Smelly cheesy cheese does it exist anymore

• Thread starter Gmix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Does anyone know of a seedbank or breeder that’s selling the original stinky cheese I’ve been on a cheese hunt for a while wanting that old school cheesy taste you know the stuff that just stinks and tastes exactly like cheese.

So far I’ve not had much luck from cheeses that taste like skunk to the latest from greenhouse that tastes of strawberries nice but not really cheese

It seems like they have crossed cheeses nowadays to limit the smell because of folks saying it stunk to much I guess, trouble is it also seems like it’s effected the taste as well

I’m kinda getting frustrated growing a so called cheese for 8 weeks then flowering for 9 weeks or so only to find out it tastes nothing like cheese

Thanks for any help 🙂

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Big buddha blue cheese you will find that smelly cheese and nice taste i have a pheno that smells through glass jars the cheese from Big buddha is more afghani types that smell like lemon so i Wouldn't choose thm the blue cheese way better also i see recently humbolt csi have uk cheese s1

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Big buddha blue cheese is the 1 av tryed barneys before also where lemon tasting blue cheese the big buddha 1 chucks more cheese phenos

D

designinsidepk

Does anyone know of a seedbank or breeder that’s selling the original stinky cheese I’ve been on a cheese hunt for a while wanting that old school cheesy taste you know the stuff that just stinks and tastes exactly like cheese.

So far I’ve not had much luck from cheeses that taste like skunk to the latest from greenhouse that tastes of strawberries nice but not really cheese

It seems like they have crossed cheeses nowadays to limit the smell because of folks saying it stunk to much I guess, trouble is it also seems like it’s effected the taste as well

I’m kinda getting frustrated growing a so called cheese for 8 weeks then flowering for 9 weeks or so only to find out it tastes nothing like cheese
Can You Freeze Cheese?
Thanks for any help 🙂
I'm on a hunt for the original stinky cheese strain. I've tried a few different ones, but they all taste different from what I remember. I think the breeders are crossing the strains to make them less smelly, but that's also making them taste different. I'm getting frustrated with growing a strain for 8 weeks, only to find out it doesn't taste like cheese. Does anyone know of a seedbank or breeder that's selling the original stinky cheese?

I'm curious, why do you like the original stinky cheese strain so much?

GoodListener

GoodListener

I've never grew a cheese 🧀 strain. Whats it taste/smell like, is it really like cheese or just milky or skunky, I love any distinctive weed. If it actually was cheese I'd be chasing that too. I could see blue cheese being that kind of peppery trainwrek terpenaline taste. Is it a funk that comes on only after a cure ? Does it smell cheesy when flowering.?

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

No pepper as ive never seen a peppery 1 i do love that full pepper taste verry unfamiliar. the blue cheese is also very unfamiliar but when you taste it you wont forget it i would go for the stinky skunk \cheese pheno with hints of blueberry taste thats the 1 i like i have had the real cheese over the years and is very different the blue cheese but this is a close resemblance

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

there is a few EU breeders selling some cheese, now how close they are to the old school breed, hard to say

Cheese #1
CheeseOriginal Sensible Seeds
CheeseRoyal Dutch Genetics
CheeseCanuk Seeds
CheeseLinda Seeds
CheeseUnited Seedbanks
CheeseAztech Genetics
CheeseExpert Seeds
CheeseSeedStockers
CheeseVision Seeds
CheeseZativo
CheeseBarneys Farm
CheeseDinafem
CheeseDr Blaze
CheeseG13 Labs
CheeseCBD Seeds
CheeseHomegrown Fantaseeds
CheeseSeedsman
CheeseThe Plant
CheeseVIP Seeds
CheeseZamnesia
CheeseZoo Seeds
CheeseClone Only Strains
CheeseBig Buddha Seeds
CheeseBulk Seed Bank
CheeseDutch Headshop
CheeseGreen House Seeds
CheeseSensation Seeds

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Thanks very much for all the input.

Thanks again for the list 👍

@GoodListener cheese can vary wildly the one I’m after does indeed taste like a English cheddar cheese 🧀 very unique tasete.

I find blue cheese usually tastes like cheese but had a floral taste to it as well mind I haven’t had any since about 25 years plus ago so it well also might have changed

Paleosoul

Paleosoul

Look into a breeder who sells under the name "San Seeds." He calls himself Santero.

I doubt he will self a UK cheese clone for you, but he loves using the original UK Cheese in a lot of his work. I know I've seen his seeds sold at Hemp Depot and Great Lakes Genetics. He's all about cheesy, stinky weed.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

@Gmix , I just grew some cheese from North Atlantic Seed Company, it smells and tastes exactly like the stuff I got a bag of over three years ago. I might not be talking about the exact same thing that you are talking about though, because it’s almost impossible to verify that. I would describe it as a mild cheddar cheese 🧀 with a slight hint of sweetness to it. I hadn’t seen anyone recommend these guys yet in the post so I threw it out there. It’s available as one of their white label strains and doesn’t list the breeder. Hope this helps you out.
IMG 3528

santero

santero

give me and a freidn some time ...
there soon will be a possibility to grab some lost skunk repro-seeds ;)

90's lost skunk (originally made by silas in UK)
exodus cheese clone only x blues bx2 (via ugorg)
= cheese bx1 via bb ;)

this stuff will KILL it (!!) ... it will be around before xmas.

Porky1982

Porky1982

Thanks for any help 🙂
I grew an auto from MSNL called cheese and it was the most stinking cheddar smell I've ever smelt!
Was very good smoke too!

C

Cheddar1991

Thanks for any help 🙂
That cheese your on about I had about 16 years ago and have never found it again the minute I put the joint to my lips it became my instant favourite and still to do this day. Im quite good friends with the seed matey in the shop i go to. He said the cheese you're looking for isn't cheese it's a pheno of skunk no1 .. the skunk no1 phenobwas a really smell cheesey pheno so they cloned and that's apprenlty how it came about. I asked him instantly can I get some original cheese seeds he said it's probably 1 in 10000 chance of getting that pheno although after doing a little research exodus cheese seems to what it's called? I've grown big Buddha, Barney's triple cheese and probably another 3 or 4 dif cheese strains nothing comes close to comparison. London seed centre which I found online sells exodus cheese and reviews speak for itself about the "old school cheese" I will run these in a few weeks after my hols and will let you know how I get on.

C

Cheddar1991

I've never grew a cheese 🧀 strain. Whats it taste/smell like, is it really like cheese or just milky or skunky, I love any distinctive weed. If it actually was cheese I'd be chasing that too. I could see blue cheese being that kind of peppery trainwrek terpenaline taste. Is it a funk that comes on only after a cure ? Does it smell cheesy when flowering.?
The original proper cheese is like a party in your mouth the taste in unreal and really distinctive . You would not be unimpressed by it.

Top Bottom