SMF starts over...a growing experience

• Thread starter Skunkmasterflex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
whats up farmers....hope everyone is well. :)

this will be my new thread that will follow my grows from now on.

as the title says....im starting completely over from scratch. new genetics, new attitude, new outlook.

got tied up about 4 months back in my life and stepped back and analyzed the direction my life was going in. dropped all my drug habits and completely changed my lifestyle. time to grow up and move on. i even quit herb a month ago and am going to live sober as can be while i get my shit together. took a few trips in state to clear my mind and put things back in order.....feeling fresh as can be and actually looking at things positive.

during my last trip the motor on my home made clone machine went out and i lost all but maybe 3 strains......i used to have over 150....now i have like 3 lol. so, i popped some seeds and am focusing on the SKILL of growing over the strains i have to work with. (for the first time over lol)

this grow is all about learning and growing, ya dig? (both puns intended lol)

this will be my first grow in which i detail all my current stats (ph, ppm, feed amounts and grow style and techs used). this is a completely different style of log them im used to doing so please bare with me and if anyone has any helpful information along the way....PLEASE help out lol.

im pretty much scrapping everything i know and rolling with the punches on this one and like i said, this is more focused on the actual grow then the strains. im not gonna hunt down cuts iv gave out to get back, im going to be popping seeds iv made over the years i havnt got a chance to test and some seeds iv been gifted or bought over the years.

really exciited about this grow and looking to improve my grow rooms like iv improved my life over the past little stretch :)

one love to all my fellow farmers....those i still keep in contact with and those iv lost contact with over these years.....nothing but love for all you :)

~SMF~

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
info on grow....

Roots Organic soil (original) in 5 gallon rounds plastic pots

Nutes:
Great white
EM-1
Botanicare Pure blend organic tea grow base
Botanicare Pure blend organic tea bloom base
Botanicare high brix molasses
age old organics liquid kelp
down to earth liquid bone meal
organic liquid seabird guano
off brand Epson salts
primordial solutions sea green
.....keeping it pretty simple on the nute line. going to be amending this as this learning experience goes and i get the feel for things.

system:
i pulled down my old rooms till i get more money to rebuild controlled environments and got some gorilla tents. they are 5x10.
in each 5x10 i will be putting two 1000watt bults in closed hoods with a carbon filter and a inline fan to draw the air out of each tent and one inline fan as an intake to bring fresh air in. ( everything is 8 inch) also have box fans inside the tents hanging to push air around.....pretty basic easy setup off the bat. things im sure will change as grows go on and i want or need to change stuff to better my results.
i will be putting 9 plants under each light so making it 18 plants per tent and rotating them (not sure yet how many times per week yet, gonna roll with it as the grow goes on)

ill get some pics up of one of the tents when its up and some of the current plants i have going with PPM reading and Ph reading and current feed levels probably tomorrow or the day follow.

thanks all for tagging along and helping a fellow farmer grow, many of you have crazy skills and i know i will learn and be corrected on many levels :)

everyone have a blessed day! ~SMF~

ttystikk

ttystikk

Best thing about growing indoors? The new season begins whenever you want! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. To share a bit of personal experience, I have found that every time I reduce my plant count per light, the better results I get with less brain damage. Thus, I suggest you consider a size bigger plant and using only four plants in each 5 x 5 area. I'm guessing that at some point soon you will be adding more lighting? This is on the small end for the size of the tent. On the other hand, lower light intensities help maintain safety margins.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I think we all benifit frm taking a break frm our drug use and reevaluating frm time to time. Everytime i have, i came out better on the other side. Sounds like ur making positive moves. Right on

Confu

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Good to see ya posting Skunk! Can't wait to see what ya break out of your seed vault bro. Maybe some Larry..? You still got the GSC bagseed going? Been curious on how those were working out.

We all need time to reflect on ourselves, taking a step back to see where we've been and where we wanna be. Nothing wrong with hitting the reset button. Sounds like you've identified your short comings and making changes to better yourself. ;)

rawman

rawman

Sounds like legit plan, like everyone else said a step back is needed sometimes.

Does all the organic actually register on a PPM scale? I was curious about that. I run canna bio and my PPM is always super low whenever I feel like checking.... Which is far from regular, but ya I never go over I think 800-900 with additives. mid flower? lol

I went to organics for ease once you dial it dude you won't really think of checking ph and ppm

I'd recommend the bio line to you n will, the draw back is the price though

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

What it do Skunk? Been wondering what's been going on over there..sucks 2 here u lost all those cuts dog.. I'm sure u can get them back if u wanted.. But good luck with the bean poppin..

If u can pop them old Skunk beans big dog.. I've been patiently waiting on that skunk project dog.. I'm thinking that's the next big thing..

I always need 2 clear my head from everything.. It's good 4 u 2 know u can drop everything if needed.. I like 2 take a break when smoking gets boring

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hats off to you SMF ! Always nice to wake up with a positive outlook. I am digging through beans also. Pitched all my moms except for my Stardawg cut. Refreshing to be able to focus on a smaller group.
Curious what beans you are starting also like babba asked. Good luck, RB

true grit

true grit

Glad to hear things are on the up for ya man, it's always nice to turn a new page. Sucks bout the clones but should be fun finding all new shit. Like I was discussing with some folks I think overall I've found as amazing phenos from seed as most these cuts that ive come across. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom