend and took some pictures, plastic pot on the left, smart pot on the right. I'm a believer.

Grown in coco with canna nutes. :cool0041:

Smart pot comparison
Smart pot comparison 2
phenotyper

phenotyper

Yep, every since I switched to smart pots, the root masses of my plants have indeed become just like that. Thanks for sharing.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I love um!! See how fibrous the rootball looks, more like an outdoor plant that's been dug up with a shovel. The best part is my yields have gone up significantly.

K

KitsapKush

fabric pots are much superior to plastics... for several reasons.. & out of all the fabric pot brands out there I would HIGHLY suggest going with the geo-pot brand.. their stitching & overall burliness shits on aeration planters, smart pots, and especially the shitty sunlight supply square roots pots.. those are the worst... long live fabric!!!

P

Producer

Wow! Well I was on the fence about buying Smart Pots because I still have just regular plastic pots, but this settles it.
Buying these as soon as I get money.
Where's the best place to buy them?
Directly from their website?

C

cannabull

Wow! Well I was on the fence about buying Smart Pots because I still have just regular plastic pots, but this settles it.
Buying these as soon as I get money.
Where's the best place to buy them?
Directly from their website?

I get them from my local hydro store... would order from amazon otherwise.

green punk

green punk

AirPots. Even more dramatic when compared to smart pots. You can stand on a root mass from a Airpot it is so dense and fibrous.

Mogrow

Mogrow

you can buy from their site, they are great, im getting more..

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I live for smart pots. I get the root balls by the end of flower to be solid packed inside the pot all the way to the edges. Fucking amazing for sure. I really wish that they would even make smart pots all the way down to red cup size. I buy mine from my hydro shop. I just have them get me whole cases, and get them for $198 for 50 of the 3 gallon with handles. Just under $4 a piece.

-TF

K

KitsapKush

I live for smart pots. I get the root balls by the end of flower to be solid packed inside the pot all the way to the edges. Fucking amazing for sure. I really wish that they would even make smart pots all the way down to red cup size. I buy mine from my hydro shop. I just have them get me whole cases, and get them for $198 for 50 of the 3 gallon with handles. Just under $4 a piece.

-TF

not to keep shamelessly pimping Geopot.. :cool0041: but they just started making "transplanter" pots with a velcro seam on one side to "open up" the pot when u wanna transplant.. as small fabric pots can really hold onto a smaller rootball.. tough to get em out of the fabric pot w/o the velcro opening.

C

cali Green

smartpots rock. Any recommendations cleaning them? they always get this white crusty stuff on the end from runoff

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
ill prob get into trouble for this, but im going to run "our" pots against all the other fabric pots next run on a live video feed and show ya whats good,

P

Producer

Awesome! Thanks for this thread man.
Im actually really happy that someone took the time to do a comparison.
Because that shows actual real results. It was enough to change my mind!
Thank you.

619ster

619ster

I love smart pots for a good SOG. But if trees is what you're after, I'd much rather go with the plastic air pots.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I've been using the 2-gal smartpots & am looking to pick up a couple 3-gal, but the only thing I don't like is having to clean them. I found these 9" square netpots at greners though that make roots just as good and they were like $25 for 2 dozen. Easy to clean too.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I take my Roots and Smart Pots to the laundry mat to wash, I toss them in a mesh bag and wash in cold water on the delicate or permanent press and dry on low. I've had some of mine over a year now.

C

cannabull

not to keep shamelessly pimping Geopot.. :cool0041: but they just started making "transplanter" pots with a velcro seam on one side to "open up" the pot when u wanna transplant.. as small fabric pots can really hold onto a smaller rootball.. tough to get em out of the fabric pot w/o the velcro opening.
That transplanter is a good idea, I wouldn't try transplanting out of any normal fabric pot because you would totally butcher the roots trying to get it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom