Smart Pot Comparison

• Thread starter cannabull
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PRODUCT

anyone know where i can get the fabric.. my momma can easily sew pots if i could only get my hands on the fabric!!!!!!!!!!

budboy299

budboy299

smart pots are easily made using landscaping fabric. I sew my own for pennies which allows me to throw them out after a few grows without feeling much of a money pinch.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

I make my own air pruning buckets by drilling 5/8 holes
All over, line em with fiberglass screen matrtial.

Milk crates are perfect for them
Seen mega versions fashioned from a laundry basket an some screen/cloth.

The grower at another site who convinced me on them did a comparison grow an the air pruning ones yielded about 25% more....

K

Kronicly Insane

fabric pots are much superior to plastics... for several reasons.. & out of all the fabric pot brands out there I would HIGHLY suggest going with the geo-pot brand.. their stitching & overall burliness shits on aeration planters, smart pots, and especially the shitty sunlight supply square roots pots.. those are the worst... long live fabric!!!

Geo pots are built much better and are more durable.

M

mrbong73

That transplanter is a good idea, I wouldn't try transplanting out of any normal fabric pot because you would totally butcher the roots trying to get it out.

The best way to transplant out of the fabric containers is to carefully roll the fabric down from the top to bottom. I like to put a small bucket upside down in a larger tub and set the plant on the bucket. that way when you get to the bottom you can lift the root ball off.
No problem. Won't butcher the roots if done properly.

I do like the velcro idea though.

Video from ic

J

Jalisco Kid

I might have missed it but what was the harvest difference? I have had plants with 3x the root mass but not really out produce. JK

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

The best way to transplant out of the fabric containers is to carefully roll the fabric down from the top to bottom. I like to put a small bucket upside down in a larger tub and set the plant on the bucket. that way when you get to the bottom you can lift the root ball off.
No problem. Won't butcher the roots if done properly.

I do like the velcro idea though.

Video from ic

I juss stick the smaller smart pot in2 a bigger smart pot.. & done it's eazy i done bother thaking it out

Top Bottom