Snap crackles and flavor.

• Thread starter RollinEndough
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Has anyone been entirely satisfied with their final product from a UC grow in terms of smell, flavor and smoothness?

I've chopped 3 times with 2 systems and different techniques of flushing. Every time it seems there's something lacking when compared to a soil or coco grow.

The one consistency has been chemical nutes and sterile system throughout the grow.

Please share your thoughts and technique if you've nailed some totally satisfactory end product.

M

MediMary

hey rollin just wanted to follow along for the commentary. I got a uc just about to start rocking it, I wonder if sterile rez or microbes effect the final goodness.
I think bens first round was sterile, now using great white(i think). I believe JK said something about using benies cause it tastes better. I am just learning myself.
loved your last journal, lots of fun to read.
peace n

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

You could ask Jack, when he finishes ALL his stuff he speaks the worlds end about the quality so I dunno. Try flushing with distilled water.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

So there might be hope.

Alp_horn_blower.jpg

Derp de derrrrp. Calling on the almighty JACK. Would the nug from his UC grow or coco grow be brought along to a deserted island faced with the choice?

I've flushed using tap water 7-10 days, RO 7-10 days, using Final Phase and once with a flavor enhancer. While it's dank and commented on, there's a part of me that knows it could be better.

The quest for the best continues. :)

M

Max Powers

I know Jack says a week is too long to flush in this system, think he only does 3 days or so of straight ro, after a few days of just boosters. I've seen my Larry's be a little crystaly-er before in coco, but the runs not over and it's my first in the UC, so I'm still withholding judgement...

true grit

true grit

Could it be that teh nutes everyone uses ARE NOT the best? I mean everyone swears by the only ones I think suck (DM, Canna, HG). Just my opinion, plus ive only seen a few "elites" if you will in buckets and IMO they do not finish near where i see them in some other systems. I'm seeing quite a bit of stretch and not as much chunk too.

And don't think im just raggin, im interested, as Ill be running several of these systems shortly.

true grit

true grit

Any type of flood/drain, drip or rdwc- homies prefer AN or GH. I use AN in my coco and did so after ditching the Canna/hg nonsense. Have switched several aeros etc over from HG to AN and theres no looking back. As soon as I scoop a 12 site UC this month im gonna start toying with AN, regardless of feedback. I think its more of a dialing issue... especially after seeing some dd's systems eat it up. and knowing of a few UC's that seem to be running it fine.

Another issue i see is not dumping and flushing buckets regularly. I understand its not "necessary" and top off's work, but if somethings not being absorbed by the plant readily, and just top off, you are adding more ppm that won't be used. I jsut don't see the chunk i see from changing your feed week to week. I change my regimen weekly, and topping off is not an accurate method of monitoring whats in the system. I attribute a lot of chunk, swell, smell and etc from part of the late bloom regimen that changes 2-3 times in the last 2-3 weeks. Just some outside opinion, and believe me it will be tested. And i don't plan on using canna or DM.

Anyone using Humboldt or CES?

M

MediMary

thank you gritt, very interesting hearing your thoughts.

St3ve

St3ve

hmm.. yea True grit you'll have to let us know how your tests go. I'm curious as well.

C

canaguy27

A friend of mine swears by CES. His mentor helped in its development. I ran it once and was impressed, but now I run AN and HG in mpbs.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Sensi or Connoisseur?

Any other theories besides input nutrient?

My plants still remain pretty damn green even with a 10 day flush. Resin and hairs are done though, so it's frustrating. Maybe they want to run longer or need an aid like bud blood or bushmaster to help kick them into the flowering stage sooner?

president-bush-scratch-head.jpg

M

mr cheese

if your not happy with the taste n smell run mother earth bloom along with ur nutes, i swear by the stuff.. i run dwc now n then using gh 3 part n when i dnt use mother earth bloom the smoke is bit lacking, more metalic, chemical tasteing, n before anyone says its not flushed, 10day minimum here! lol.. soon as i run same strain but add mother earth my peeps cnt tell if its soil or hydro bud! i realy cnt praise mother earth bloom enuf... all best n stay safe....mrc

R

RMCG

Indeed, might go ahead and pull the trigger late this week or early next on a system. I'll keep folks posted for sure, flourish or failure. :)

Maybe you can help me work up an AN recipe/regimen now that I know where to get it on the cheap! I'll flesh something out and float it past ya.

Still waiting on a ship date for the next batch of UC's. If you're gonna jump, do it sooner than later.

true grit

true grit

Sensi or Connoisseur?

Any other theories besides input nutrient?

My plants still remain pretty damn green even with a 10 day flush. Resin and hairs are done though, so it's frustrating. Maybe they want to run longer or need an aid like bud blood or bushmaster to help kick them into the flowering stage sooner?

I either hit them with hammerhead or MOAB the first week to initiate a lil faster flowering- bud blood would do the same. MOAB is rated around the same as the AN boosters/bud blood. It will be interesting to see if that carries over in the UC's.

I've also found that even in coco a 5-7 day flush is all thats needed, couldn't see needing longer than 5-7 in the UC with its ridiculous uptake. But don't let some green leaves mislead you, some plants flushed right either fade colors or lose just a lil green. Yellowing does not mean done, dead leaves don't mean done, often that means lockout. Shouldn't have a ton of dead/yellow/necrosis. Fade is normal though.

On the nutes- I've done both Connie and Sensi and will be using the Sensi AB when i get a UC rolling. Super simple, cheap, and chelated just fine.

Maybe you can help me work up an AN recipe/regimen now that I know where to get it on the cheap! I'll flesh something out and float it past ya.

Still waiting on a ship date for the next batch of UC's. If you're gonna jump, do it sooner than later.

Damn i will most def have to get on it....and for sure. AN shit is simple and only like a 1/3 of the lineup needs to be used....

H

HannaMan

Are you saying your smoke snaps,crackles, and pops under a flame??

Are you spraying your buds with anything??

Too much nitrogen for sure fucks up flavor, as well as too much cal-mag..

You want those leaves to be pale yellow by the time you chop...

If your plants are nice and dark green at chop, I would assume a longer flush is needed, regardless of what anyone else says.

I'm sure a ton of it is genetics, but am curious to hear if anyone else is lacking taste/smell/flavor in these systems....thats unfortunate, if so...cuz im ALL about taste/smell.

G

Gucci

Could it be that the nutes everyone uses ARE NOT the best? I mean everyone swears by the only ones I think suck (DM, Canna, HG). Just my opinion, plus ive only seen a few "elites" if you will in buckets and IMO they do not finish near where i see them in some other systems. I'm seeing quite a bit of stretch and not as much chunk too.

And don't think im just raggin, im interested, as Ill be running several of these systems shortly.

This is why im cosidering trying some of the Botanicare stuff and foliar feeding with some things to bring out flavors.

Top Bottom