Smokin Joe's 4x4 1000W Grow

• Thread starter visajoe1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
visajoe1

visajoe1

Cake N Chem topped yesterday at 6th/7th nodes. Was up-potted to trade pots a few days ago and been under 1000w 4000k MH for about a week now. They're all in fresh FFOF. Starting soil I had them in cost me some time, didnt have much nutrients left in it hence the yellow leaves at the first node. Better to under feed than over feed though imo.

Four regular seeds, hoping for at least two females, if more I'll keep the best two. Nice and compact so far. Anticipating flip in 4-6 weeks. No cloning, this will be a single run.

One addition to things this year will be ozone filter in exhaust. I plan to DIY, just need to order the parts.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Updates in the tent last weekend. The boys got evicted, all 3 of them. Was hoping for 2 girls, but thats the risk I took with only popping 4. All good, veg will just be a little longer to fill the screen.

Up-potted her into a 5g with fresh FFOF; placed on a 8" step stool and then added the 1st screen layer. 24hrs later, super-cropped below the top node to shorten her profile and began training.

A 16qt container will be placed next to the stool to catch runoff, the saucer will have a hole in it to allow it to drain.

Temps are a few degrees above where I'd like them, leaf VPD running 1.3ish. Wont last much longer tho, cooler weather is coming soon.

Day temp 82-85
Night temp 73-75
RH 55-64%

Newber

Newber

Thats the way it crumbles sometimes, shucks man. Maaaybe try to scratch up a few clones from some buddies?! or stick her in a 10 gallon fabric pot!!

visajoe1

visajoe1

Its all good, plan B in effect, makes it easier with just one pot to manage. Just hoping I luck out with a decent pheno with this one. Looking to beat my previous yield in the tent, 14oz, which was an under performance IMO. Onward and upward! Lets gooooo

visajoe1

visajoe1

Two weeks later. Cruising right along, drinking little over a gallon every two days. Thinking she'll be ready to flip in another 2 weeks, looking for screen to be about 60% full. Second layer of netting will go in after all the tucking is completed.

Water halo on the way, making improvements to automated watering system. Water only in this system. Feeding done by hand.

Leaf VPD trend: 1-1.2

@Newber definitely going with a bigger pot next time, I do like the sound of a 10g

visajoe1

visajoe1

About 4 weeks later, we're almost to showtime with Cake n Chem. Anticipating flipping first week of December, canopy is 33" from the light so plenty to work with. UVB light goes in when flipped. Will add second net layer after 1st week of flip and 3rd layer if needed. HPS light wont go in until 3rd week of stretch.

Added auto watering system, runs every 48hrs except feed days, pumps 1g of water only, drip drain into tub. Hand feed. 2ec seems to be the most she likes, noticed slight tip burn above that (Maxigro 10-5-14 & potassium bicarbonate for ph up). Cleaned up quite a bit underneath this week. A few days before flip I'll remove most growth that isnt getting, or very close to, direct light.

Upgraded my iPower 6" inline fan and variac to Cloudline S6 and glad I did. Great fan, highly recommend you consider it for your grow.

Leaf VPD been higher than I like last few weeks, 1.1-1.5. Been tough keeping humidity high enough while balancing air flow for temp control. Not a huge deal, but also not providing best environment for her to operate at her potential. Cooler humid weather on the way, so thats good, and the flip to flower will allow for higher leaf vpd anyway.

PSA- check your ec/ppm meters for accuracy bi-annually. replace if necessary, too important and too cheap to be lazy with these.

Top Bottom