Smoking pot has been linked to a nasty form of testicular cancer, according to new re

• Thread starter bigherb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
Researchers at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle compared pot, alcohol and smoking habits of 369 testicular cancer patients, 18- to 44-year-olds, with those of 1,000 healthy subjects. Their results were published in the Feb. 9 issue of Cancer.

They found that men who smoked the ganja weekly or who were potheads as teenagers may have doubled the risk of developing nonseminoma, HealthDay News reported.

Nonseminoma is a less common, but faster spreading, type of testicular cancer than its twin, seminoma. Nonseminoma occurs in 40 percent of cases compared to seminoma, which affects 60 percent of cases.

Together both forms of testicular cancer make up only one percent of all cancer cases among American men. But testicular cancer is the most common form of cancer for men aged 15 to 34, HeathDay reported.

alot more bs but it was a bit concerning comments n thoughts welcome

aside from my true lov all ihav in this world is my word n my balls n i dont break 4 noone you understand

1luvbigherb

N

Nuglover

Somebody in that area must be guerilla growin' by a power plant or somthing. The man must be gettin' desperate! They try to scare you into thinkin' your gonna lose everything else because of herb...home,job,family,freedom...why not threaten your balls too.LOL

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

yikes! scary stuff

Somebody in that area must be guerilla growin' by a power plant or somthing. The man must be gettin' desperate! They try to scare you into thinkin' your gonna lose everything else because of herb...home,job,family,freedom...why not threaten your balls too.LOL

haha:smiley_joint:

S

Slick

I would take it with a pinch of salt, cancers are multifactoral so alot more things have to be considered than just "smoking pot". Age, genetics, state of immune system, diet, living environment and other things have to be considered; in addition to that the sample size of the survey was extremely low so any findings would be questionable.

A

astartes

Well as a fellow clinical researcher, I don't put much stock in this, as there is an un/intentional bias in the study selection. The n (number of test subjects) is large enough to be statistically valid. However, in human clinical studies, I would feel much more comfortable with a larger n. As Slick pointed out, by targeting Caucasians in the Puget Sound area, they have completely left out environmental causality along with the other slew of compounding factors Slick rattled off.

I'll pull down the actual journal article at work tomorrow to get into the nitty gritty of the methods and selection criteria. Just remember people, statistics can say what ever you want them to say, depending on the case test you apply. The real art of it is selecting the correct statistical procedures to make the data truly valid, not seemingly valid.

Long story short boys, the twig and berries can rest easy tonight:)

astartes

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Well I guess I have that to look forward to...lol

Tex

R

RansacktheElder

If they want the nutz, they'll have to talk to the wife. I aint saying, I'm just saying. She keeps 'em locked up so I don't get in anymore trouble. Hah!

B

Budhog

It makes me regret every time I said "I'd give my left nut for some killer weed!"

P

punkadc

They can have my balls ., ive never stop smoking weed!!

Well I guess I have that to look forward to...lol

Tex

If they want the nutz, they'll have to talk to the wife. I aint saying, I'm just saying. She keeps 'em locked up so I don't get in anymore trouble. Hah!

It makes me regret every time I said "I'd give my left nut for some killer weed!"

what more can be said...lol:D:D:D

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

So many things can give you cancer these days,it makes me laugh when they pull out these bullcrap scares.

M

m0lecule

I hate these after the fact bs "studies". If they asked the same cancer patients which ones drank coffee daily, or ate frickin Capatain Crunch, they could "determine" that these were the cause of their cancer as well.

Sure feel sorry fo those guys though.

Hmmm... my cured Purple Wreck, my left nut... my cured Purple Wreck, my left nut... no contest. Pass the pipe!

R

rayvon

pardon the pun but this truly is a loada bollocks :(

if it were true i actually have given me left ball for the cause:D but why did the nurses wheel me out for me (hehh) eight times a day spliff break during me chemo:rauch08:

smoke screens n shite all these so called studies

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

More government propaganda...marijuana is an anti-cancer, anti-depressant and anti-aging herb!

L

Limeygreen

I think my balls are safe from that worry, I know that cannabis would heal it or help fight against it, not bring it on. If they think it does then they can examine my balls with their mouths!

Z

zappafan99

We should do a survey and see how many members on this site who have smoked regularly since their early teens have had this cancer. Perhaps the male test subjects were being made to inhale through the wrong opening. "Hey man, why does this joint taste like pee?"

T

TREEFARMER

Okay,

I been smoking since 15 just about everyday and a couple days after my 40th birthday, I get diagnosed with nut cancer. Mine was seminoma which was very curable and was taken care of with surgery and radiations ( very small amount). Piece of cake now, sucked then. Serious anxiety.

So, with that information and some back pain, how easy would it be for me to move to a medical marijauna state and get a recommendation from a physician. How easy is it.

thanks

Top Bottom