Smerbs Tent Style

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smerb

Smerb

Looks like you have the temps in a good spot.
Damn thing reads in Celsius, haha!
IMG 8652
This helped.

Smerb

Smerb

Theres gotta be a way to change the readout to Fahrenheit.
Possibly, it looks like they went with a basic temp box. No timer either. It looks like it should be able to do a lot more, I need to do some more studying on it.
The plates don't let a infrared temp gun work either.
IMG 8633
Lovin it. Mcpressed nuggets.

Toaster79

Toaster79

They are a certain type of metal, I'll remember later. What kind of coating?

As long as the surface is highly reflective your IR gun is gonna have a hard time getting an accurate reading. Be it chrome, stainless or aluminum, it doesn't matter. Highly reflective surface doesn't put of radiant heat. Stick a probe on the side of the plate with some thermal paste between and see the difference.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I've given up on that dumb gun. My plates are right on with temps I've checked so many damn times. I'm definitely still going to try that. Triple quadruple check.
I used to work in injection molding where we used a lot of temperature controllers. The thermocouples are usually very accurate. I would trust it more than the gun as long as no one has screwed with the offset settings.

Smerb

Smerb

I used to work in injection molding where we used a lot of temperature controllers. The thermocouples are usually very accurate. I would trust it more than the gun as long as no one has screwed with the offset settings.
Awesome, it seems to work very well, the probes go in the metal plates in the center nicely, I assembled it correctly. Even though I'm a carpenter. Settings have not been messed with, it's not allowing for much adjustment except temperature. Stays at Celsius.
IMG 8633

Smerb

Smerb

Looks cool. Me and a friend of mine have built a few of them. He bought some controllers that only do celcius. Mine is switchable from f to c.
What do you think about air pressurized from like 100psi yo to 1000psi at three minutes??,
How that yo got in there I don't know. Can you calculate how much tonnage is applied with yours? Kinda wondering....

Latest posts

Top Bottom