• Thread starter Skunkmasterflex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow....i totally lost track of this thread hahahaha

I think it needs to get started again. Been thinking of popping off like 30 of each and doing a massive seed run to hunt through and possibly make hella f2 stock for the masses. I will keep this thread updated when I start it up and get things going! Thanks all for dropping in over the years and showing interest in my larry project.:)

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Wow....i totally lost track of this thread hahahaha

I think it needs to get started again. Been thinking of popping off like 30 of each and doing a massive seed run to hunt through and possibly make hella f2 stock for the masses. I will keep this thread updated when I start it up and get things going! Thanks all for dropping in over the years and showing interest in my larry project.:)

Hell ya @Skunkmasterflex , pop them bitches. I remember when I first saw this thread and read thru all the work u did and I was super impressed with it man!

Confu

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Holy shit! I'm definitely wanting in on some of this Larry action. When is Daryl and the other brother Daryl going to be released?
Lol....not exactly following you here fella. Daryl and brother Daryl ?
Hell ya @Skunkmasterflex , pop them bitches. I remember when I first saw this thread and read thru all the work u did and I was super impressed with it man!

Confu
Thanks buddy. I really need to get this project kick started. I have to wait till I get some of these current seeds cleared out so I have enough space to devote to a proper sized selection. The bubba larry, 91 larry, sour larry and triangle larry I ran at my place to see how those came out. Found killers in them all. I need to go through and figure out where I want to go with each line so I can select the proper males and females from each to try and isolate the phenos that pop up in the f2s. My whole idea with the line was to establish and breed for the phenos I had in mind. For example the bubba kush x larry I wanted a plant that vegs faster then bubba with a bit more stretch and flavor added to bubba nugs from the larry.

I basically only have the foundation work done ( the f1s) so much work still needs to go Down. Stabilizing the larry took so long till I was happy I kinda put the crosses on the back burner lol

zeke

zeke

It's a Newhart show reference. I'm old. If you knew the show you'd probably use the names in your crosses. Three funny characters on the show were these stoner redneck brothers, Larry, Daryl and Daryl. Classic funny shit. I just discovered this thread and was stoked to read your thought process. The fact that you show all of your pedigree is very cool. Zero mystery bullshit. F6! You fucking animal. Correct breeding practices aren't complicated or mysterious at all. Just real time consuming and labor intensive, actual fucking work. Thanks for doing that. Now, when can I give you my money?

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Thanks buddy. I really need to get this project kick started. I have to wait till I get some of these current seeds cleared out so I have enough space to devote to a proper sized selection. The bubba larry, 91 larry, sour larry and triangle larry I ran at my place to see how those came out. Found killers in them all. I need to go through and figure out where I want to go with each line so I can select the proper males and females from each to try and isolate the phenos that pop up in the f2s. My whole idea with the line was to establish and breed for the phenos I had in mind. For example the bubba kush x larry I wanted a plant that vegs faster then bubba with a bit more stretch and flavor added to bubba nugs from the larry.

I basically only have the foundation work done ( the f1s) so much work still needs to go Down. Stabilizing the larry took so long till I was happy I kinda put the crosses on the back burner lol

So out of all those crosses u plan on doing a large selection and working those lines to, Damm! I'm sure those crosses are better than most seeds currently available and then u wanna continue the work. U crazy with passion skunk, or jus crazy lol.
I'd imagine most peeps don't take stock to f6 cuz they get burnt out on the way.
I can't wait to see what u do with these when u get around to it man.

Confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
It's a Newhart show reference. I'm old. If you knew the show you'd probably use the names in your crosses. Three funny characters on the show were these stoner redneck brothers, Larry, Daryl and Daryl. Classic funny shit. I just discovered this thread and was stoked to read your thought process. The fact that you show all of your pedigree is very cool. Zero mystery bullshit. F6! You fucking animal. Correct breeding practices aren't complicated or mysterious at all. Just real time consuming and labor intensive, actual fucking work. Thanks for doing that. Now, when can I give you my money?
Well said @zeke

Confu

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Lol ill have to check the show out. Might get some cool strain names like you said out of it. Good info man
L ike you said, breeding is easy....it's just time consuming. I remember going through f3 stock of larry to make f4s. I selected a male that once bred I wasn't quite happy with the offspring so I had to go back and pop the f3's again to make f4s I ended up happy with. It's trial and error my friend. I won't even try and lie to say I didn't have mess ups along the way but, I did fix those mistakes even if it added time. The first out crosses once I found my killer stud with the f6 I tested that male to all hell. Tried to stress it, no water and dry for day then drenched it and put it in dark for 3 days then left it with lights on for 3 days seeing if it would auto. Let it get root bound. Put that dude through hell. I bred him out just on time because I ended up losing that f6 stud lol
So out of all those crosses u plan on doing a large selection and working those lines to, Damm! I'm sure those crosses are better than most seeds currently available and then u wanna continue the work. U crazy with passion skunk, or jus crazy lol.
I'd imagine most peeps don't take stock to f6 cuz they get burnt out on the way.
I can't wait to see what u do with these when u get around to it man.

Confu
You know it buddy. The f1 crosses had some pretty big range on phenos from larry dom to whatever the mom was dom to middle phenos all over the place. If or when I market them I wanna be able to say what exactly people are gonna see in the seeds. Atleast limit it to like 2 or 3 possible phenos. Damn near identical phenos Every time is what I am really going for though. I didn't do any documentation through working the larry line since it started off just for fun, and actually still is. But when I work these f1 crosses I plan to document them so when people ask I'll have pictures and my process to back it up. I'll probably stop these lines at f3 or ft depending how the phenos range. You already know some of these worked lines will make it your way :)

symbiote420

symbiote420

I don't wanna start thinking I'm old but if you guys don't remember Newhart, Larry, Daryl, and Daryl I guess I have to start dealing with reality lol Daryl and Daryl never spoke till the last show ....that punchline made me laugh all the time! I have some Lemon Larry F3s I'll be working on myself one of these daze, great stuff in here SMF ;)!

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Lol ill have to check the show out. Might get some cool strain names like you said out of it. Good info man
L ike you said, breeding is easy....it's just time consuming. I remember going through f3 stock of larry to make f4s. I selected a male that once bred I wasn't quite happy with the offspring so I had to go back and pop the f3's again to make f4s I ended up happy with. It's trial and error my friend. I won't even try and lie to say I didn't have mess ups along the way but, I did fix those mistakes even if it added time. The first out crosses once I found my killer stud with the f6 I tested that male to all hell. Tried to stress it, no water and dry for day then drenched it and put it in dark for 3 days then left it with lights on for 3 days seeing if it would auto. Let it get root bound. Put that dude through hell. I bred him out just on time because I ended up losing that f6 stud lol

You know it buddy. The f1 crosses had some pretty big range on phenos from larry dom to whatever the mom was dom to middle phenos all over the place. If or when I market them I wanna be able to say what exactly people are gonna see in the seeds. Atleast limit it to like 2 or 3 possible phenos. Damn near identical phenos Every time is what I am really going for though. I didn't do any documentation through working the larry line since it started off just for fun, and actually still is. But when I work these f1 crosses I plan to document them so when people ask I'll have pictures and my process to back it up. I'll probably stop these lines at f3 or ft depending how the phenos range. You already know some of these worked lines will make it your way :)

Im sure that the reason there is not more Breeders that sell their wares that do as u do is because it takes to long and less of a "quick buck" Passion for the win every time. Id be happy to have any of ur work in my garden @Skunkmasterflex , let me kno if you need some help with any projects man, everyone wants to be part of a wining team;)

confu

Ogfresh

Ogfresh

@SMF you got some serious heat!
Those crosses sounds dope!
I would love to see you do a drop on The Bay in the future!

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Oh snap!!

Hi my names Larry. This is my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl. lol Im old too..

zeke

zeke

Drool......extra volume of drool for those Chemdog 91' crosses. I'd hit SD, Chemdog D and sfv with that pollen if only it were available to use. Woe is me. My dream of selecting the perfect Larry male and naming it Daryl will have to wait. So will my Larry Pie fantasies.... I would trade an infant. Not mine of course but someone else's no problem.

Top Bottom