Smell??

• Thread starter hydrotran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hydrotran

Hey guys I was wondering if you didnt let a girl to run its full course say you chopped her down 2 weeks early. Does it effect the smell of the girl?

I've heard someone say if you chop down skywalker OG early it will smell like hay but if you let it run 9 week course then it will smell like an OG. Does this make sense? Thanks guys!

S

steelyeyes

Don't know about that strain but Trainwreck smells like hay when it's chopped too early. Buddy did that and messed up about 3 lb. worth.

N

NoReason

It makes sense.
Plants produce things like terpenes and flavonoids wich give a characteristic scent.Production of these things go on till the harvest, and the quantity and diversity, simply transform the smell little by little :hi

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yea if u chop ur buds early it's all 4 nuthin' cuz they will b bunk & smell like hay.. Don't ever chop early u waited 2 long & put 2 much in2 ur plants 2 ruin them cuz of a early harvest..

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
taste/smell can be affected if chopped too early and/or too late

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Big negative on it smelling like hay if pulling early. FALSE!! If you have a good og it will be dank and frosty at week 4-5 with amazing aromas. If it smells like hay at 8 weeks toss that crap out and toss in a ton of new phenos and go hunting.

P

potgutz

why on earth would u wanna cut it early u lose potency and yield. Dont do it dude.

C

cannabisabalism

One doesn't always have a choice, I can think of a few reasons to harvest early.

H

hydrotran

Yea had PM going nuts on me. I couldnt hold it down any longer and had to finish them early so it would avoid the nugs.

K

kusheater1

A good strain will smell early in flower, 2 weeks early means it was going to smell like hay after harvest not great genetics find something else I have pulled stuff early and high and yield was affected but not smell try putting it in jars to bring the smell out a little more with the cure.

Top Bottom