Snap crackles and flavor.

• Thread starter RollinEndough
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Are you saying your smoke snaps,crackles, and pops under a flame??

Are you spraying your buds with anything??

Too much nitrogen for sure fucks up flavor, as well as too much cal-mag..

You want those leaves to be pale yellow by the time you chop...

If your plants are nice and dark green at chop, I would assume a longer flush is needed, regardless of what anyone else says.

I'm sure a ton of it is genetics, but am curious to hear if anyone else is lacking taste/smell/flavor in these systems....thats unfortunate, if so...cuz im ALL about taste/smell.

No sprays in bloom. No mite or mildew preventions sprayed. I'd say an abundance of Nitrogen was a problem this grow. Had downward leaf curl and deep green signs of over feed prior to tip burn.

It's not every bud, but there are the random few that give a snap here and there when getting ripped through the bong. Herb is bone dry in CO, definitely not the sticky icky West Coast stuff. This could be part of it.

Flav on the other hand has the metallic kind of undertone a connoisseur smoker would remove at least a star from its overall rating. First hit is really the only one to hold true flavor on the exhale.

Same boat with taste and smell. Have picked up a coco side project to help make up my mind for future projects. I'd gladly take a slight hit on yield if the end product was hands down a winner.

Can't put down the UC though as it yields well with too much ease. There's got to be a way to squeeze out the nasty snaps and chemical flav.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

This last crop of lvpk I just cut actually had a kick ass taste no snap and pops even without a cure. I was pulling it off the drying rack straight to the glass bowl and it was pretty dam smooth and tasty. I did how ever run pure ro for about 10 days and the plants surely showed there flush after the first few days.
One other thing I did this time was root crown with bud candy 3 time during bloom maybe that helped some
BG

N

NugNation

Ditch the pureflowers and flip flop this round and try out BB and OD in the undercurrent room.

T

TheIronLung317

I had a friend feed too much fertilizer during his roots organic soil grow. The bud snap crackled and popped when you smoked it, too much ferts still left in it. Honestly though I think it might be too much ferts still in the bud. I have been using DRIP CLEAN which flushes as you feed and all my bud ( just harvested) smokes clean and smooth as hell. Some of my girls were ready but not all had pale yellow leave and i had flushed with just water for almost two weeks.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Run compost teas, benies, zymes, etc. All help with flavor. Most commercial nutes lack sulfur. Sulfur=flavor. I'm playing with EWC + guano teas throughout. I'm generally pleased with flavor, but like you said, it could be better. ALways looking for a way to get more organic! Plus, with the new regs coming to CO, you will have to list all that crap you are putting in your res. No one will want to buy bud that says it contains chloramine, aluminum, hydrofungicide, gibberellic acid, etc. Seems like no one really gives a shit as to most of the horrible crap they put in the products, as long as you keep getting 2lbs per light, right? Flavor is for suckers anyway...

R

RMCG

Guess with all that chloramine, they shouldn't be drinking the water either...

Birth control residue
Arsenic
Anti-Psychotics
etc

Top 11 chemicals found in Drinking Water, make sure its on your label...

Atenolol, a beta-blocker used to treat cardiovascular disease
Atrazine, an organic herbicide banned in the European Union, but still used in the US, which has been implicated in the decline of fish stocks and in changes in animal behaviour
Carbamazepine, a mood-stabilising drug used to treat bipolar disorder, amongst other things
Estrone, an oestrogen hormone secreted by the ovaries and blamed for causing gender-bending changes in fish
Gemfibrozil, an anti-cholesterol drug
Meprobamate, a tranquiliser widely used in psychiatric treatment
Naproxen, a painkiller and anti-inflammatory linked to increases in asthma incidence
Phenytoin, an anticonvulsant that has been used to treat epilepsy
Sulfamethoxazole, an antibiotic used against the Streptococcus bacteria, which is responsible for tonsillitis and other diseases
TCEP, a reducing agent used in molecular biology
Trimethoprim, another antibiotic

M

MediMary

I was reading about the superbud fiasco from Dutch Master some pretty crazy stuff, and even after it was pulled from the market some growers were still swearing by it.
I would never buy dutch master after reading that shit.

R

RMCG

I think you would be surprised how many things are for 'ornamental use' only due to PGRs or the systemic nature of the ingredients.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Guess with all that chloramine, they shouldn't be drinking the water either...

Birth control residue
Arsenic
Anti-Psychotics
etc

Top 11 chemicals found in Drinking Water, make sure its on your label...

Atenolol, a beta-blocker used to treat cardiovascular disease
Atrazine, an organic herbicide banned in the European Union, but still used in the US, which has been implicated in the decline of fish stocks and in changes in animal behaviour
Carbamazepine, a mood-stabilising drug used to treat bipolar disorder, amongst other things
Estrone, an oestrogen hormone secreted by the ovaries and blamed for causing gender-bending changes in fish
Gemfibrozil, an anti-cholesterol drug
Meprobamate, a tranquiliser widely used in psychiatric treatment
Naproxen, a painkiller and anti-inflammatory linked to increases in asthma incidence
Phenytoin, an anticonvulsant that has been used to treat epilepsy
Sulfamethoxazole, an antibiotic used against the Streptococcus bacteria, which is responsible for tonsillitis and other diseases
TCEP, a reducing agent used in molecular biology
Trimethoprim, another antibiotic

Yet another reason to filter your water, both for you and your plants!

R

RMCG

Not sure why anyone thinks Jamaican Bats and Peruvian Seabirds only ingest 'good' things?

Blood/Bone meal - Come from 'organic' cows?

Poultry farms are some of the most nastiest, disease ridden places around. Not sure I want to be playing in their manure either.

Truth is, I like the 'feel good' nature of organics vs conventional methods, but only for potentially reduced environmental aspects.

I'm not going to eat hormone/antibiotic injected meats (I don't eat livers of any animal either) if I can help it, but beyond that, its a tough sell.

Studies on food 'smell' and 'taste' done with rats, rats chose organic ~60% of the time. Almost statistically indifferent.

Organic veggies vs Conventional veggies, esp on a commercial level? pest damage, smaller fruits, rots quicker.

Top Bottom